Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Will Xhekaj go to Laval and get into any games?

https://habsprospects.com/statsohl.html

Playoffs
  Player Team
GP
G
A
PTS
+/-
PIM

Mešár, Filip Kitchener

Beck, Owen Saginaw
+3

Xhekaj, Florian Brantford
+0

Guindon, Cédrick Owen Sound

Sobolev, Daniil Brantford

4 minutes ago, DON said:

Will Xhekaj go to Laval and get into any games?

https://habsprospects.com/statsohl.html

Playoffs
  Player Team
GP
G
A
PTS
+/-
PIM

Mešár, Filip Kitchener

Beck, Owen Saginaw
+3

Xhekaj, Florian Brantford
+0

Guindon, Cédrick Owen Sound

Sobolev, Daniil Brantford

Habs would either have to sign him ... OR ... he would have to accept an Amateur Try-Out contract from The Rocket.

Assuming Hutson will sign as soon as BU completes their season, not certain HuGo will want to use up one of their other 4 open contract slots before July 1st on Florian ... those slots give them flexibility in trades around the draft.

3 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Habs would either have to sign him ... OR ... he would have to accept an Amateur Try-Out contract from The Rocket.

Assuming Hutson will sign as soon as BU completes their season, not certain HuGo will want to use up one of their other 4 open contract slots before July 1st on Florian ... those slots give them flexibility in trades around the draft.

They wouldn't need to burn a year on Xhekaj by signing him for this season.  They'd just sign him to a future contract that begins in 24-25, then give him an ATO for Laval for the stretch run.  I see no reason why he wouldn't be in Laval over the next few days unless he's been playing through an injury that needs to be addressed.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Oilver Kapanen is tied for the playoff lead in scoring, has 7 goals in 9 games. Has anyone here followed him closely?  I really haven't seem him play at all, but that's pretty impressive.

Two-way bottom-six type of player, looked decent offensively at the Spengler when I saw him a couple of times.  He isn't too far away from being NHL-ready.

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Two-way bottom-six type of player, looked decent offensively at the Spengler when I saw him a couple of times.  He isn't too far away from being NHL-ready.

Bottom-six players that can score are not a bad thing. 🙂 The only thing is that our bottom six will be a bit congested (at least next year) with players that have top-six contracts but don't play up to those.

10 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Bottom-six players that can score are not a bad thing. 🙂 The only thing is that our bottom six will be a bit congested (at least next year) with players that have top-six contracts but don't play up to those.

Anderson 😭

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Anderson 😭

Anderson, Gallagher, Dvorak. We have a complete overpaid 4th line.

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Anderson, Gallagher, Dvorak. We have a complete overpaid 4th line.

At least Dvorak is tradeable, although it may take a sweetener to do it.

3 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

At least Dvorak is tradeable, although it may take a sweetener to do it.

At least Dvorak only has 1 year left, the others have three.  For Anderson I do have some hope that he can regain his form, for Gallagher not so much. 

6 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

At least Dvorak only has 1 year left, the others have three.  For Anderson I do have some hope that he can regain his form, for Gallagher not so much. 

At the moment Anderson has a higher ceiling but his floor is also much lower than Gallagher's.

• Like 1

Gallagher is overpaid, no doubt.  But he's at least been an effective NHL player at a 3rd line level this season. 

Anderson hasn't even been that. 

• Like 1

The Montréal Canadiens signed forward Florian Xhekaj to a three-year, entry-level contract (2024-25 to 2026-27). He also signed a pro tryout with the Laval Rocket for the remainder of the season. (April 9)

Mesar 10pts in 6 games

Beck 7pts in 4 games

I believe the Habs could also negotiate a "loan agreement" so Kapanen could play in Laval next season ... Kimmo doing a favour for his dad?

16 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I believe the Habs could also negotiate a "loan agreement" so Kapanen could play in Laval next season ... Kimmo doing a favour for his dad?

A small technicality but the Habs wouldn't really need a loan agreement to get him to Laval.  Their contract supercedes the Sweden one with the transfer agreement between the NHL and the Swedish Federation.  That said, if this is getting done (and it's reasonable to think it is), the Habs are involved with this and have signed off.  NHL Plan A, SHL Plan B, goes to Laval when Timra's playoffs end.  I don't hate that approach but I'm not thrilled that it burns a contract slot for next season.  That said, I also think he'd have a semi-decent chance of making Montreal's roster so that last point could be moot.

Hopefully he signs and plays the last two games against Detroit next week ... don't want him in against Tkachuk and the Sens Saturday.

9 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Kapanen 0g+1a in 2-1 win, 19:38 TOI (second only to one of the D-men at 19:42). They now trail 1-2 in the semifinals.

4-0 loss today

The end of the season for Kapanen: 19:31 TOI but 0g+0a in a 3-1 loss to Tappara (at 34-13-13 the top team in the regular season). That's a 4-1 series win for Tappara and Kapanen is probably moving somewhere else (Laval or more likely Sweden) for next season.

2 hours ago, tomh009 said:

The end of the season for Kapanen: 19:31 TOI but 0g+0a in a 3-1 loss to Tappara (at 34-13-13 the top team in the regular season). That's a 4-1 series win for Tappara and Kapanen is probably moving somewhere else (Laval or more likely Sweden) for next season.

The one downside to the SHL report for Kapanen is that it might take finishing up this season with Laval off the table.