Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Something to keep an eye on. They don't have to sign him until next June. If he were to sign, there would be five RH d-men down there next year (Thrower, Dietz, Ellis, Pateryn, and Nygren), I have to think at least one of those would be ECHL bound.

Or another organization bound...

Today is the last day you'll able to call Olivier Archambault and Daniel Pribyl Montreal prospects. They'll lose their rights at 5 PM this afternoon barring a last minute signing. If anyone's wondering, here is the full list of prospects that need to be signed by their respective teams:

Boston

G Lars Volden

Buffalo

D Alex Lepkowski

Carolina

W Gregory Hofmann

G Matt Mahalak

Chicago

G Johan Mattsson

Colorado

D Dillon Donnelly

C Joachim Nermark

Detroit

W Alan Quine

W Philippe Hudon

Edmonton

G Samu Perhonen

Florida

D Rasmus Bengtsson

W Iiro Pakarinen

Los Angeles

G Christopher Gibson

W Michael Schumacher

Montreal

W Olivier Archambault

W Daniel Pribyl

Nashville

C Brent Andrews

D Simon Karlsson

New York Islanders

D Brenden Kichton

C Mitchell Theoret

New York Rangers

D Peter Ceresnak

W Shane McColgan

Ottawa

D Jordan Fransoo

Philadelphia

D Colin Sullentrop

Phoenix

W Andrew Fritsch

W Alexander Ruuttu

San Jose

D Justin Sefton

St. Louis

D Teemu Eronen

Vancouver

G David Honzik

C Pathrik Westerholm

Washington

G Steffen Soberg

Winnipeg

W Austen Brassard (signed before the deadline)

D Zachary Yuen

As expected, Archambault and Pribyl were officially let go. I'm disappointed that Pribyl was let go, I thought he had a bit of upside (big centres with some skill are always nice to have). The Habs have five picks left in the organization from the 2011 draft...all defencemen.

Nathan Beaulieu (17)

Josiah Didier (97)

Magnus Nygren (113)

Darren Dietz (138)

Colin Sullivan (198)

What I read is that Pribyl had skating issues. I wonder if we would have had to pay a premium to get him out of Europe had anything to do with the decision? If so maybe we are making a statement on the new European Pact.

What I read is that Pribyl had skating issues. I wonder if we would have had to pay a premium to get him out of Europe had anything to do with the decision? If so maybe we are making a statement on the new European Pact.

There always has been a fee to get players out of countries that are signatories to the transfer agreement and I don't think the fee went up too much this time around with the new deal. I think it came down to one of two things with Pribyl - his skating issues were too much to overcome, or he preferred to stay in the top Czech league where he's likely making more than he would in the minors while playing at home.

There is only a fee if they are under contract over there. If I were a six round draft choice and had any ambition to play in NHL, I would have to think hard about re-upping in Europe. As you say we may never know the real reason he wasn't signed by MB, but going the route I have just suggested he probably or anybody else for that matter would have a better chance. The point I am making, is that just because the agreement has been signed basically by the same countries previous, that doesn't mean the fall-out line is in the same spot.

There is only a fee if they are under contract over there. If I were a six round draft choice and had any ambition to play in NHL, I would have to think hard about re-upping in Europe. As you say we may never know the real reason he wasn't signed by MB, but going the route I have just suggested he probably or anybody else for that matter would have a better chance. The point I am making, is that just because the agreement has been signed basically by the same countries previous, that doesn't mean the fall-out line is in the same spot.

Some countries make their junior aged players sign long-term deals as teens; I'd say there's a good chance the contract Pribyl signed with Sparta before he was drafted is the same one he's still playing under through the end of next year.

Some countries make their junior aged players sign long-term deals as teens; I'd say there's a good chance the contract Pribyl signed with Sparta before he was drafted is the same one he's still playing under through the end of next year.

Fair enough.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to see Stephen Harper.

I haven't seen his name linked anywhere yet, I'm a bit surprised he wasn't drafted though.

Add G Jordan DeKort and D Nikolas Brouillard to those reportedly attending Montreal's camp.

I'd expect to see Thomas added to the official list whenever the Habs' site gets around to updating it.

Edit: I've updated the picture a couple of posts above with Thomas' addition. 56 in total now will attend camp which begins Wednesday.

http://www.dt.se/sport/1.6046729-ohl-klubb-vill-ha-over-de-la-rose-direkt

Seems Warren Rychel and Windsor Spitfire wants De la Rose to deflect and stay in North America. :( It is against the new agreement but this article says they are trying to convince Leksand to release him. Im not happy about this since Id love to see how he does in the SHL (new name of "Elitserien").

http://www.dt.se/sport/1.6046729-ohl-klubb-vill-ha-over-de-la-rose-direkt

Seems Warren Rychel and Windsor Spitfire wants De la Rose to deflect and stay in North America. :( It is against the new agreement but this article says they are trying to convince Leksand to release him. Im not happy about this since Id love to see how he does in the SHL (new name of "Elitserien").

If he were to stay in the SHL, is there a chance his role could be reduced from what it was last year? With the promotion, I would think that Leksand would want to try and improve their depth somewhat. If he figures to have a regular role, I wouldn't be overly worried about his development either way but if it even looks like it could be another Collberg situation, it may be best to get him to the CHL.

If he were to stay in the SHL, is there a chance his role could be reduced from what it was last year? With the promotion, I would think that Leksand would want to try and improve their depth somewhat. If he figures to have a regular role, I wouldn't be overly worried about his development either way but if it even looks like it could be another Collberg situation, it may be best to get him to the CHL.

Leksand was sooooooo close to bankruptcy this year so i dont really know how much new players they can afford to sign. Worst case he could be borrowed to a team in Allsvenskan (league below) and thats not to bad either.

the SEL name change is screwing with my head so hard because I've been in a hockey player sim league named SHL for years...

I hate that namechange... its allways been "Elitserien". Why do they have to change it into an international name? And the other changes made doesnt make any sence either... 12 team league, 10 make the playoffs and two goes to the relegation series.

I was hopeing for 16 teams going the NHL-route with two eightteam conferances. 4 teams in each make playoffs and the bottom team in each conferance goes to the relegation.

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker