Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

For De La Rose to have 6 points is good considering how weak his team is offensively. Really boring team to watch, all defence and try to take advantage of the misstakes the other team makes. But as long as they aren't among the bottom two teams I'm happy. Collberg needs to be borrowed to the 2nd league or something to get icetime. A full season in Allsvenskan wouldnt be bad for him at all.

Just letting everyone know that Halifax is playing on sportsnet tonight so you'll be able to see Fucale play. Game starts in a few minutes

He's really fighting the puck at the moment. He also seems to be going into the butterfly before the shot is even being taken which is a tad concerning.

He numbers are down this year, what kind of defense does he have in front of him?

It seems like a bit of a veteran crew looking at the roster. 2 born in 93 and three others in 94. As far as names I dont recognize very many of them

And ya as dlbalr mentioned he hasnt looked that impressive so far. Hope the Mooseheads make the playoffs again to give him more experience in a pressure scenario.

Fucale's in a slump at the moment. He played well at the beginning of the year but has lost his way in recent weeks. With the Canada-Russia challenge coming up (I think next week) and the WJC camp after, he's going to be facing some pressure to get back on track.

Edit: He got the shutout tonight, hopefully that's what gets him going.

How strong/deep is forward group for World Junior team Ben?

Would Gregoire have any hope of making roster, if he has a good showing in subway series and Q for next month? I keep comparing him to Pourier and both are even @ 19games-29points and 5th in Q scoring.

I assume Reway is a lock for Czech and the 3 Scandinavian kids also. Fucale/Hudon are likely to go, but not sure thing eh?

Vail not fading yet and doing well, still very unlikely to make USA team I assume?

Thrower may have his 2nd concussion, which is just too bad with way he has been playing.

My 2 cents on the WJC chances:

CAN: Fucale, Hudon (both probable), Gregoire (longshot at best)

USA: McCarron, Vail (both longshots)

SWE: Collberg, de la Rose (locks)

FIN: Lehkonen (lock)

SVK: Reway (lock)

To have six prospects at the WJC's is pretty good.

Speaking of the World Juniors, there's a mini pre-tournament going on with Russia, Sweden, Finland, and the Czechs. Collberg, de la Rose, and Lehkonen are all participating (they all had points today; Lehkonen and de la Rose also had points yesterday). It started Friday and runs through Monday.

My 2 cents on the WJC chances:

CAN: Fucale, Hudon (both probable), Gregoire (longshot at best)

USA: McCarron, Vail (both longshots)

SWE: Collberg, de la Rose (locks)

FIN: Lehkonen (lock)

SVK: Reway (lock)

To have six prospects at the WJC's is pretty good.

Speaking of the World Juniors, there's a mini pre-tournament going on with Russia, Sweden, Finland, and the Czechs. Collberg, de la Rose, and Lehkonen are all participating (they all had points today; Lehkonen and de la Rose also had points yesterday). It started Friday and runs through Monday.

Collberg and Bozon are 2 that am a touch "worried" about not progressing as hoped yet?

Thrower was in that category, but he is showing pre-draft form (well till last game anyways). Vail, am on the fence whether will likely be good pro?

I had very low expectations for the 2 goons, McCarron and Crisp, so former is as I expected (but very early yet) and latter much better.

How strong/deep is forward group for World Junior team Ben?

Would Gregoire have any hope of making roster, if he has a good showing in subway series and Q for next month? I keep comparing him to Pourier and both are even @ 19games-29points and 5th in Q scoring.

I assume Reway is a lock for Czech and the 3 Scandinavian kids also. Fucale/Hudon are likely to go, but not sure thing eh?

Vail not fading yet and doing well, still very unlikely to make USA team I assume?

Thrower may have his 2nd concussion, which is just too bad with way he has been playing.

I actually did my world junior team canada projections yesterday and now am just writing the reasons for picking who i did.

http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/11/09/an-early-look-at-the-world-juniors-team-canada-goalies-and-defence/

Thats the D and Goalies.... my forwards tomorrow.

Gregoire, I'd say his chances for this year are slim to none.

Reway, Lekhonen, Collberg, De la Rose should all be sure things unless injury.

Not sure if you were even asking about Thrower or just commenting on his concussion, but he is too old.

Vail, getting cut early in the summer camp doesn't help his chances, but we'll see. Havent actually started the USA projection yet, but i'll have it out this week. Like I know who is playing well, but have i sat down and tried to make a lineup for them? Not yet.

Just wishful thinking for Gregoire and was just comment on Thrower setback.

Will young d-men like maybe Ekblad, Bowey, Heatherington or Morin be invited to camp try out? Or none really would be upgrade on any older guys you already slotted and will need to wait another year for realistic shot.

Heatherington was at the summer camp, as was Darnell Nurse, so I will bet on them being invited.

Team seems too deep to consider a Bowey to be honest.

A guy like Morin might go to camp, he wasn't at the summer camp and I don't know that I'm crazy about him on Olympic sized ice vs say a Josh Morrissey or Damon Severson, who can really skate.

Ekblad captained the Hlinka team in the summer, so he wasn't at summer camp, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him at the December camp.

Heatherington was at the summer camp, as was Darnell Nurse, so I will bet on them being invited.

Team seems too deep to consider a Bowey to be honest.

A guy like Morin might go to camp, he wasn't at the summer camp and I don't know that I'm crazy about him on Olympic sized ice vs say a Josh Morrissey or Damon Severson, who can really skate.

Ekblad captained the Hlinka team in the summer, so he wasn't at summer camp, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him at the December camp.

Sure, thanks.

I think Reinhart is also not best choice for big ice and he seems a bit overrated. Is no Dougie Hamilton, but should do fine with Brooklyn as a solid defensive d-man.

Reway with a 4 point night is doing very well and Hudon picked up couple more goals.

I cant complain about any of these 13 and I was surprised you included Petan-Shinkaruk, which would be a couple of my first picks and seems Canada should use smaller quicker rosters than they typically do for world juniors (like adding McNeill instead of a Shinkaruk-type last year)? And has been several years now the mix hasn't worked, and with the huge pool of quality players to pick from, should be able to ice a winner every couples years at worst.

Quick notes from yesterday's games:

- Bozon had a pair of goals, he's up to 15 points on the year now. Still not good enough but that's better at least.

- Fucale made 31 saves in a win over Charlottetown.

- Hudon got banged up a bit on a rough hit but stayed in the game.

- Thrower's back from his concussion, had an assist and a fight victory over Shinkaruk.

- Didier picked up his first point of the season, an assist.

Bozon still seems to be "uninvolved" in physical aspect and floating a bit too much, in what I have seen of him this year. But if he can start producing, Kootenay will be a bit happier about trade.

Thrower vs Shinkaruk should be a bit one sided, but super to see Thrower back already.

Did McCarron play OK?

Reway still chipping in and he and Gregoire on same 1.4ppg pace.

Fucale is winning and sounds like playing well.

Bennett still very quiet in Michigan, weak team this year?

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker