Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Hudon had nother good game, 2 goals 1 helper

Am quite looking forward to world juniors to see how prospects like de la Rose/Lehkonen play vs own age group.

2 goals 2 assists for Bozon.

He killed his very weak old team on the PP, but managed to not be one of 3 stars of game.

Thrower assisted on both Giant goals, 1.00ppg this year and still a + player, playing a ton of icetime on rebuilding team.

de la Rose had 1g & 1a yesterday, nice to see some offense from him and he stood out at world juniors last year with his physical play and I expect he should put on a good showing at this years World Juniors with home advantage.

de la Rose had 1g & 1a yesterday, nice to see some offense from him and he stood out at world juniors last year with his physical play and I expect he should put on a good showing at this years World Juniors with home advantage.

He scored again today and got a little over 14 minutes of ice time. I think that's 5 goals and 5 assists for him now on the year in 29 games, not bad for an 18 year old. Nygren has a goal so far today as well.

Lehkonen had a 2 goal game

Bozon & Crisp score again.

McCarron and Thrower no points, but at least drop the gloves. Thrower's opponent just bit bigger, Keegan Kanzig- 6'5" 240lb+ (he is huge but not best fighter and already been 1 punch KOed this year).

Gregoire scoring has slowed down, but already has had his best year in just 1/2 a season.

Slovak eh, I saw him listed as a Czech and he is from Prague, has dual citizenship or something I guess.

Gregoire had 2 pts and was 1st star

Nevins and Crisp both continue to play well.

Hudon is skating with Curtis Lazar and Anthony Mantha at WJC practice. Worth noting is that Drouin is still out with a concussion so that line from the Canada-Russia series could be reunited at some point.

Hudon and Mantha together again, H.Canada must of liked the combo from subway series (but any 2 players with Drouin would likely do well).

maybe Timmons really is good a his job?.

Timmins is the best head scout in the league and most people in the league tend to agree.

The only real "Timmins ain't great" people are those who obsess over one or two players or put too much stock into his first round record. Even then he only had one bust:

2003: Andrei Kostitsyn (bad pick with Carter and Brown right near)

2004: Kyle Chipchura (injury cut him down, still in NHL)

2005: Carey Price (franchise goalie)

2006: David Fischer (bust)

2007: Ryan McDonaugh, Max Pacioretty (top 2 D, first line LW)

2008: no first round pick, second round pick Kristo traded, in AHL

2009: Louis Leblanc (weak draft, even Chris Kreider having issues)

2010: Jarred Tinordi (time will tell)

2011: Nathan Beaulieu (at the time of pick, only Connor Murphy is looking faster developed)

2012: Alex Galchenyuk (best player in the draft)

2013: Mike McCarron (just happened, time will tell)

Nobody produces more NHL games than Timmins picks. That's the purpose of the draft.

Charles Hudon will be traded to Baie-Comeau, where he will join Gregoire.

Good for Hudon I guess to maybe go farther in playoffs, before he finishes season with Hamilton?

de la Rose stood out to me last year, as a good sized and skating checker and am curious to see Lehkonen and he play vs their own age group.

Good for Hudon I guess to maybe go farther in playoffs, before he finishes season with Hamilton?

de la Rose stood out to me last year, as a good sized and skating checker and am curious to see Lehkonen and he play vs their own age group.

If Baie-Comeau goes deep, there's a pretty high chance the Bulldogs will be finished before his Quebec season ends.

• 2 weeks later...

Vail had himself another strong game with 3 assists today. He's just shy of cracking the top-25 in league scoring.

He's really stepped up after the trade winds didn't take him elsewhere. It still makes no sense that they kept him from getting a letter at the start of the year for next to no reason only to keep him thus far. Even so, it's worked out. The trade woke the team up.

Great to see Vail doing well, last year he was a -23 and now is sitting at +24 with 30 games to go and only about 10points off last years total.

What did Thrower do to get suspended? Another checking to head suspension for Thrower, he goes for the big open ice hit too often I guess.

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker