Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Bozon and Sam Reinhart set up couple goals. Bozon with 6 points in last 4 games maybe adjusted to new team?

Thrower was 2nd star and another 2 points, 15th in WHL d-scoring.

With 14 points in his last 4 games, Reway is now tied for 11th in Q scoring.

The Subway Super Series (CHL vs Russia) starts tonight with the first of two QMJHL games. Fucale is expected to get the start while Hudon and Gregoire are also playing. Hudon is on line 1 with Drouin and Mantha (nice line) while Gregoire is on line 2 with 1st rounders Poirier and Gauthier. Coverage begins at 7 PM on Sportsnet Ontario, East, and Pacific and TVA Sports.

Good write up Brian.

I think anyone playing with Drouin would do well and what the heck is he doing playing junior anyways?

Gregoire looked fine, got some PP time, threw a few hits and funny that who i seem to compare him too, Pourier, was on same line.

(Pourier maybe is benefitting from playing with superstar Reway in Gatineau?)

Goalies are goalies and Fucale seemed fine, but not really tested too much.

Bozon and Thrower were both 3rd stars in their games yesterday.

Bozon with GWG and 6 points in last 4 games, seems to have woken up.

Thrower now 12th in WHL d-scoring with 21points in 20games and leading his weak team with +5.

Both Hudon and Gregoire played fine yesterday.

Gregoire was just about youngest kid in 2013 draft, just turned 18 in Sept and in 2 years he could be a darn solid prospect as the 176th pick (maybe the extra Q-scouting paid off).

Reway at 116th, also seems to be a sweet Timmins et al draft choice as well and looking forward to see him play in Sweden in a few weeks.

I thought Gregoire had 1g 1a last night watching the game (but was given nothing on the scoresheet during the game) wonder if they changed it afterwards reviewing the tape.

Hudon had an assist, but if they review the tape and add the assist to Gregoire, its Hudon that gets it taken away.

Either way they both played well.

I didn't catch too much of the game yesterday but I did find interesting a tidbit from Sam Cosentino regarding Gregoire. The Habs apparently looked at Gregoire's skating stride on video and set him up with some orthotics to shift the weight balance in his feet which has something to do with his improved skating. That's not something you hear every day on a hockey broadcast.

Reway now 11th in Q scoring, Gregoire 17th and with 5 point game yesterday Hudon up to 21st.

And Vail with 1st star effort and 3 point game is 21st in OHL scoring.

Fucale's save% nothing special; but if wins are important, he is now 61-13 in last 2 years.

Nice timing Don, I was more or less typing that out exactly. I'll add regarding Fucale that he is now 4th in QMJHL GAA and leads the league in wins (again). Also regarding Reway, he's only two points behind Poirier for the team lead in points.

Nice timing Don, I was more or less typing that out exactly. I'll add regarding Fucale that he is now 4th in QMJHL GAA and leads the league in wins (again). Also regarding Reway, he's only two points behind Poirier for the team lead in points.

Vail still aint got a chance in making USA world junior team eh, after being one of first cuts in summer?

Vail still aint got a chance in making USA world junior team eh, after being one of first cuts in summer?

If he can keep up this scoring pace for the next few weeks, he might do enough to get to the camp. If he does that, then there's obviously a chance. I'd say the odds are still against him doing that at this time though.

On Fucale, the save percentages in the Q are all lower than in the AHL, NHL, etc....

And Fucale's GAA and save % do improve in post season, whereas Price with Tri-city had .914 in both reg and post seasons, on much weaker team.

Will Hudon be traded this year, with his team not doing so well?

Are they lower than the OHL and WHL too?

The QMJHL has 10 goalies with a .900 SV% or better. The OHL has 16 while the WHL has 23. I don't know where to find league save percentages but based on that alone, I'd say the QMJHL has lower SV%'s than those leagues.

That's interesting, there must be different styles of play in the different leagues. Maybe there's something to be said about the stereotype of the big Western Canadian defenseman after all.

I haven't been at too many WHL games or QMJHL games live to comment.... but I know there are a number of rinks in the OHL where they are FAR more generous with shot counts than say the NHL or AHL.

Shots that are wide.... dump ins from centre.... just adding numbers to the shot clock for no reason... I've seen it in many OHL rinks.

Not strange to see both teams over 45 shots in a game.

Bozon had 5 points in 3 games this week. But, watched a few of his games this year and I just don't get a "good feeling" about how he may do at the pro level. I get the impression he will just be a Avtsin or that Alain Berger type?

I thought Thrower also was trending in wrong direction, but seems to really have rebounded from a tough year and look forward to seeing what game he will bring to Hamilton in the spring.

Fucale with shutout and 2nd star in another easy victory. (That Auger goalie for Saint John is seeing a ton more shots and leading the Q in #of saves and save%)

Bozon had 5 points in 3 games this week. But, watched a few of his games this year and I just don't get a "good feeling" about how he may do at the pro level. I get the impression he will just be a Avtsin or that Alain Berger type?

I have similar reservations although he should be better than Avtsin or Berger. I was hoping to see him carry a line this year and he wasn't doing that with Kamloops (and won't get the opportunity if he's on the top line in Kootenay). More assertiveness would go a long way in helping his cause.

I have similar reservations although he should be better than Avtsin or Berger. I was hoping to see him carry a line this year and he wasn't doing that with Kamloops (and won't get the opportunity if he's on the top line in Kootenay). More assertiveness would go a long way in helping his cause.

He seems to stand back from puck battles, or opposite of a Gallagher, and almost hope puck is freed for him to grab and go (Cammalleri-like). Lacking "assertiveness" seems bang-on.

But, he was on a bad Blazer team and is showing signs of adjusting to new team, so I hope am premature and wrong in pigeon holing him and he is able to produce in Hamilton.

Bozon had 5 points in 3 games this week. But, watched a few of his games this year and I just don't get a "good feeling" about how he may do at the pro level. I get the impression he will just be a Avtsin or that Alain Berger type?p

I thought Thrower also was trending in wrong direction, but seems to really have rebounded from a tough year and look forward to seeing what game he will bring to Hamilton in the spring.

Fucale with shutout and 2nd star in another easy victory. (That Auger goalie for Saint John is seeing a ton more shots and leading the Q in #of saves and save%)

Bozon is a guy who could go either way. We'll have to wait and see.I wou

l wouldn't get too excited for Thrower either. Its his fifth year in the WHL. If he wasn't dominating I'd be worried. What he's doing now is not bad, but its nothing to get excited about either. Being a 5th year player there is little he can do that would excite me, all he can do is not go backwards.

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker