Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Leksand outshot 13-46 and still manages to win the game 2-1. Jacob De La Rose with the gamewinning goal and an assist on the first goal. Considering how bad Leksand has played the first two games De La Rose should have a great chance at lots of icetime. He played alot SH hockey and did it good. Big hero was the goaltender Oscar Alsenfelt who kept Leksand in the first game until the end and won this game for them.

All I can hope for now is for them to get some confidence and stop looking so afraid on the ice.

CHL Previews start today.

The QMJHL Maritimes Preview (Includes Fucale)
http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/09/19/2013-14-qmjhl-preview-maritimes-division/

The QMJHL East Preview (includes Hudon in profile, and Gregoire in a passing mention)
http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/09/19/2013-14-qmjhl-preview-east-division/

If de la Rose can produce in SEL, that would bode very well, as they said the offense "upside" is what dropped his stock in draft.

Gregoire and Lehkonen also off to good start.

Gregoire starting out hot, another 3 points today.

Fucale getting lit up, maybe team in front of him is weaker than expected?

Why was Reway a healthy scratch? He looked very good at camp, must be some off-ice issue I assume?

Fucale getting lit up, maybe team in front of him is weaker than expected?

Why was Reway a healthy scratch? He looked very good at camp, must be some off-ice issue I assume?

Halifax will be more of a middle-pack team this year I think so I expect his numbers to take a downswing (but it'll be better for his development facing more shots/adversity). Reway was benched for off-ice reasons, I guess the coach didn't like his attitude coming back from Montreal's camp.

Lehkonen 5 games/5 points, very very early, but same pace as 23year old L.F. Eller had in same league last year.

See if Fucale can have a good game today, save %wise anyways.

After getting tossed from Saturday's game, Gregoire didn't play today. Not sure if he was a healthy scratch or suspended.

Charles Hudon picked up two more points to bring him past the 200 point plateau for his QMJHL career.

Zach Fucale, after allowing just one goal and going 10/10 in the shootout, got saddled with the loss today, allowing two goals on 20 shots. Decent numbers to start the year for him, 2.56 GAA, .902 SV%.

Michael McCarron had an assist and a shoulder injury in a 6-3 loss. He has accumulated a Gordie Howe hat trick in his first two games.

Connor Crisp, after killing my Colts on Friday, had another goal, giving him 4 points on the weekend. Unfortunately, he also took 3 penalties, the last of which led to the OT winner.

Lehkonen and de la Rose both doing well. de la Rose seems like a physical, good skating and defensively sound prospect, look forward to see him at world juniors.

Were size and Collberg type defensive play, the only negatives for Lehkonen?

Bozon not off to good start.

Will Gregoire be like Hudon and be a great-looking late pick, or is he just off to a freakishly good start?

Lehkonen and de la Rose both doing well. de la Rose seems like a physical, good skating and defensively sound prospect, look forward to see him at world juniors.

Were size and Collberg type defensive play, the only negatives for Lehkonen?

Bozon not off to good start.

Will Gregoire be like Hudon and be a great-looking late pick, or is he just off to a freakishly good start?

Concussions are also a big concern for Lehkonen. Bozon has been dropped to the 3rd line, it's not looking good for him so far. As for Gregoire, it's way too early to tell. I don't think he can keep up (or come close to) the type of pace he's currently on though.

In other news, Michael McCarron will miss 1-2 weeks with a shoulder injury.

Concussions are also a big concern for Lehkonen. Bozon has been dropped to the 3rd line, it's not looking good for him so far. As for Gregoire, it's way too early to tell. I don't think he can keep up (or come close to) the type of pace he's currently on though.

In other news, Michael McCarron will miss 1-2 weeks with a shoulder injury.

obviously not 2PPG, but thinking Gregoire possibly come in 80+points and 100+pims? And I keep comparing him to Emile Pourier, whom I thought might be a good pick @25 and both off to similar start.

didn't know concussions were issue for the Finn, hope dosent crop up again this season, was it a Ruuttu dirty hit that did it? I vaguely recall Ruuttu cheap shot on some prospect?

Just noticed Vail is off to similar hot start he had last fall? Good to see.

obviously not 2PPG, but thinking Gregoire possibly come in 80+points and 100+pims? And I keep comparing him to Emile Pourier, whom I thought might be a good pick @25 and both off to similar start.

Just noticed Vail is off to similar hot start he had last fall? Good to see.

If Gregoire does better than a point per game, it's a good start. 80 would be a shocker considering he doesn't have that many points in his career to-date.

As for Vail, most of that came in one 4-point game. Hopefully being looked over for a captaincy letter lights a fire under him.

Gregoire still on good pace, 6th goal in 6th game with 1 period or so left, looking good for pick 176th (over very short span, but still encouraging).

Gregoire still rolling, 8 goals in 7 games, Hudon doing well also.

Vail 17th and Crisp is 29th in OHL scoring, I know still early in season, but still nice to see.

Thrower also had good 1st game with goal&assist

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker