Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Crisp is going to become the Gallagher of that draft for us, the guy who surprise everyone and makes the team.

I still see skilled player like Oliver Bjorkstrand racking up almost 2points/game in WHL and question choice of Crisp over a player like that (and McCarron over numerous skilled kids taken afer he was)? But Crisp may be the best of the 2 goons taken by Habs.

I hope Crisp is better than a Andrew Conboy or Ian Shultz, but dont expect it. Will see how he looks next fall in Hamilton as a pro.

I think Habs drafted 2 big goons, to appease French media/fans call for size, which is not smart, but will see if home run swings pay off within a few years.

Crisp is going to become the Gallagher of that draft for us, the guy who surprise everyone and makes the team.

I hope Crisp becomes Travis Moen, not Brendan Gallagher.

Jeremie Gregoire is looking good for a 6th rounder.

I hope Crisp becomes Travis Moen, not Brendan Gallagher.

Jeremie Gregoire is looking good for a 6th rounder.

I didn't mean the player type, I meant more the surprise of the draft selections. Especially since his original reaction had everything to do with people thinking he was a goalie.

Everyone keeps saying "goon" about him and ignores the fact the kid can play.

He's 19 years old in Junior Hockey.

Even guys like Kypreos and Moen put up good stats in their fourth season of junior hockey. Heck Ryan White was a big time scorer at that age. Same with Lapierre and Gabriel Dumont, and others.

Saying I hope he becomes a "Moen" isn't saying he's a goon. Moen is a useful 3rd/4th line tweener.

To even make the NHL as a grinder, you are gonna need to score as a 19 year old in the CHL.

He's not a superheavyweight like John Scott who can get by with still being garbage at all levels.

I didn't mean the player type, I meant more the surprise of the draft selections. Especially since his original reaction had everything to do with people thinking he was a goalie.

Everyone keeps saying "goon" about him and ignores the fact the kid can play.

Not sure all categorize him as a goon, but I do, he was McDavid's protector and chipped in with some unexpected offense. And McCarron seems to have his heart set on being a fighter.

And maybe more that I was not fond of these 2 choices and still don't see as smart picks at all, Crisp would likely of been available much later in draft and McCarron should of gone about the same place as his hero Lucic, mid-late 2nd round.

But, I hope I am out to frickin lunch and Timmins/Dudley/Bergevin have chosen wisely, draft is a bit of crapshoot to begin with.

I know I didn't like Crisp's pick at the time, and I still think that Andrighetto who was drafted after him is a better prospect, but I don't mind trying to find a home grown grinder in the third round the more i think about it. He wouldnt have been my pick, but I won't get too angry.

I just hated the home grown grinder in the first round. The McCarron pick pisses me off.

I hope I'm wrong.

I know I didn't like Crisp's pick at the time, and I still think that Andrighetto who was drafted after him is a better prospect, but I don't mind trying to find a home grown grinder in the third round the more i think about it. He wouldnt have been my pick, but I won't get too angry.

I just hated the home grown grinder in the first round. The McCarron pick pisses me off.

I hope I'm wrong.

I wonder if Shinkaruk would of been picked by Habs if Canucks passed on him, or did they have heart set on the big guy? Klimchuk-Erne-Hartman seem like would of been smarter picks. Oh well, maybe McCarron is like Tinordi and will just take a bit of time to adjust to OHL?

And he did impress me during pre-season with Habs and seemed to play smart and didnt try to do to much.

From what I can figure, Montreal wanted a goalie and a power forward in their first picks and when talking to other scouts, knew McCarron was on the radar of other GMs but Fucale wasn't. So they could delay the Fucale pick. If it was the other way around, Fucale would have been taken first round and McCarron second.

I read somewhere that McCarron was on Chicago and Calgary's lists while de la Rose was on Tampa's list and nobody seemed to want Fucale until Dallas. Also if the team didn't get McCarron/de la Rose they would have went for Adam Erne. Don't remember who was claiming it. Probably hearsay or made up.

Fucale has made Team Canada's World Junior team. That feels quite odd typing on December 2nd but there were only two goalies invited to camp and he's one of them. As expected, Charles Hudon is also on the list.

Canada invited 25 players and has to cut two forwards and a d-man from this group.

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/Team-Canada/Men/Junior/2013-14/Selection-Camp/Roster

Both Vail and McCarron were not among the 26 invitees to the US junior camp.

On a side note, there are rumblings that the two of them could soon be teammates with London.

Vail/Koekkoek for the biggest stash of picks and prospects possible. Two big trades (the Rychel deal included eight draft picks if I remember correctly) in a short span is kind of Warren's style.

Funny enough someone mentioned McCarron going to the Spitfires. Doubt it but it'd be funny to see two Canadiens picks switch teams.

Bozon played vs Thrower yesterday.

Bozon had several good plays at both ends of rink and looked more involved, even got a fighting major (but should of been 2minutes at most for getting roughed up)

Thrower was solid but his team is pretty weak, how they actually won?, goaltending was difference I guess?

Watched Bennett vs Ohio State, he also seems to be on a relatively thin team. But he made sweet game winning (Subban-like) stretch pass for winning goal and he finally got his first goal in his last game.

Hoping he can maybe be a Tobias Enstrom type d-man.

Yeah, Bennett's team is rather weak. I put an article up about him yesterday that looked at his situation (frequently rotating partners, young D corps, etc); it should still be up on the main page, it's worth a read.

To no one's surprise, de la Rose and Collberg are on Sweden's preliminary WJC roster.

Michigan is the number 4 ranked team in the NCAA (and #2 in their conference).

Really? I never would of guessed they were even in top 20, but I have only seen the Wolverines play the one game this year.

Really? I never would of guessed they were even in top 20, but I have only seen the Wolverines play the one game this year.

Same here. I must be underestimating some of their younger guys (that admittedly I'm not all that familiar with).

Any word on other Habs prospects in the WJC? Is it likely that Collberg and De la Rose will attend?

Both of them were on Sweden's camp roster and I presume both would make it - both played last year. I don't think Finland/Slovakia have released their lists yet but expect Lehkonen/Reway to be on those.

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker