Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Crisp had 1g 1 a but his team is 0-3 and almost toast

Vail's team also down 0-3.

will either be Hamilton bound shortly?

I think both should get a look. They'd each get half a dozen or so games in and if they're still deciding on what to do with Vail, those games may make a difference.

I can't for the life of me understand why they'd be unsure about signing a fourth round pick who put up first line numbers with the Spitfires and is solid enough defensively that the Spitfires would put him on D when they needed him there.

At the very least he's a Florida born kid who spent a few years in the Detroit youth leagues. You don't let him walk. Flip him to the Red Wings for Aubry or something.

I think both should get a look. They'd each get half a dozen or so games in and if they're still deciding on what to do with Vail, those games may make a difference.

Would just like to see some young blood injected for last bit of season, make the last road trip games more interesting.

How long a contract does Guy Bouche have in Europe? Would love to see him take the reigns again.

I can't for the life of me understand why they'd be unsure about signing a fourth round pick who put up first line numbers with the Spitfires and is solid enough defensively that the Spitfires would put him on D when they needed him there.

At the very least he's a Florida born kid who spent a few years in the Detroit youth leagues. You don't let him walk. Flip him to the Red Wings for Aubry or something.

I guess training camp and early cut from Team USA really lowered his stock and older juniors are expected to dominate a bit at least.

But, I am very surprised he may not get signed (or cutting him loose is even be considered)?

How long a contract does Guy Bouche have in Europe? Would love to see him take the reigns again.

He has an NHL out clause after this season. I don't think he'd leave his new team to take over the Bulldogs again though.

He has an NHL out clause after this season. I don't think he'd leave his new team to take over the Bulldogs again though.

Think current staff gets another year to improve?

There was a bit of an incident in Game 2 of London-Windsor. McCarron got a 3rd man in penalty and could be facing suspension while Vail's mother got ejected for throwing beers into London's penalty bench, striking one of the Knights' players. She has since been charged with trespassing.

http://metronews.ca/news/london/980321/london-knights-take-2-0-playoff-lead-over-windsor-spitfires/

Vail's mother and Beaulieu's father should get together.

• Upvote 1

Vail & Crisp should be available to play hockey elsewhere after season likely ends today.

Gregoire 2g and 1a yesterday, 1 g was assisted by Hudon;

Hudon had 1g and 2a, with Gregoire assisting on his goal.

Nevins also had 3point game and was 1st star of game.

Vail & Crisp should be available to play hockey elsewhere after season likely ends today.

Fingers crossed....

It sounds like Lehkonen will indeed sign with Frolunda of the SHL in the coming days. Hopefully it's just a one year deal.

McCarron's team lost their starting goalie for the next 8 games due to a suspension for a high stick/slash/swing on Josh Ho-Sang. Very much well deserved. While that won't have much of an impact this series, it could come into play for Round 2.

Reway has scored again as Gatineau leads 1-0 in the 1st. That's 10 points in 10 periods for him.

Fingers crossed....

It sounds like Lehkonen will indeed sign with Frolunda of the SHL in the coming days. Hopefully it's just a one year deal.

McCarron's team lost their starting goalie for the next 8 games due to a suspension for a high stick/slash/swing on Josh Ho-Sang. Very much well deserved. While that won't have much of an impact this series, it could come into play for Round 2.

Reway has scored again as Gatineau leads 1-0 in the 1st. That's 10 points in 10 periods for him.

Halifax has spotted Fucale 8 goal lead near end of 2nd period.

Darn Sudbury up 1-0

Reway isn't just getting PP points, which is also a positive.

Reway pops his 2nd of game and now is +14.

Halifax played back up for 3rd period after 9-0 with Fucale in, and he gave up 3.

Reway ended up 2g and a +4.

Spitfires losing, Wolves winning 2-1

Halifax played back up for 3rd period after 9-0 with Fucale in, and he gave up 3.

Reway ended up 2g and a +4.

Nice numbers for Fucale - a 1.36 GAA and a .930 SV% in Round 1. He's now 30-8 lifetime in postseason play.

Reway's now +15 in 4 games. Wow.

Nice numbers for Fucale - a 1.36 GAA and a .930 SV% in Round 1. He's now 30-8 lifetime in postseason play.

Reway's now +15 in 4 games. Wow.

I assume Cape Breton totally sucks, so likely next round will lower those stats.

After Vail's comments about Kuchemy I don't know if I want him in a locker room.

What did he say? Out of what I found just doing a quick search, he didn't say anything that bad that I could see.

“I don’t even really know what’s going on with the whole thing,” Spitfires fourth-year centre Brady Vail said of Kuchmey’s departure. “We obviously didn’t play the right way in front of him. I thought maybe he could have had a couple of them, too.

“It was his call and obviously that’s not something you like to see, but again I don’t really know what’s going on.”

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2014/03/25/knights-rout-spits-10-2-in-game-3/

From the looks of it, Windsor's 3rd stringer wasn't available which is why Fotinos was forced to dress but he wasn't really in any shape to play, that's why they kept Kuchmey in. It's a tough situation but I think Kuchmey could have handled that a bit better for sure.

The Lehkonen-to-Frolunda deal is now done, it's a 2 year contract. Apparently the Habs gave him the okay to sign there. Since he was picked after the lockout, Montreal has 4 years to sign him (unlike the 2 for Collberg).

Don't think will hurt one bit for Lehkonen to play at least 1 more year in SHL, given how 'slight' he is.

And he will be back at world juniors again next year, along with Reway, de la Rose, Fucale, and maybe long shots McCarron and Gregoire?

(my crystal ball says, Habs 1st pick this year Jack Glover will be there ;))

What did he say? Out of what I found just doing a quick search, he didn't say anything that bad that I could see.

Windsor allowed six goals in game one and two and then allowed eight with Kuchmey in net and Vail goes ahead and throws a line about him needing to stop one or two. Game four the whole team played better and they only allowed four. It was tossing Kuchmey under the bus as far as I'm concerned and Boughner did the same.

It's important to know that Kuchmey wanted to leave the game a few months back but the Spitfires told him to stay. Leaving him in for eight because the starter has the flu and they didn't want to call up their Junior B goalie was ridiculous.

Windsor allowed six goals in game one and two and then allowed eight with Kuchmey in net and Vail goes ahead and throws a line about him needing to stop one or two. Game four the whole team played better and they only allowed four. It was tossing Kuchmey under the bus as far as I'm concerned and Boughner did the same.

It's important to know that Kuchmey wanted to leave the game a few months back but the Spitfires told him to stay. Leaving him in for eight because the starter has the flu and they didn't want to call up their Junior B goalie was ridiculous.

Ah. That one I didn't see. Was it a matter of that they didn't want to call up the 3rd stringer or that he couldn't get there in time? It seems odd that they'd willingly dress Fotinos if they knew he couldn't really play unless absolutely necessary.

So De la Rose is still playing, evidently. He scored today for Leksand's U-20 team in playoff action.

They are squeezing every bit out of his contract eh? Well, no harm in that, am more curious where he will be in Sept/Oct than this spring anyways. CHL hopefully.

Sudbury down 3-0 1/2 way through 1st, much better!

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker