Injury news

Commandant

To get Emelin back in the line up I would be taking Gonchar out.

Markov - Subban

Beaulieu - Petry

Emelin - Gilbert

Now everyone is playing on their correct side. Gonchar should still be switched in regularly to keep the D fresh and since he can play either side its pretty easy to do. Weaver will be the tougher one to argue getting playing time but he still needs some reps to keep game ready.

The first thing I thought of when looking at this lineup is...in a couple of years Beaulieu is going to look great on a pairing with Subban.

Guest Stogey24

The first thing I thought of when looking at this lineup is...in a couple of years Beaulieu is going to look great on a pairing with Subban.

He does now. I'd love to see them get more of a look. Lots of speed

Guest Stogey24

Mitchell's right arm was in a splint following yesterday's game. I suspect he'll be out for a bit meaning that one of Flynn or Malhotra will go back in.

He looked like he was in some serious pain on the bench

I suspect he'll be out for a bit meaning that one of Flynn or Malhotra will go back in.

MT said that Flynn will take his place vs Tampa on Monday. Its good to have a few extra bodies. I think Malhotra should get a few games here to get in game shape. Maybe switch him and Flynn out every two games. May need Malhotra's faceoffs come playoff time.

For anyone hoping to hear from Tinordi again before the season ended, bad news. He's out a minimum of three weeks with an upper body injury. Davis Drewiske, who has been Hamilton's top blueliner all year, is done for the season with a wrist injury. He would have been a black ace at the very least for Montreal's postseason run.

How bout Gilbert; jaw/cheek issue, concussed or just cut badly?

...maybe he should rest for a couple weeks anyways and let Nate/Weaver/Pateryn rotate and fill in?

115km direct shot to face. Youch

Sorry to say 95% of HabFans will be very happy to know Gilbert isnt going on 2 game road trip.

And 74-26-28-64 are being mixed and matched at practie today.

Guest Stogey24

French press said Tinordi has had sprained wrist since before his last call up to Habs and why he is out a few weeks now.

Word on the street is Jarred might be a little less injured than leading on. Pissed about being sent back down

Word on the street is Jarred might be a little less injured than leading on. Pissed about being sent back down

Why would he want to sit with only couple games left in season?

They said he was injured even before his last call up to Habs and that his father said he shouldnt of played through injury and should of taken time off earlier.

That's one way to get into the organizations' bad books if it were true. I think he tried to play through something, it didn't go well, and they're shutting him down for a bit to try to help it heal. Unfortunately the timing, given the dogfight Hamilton is in for a playoff spot, couldn't be worse.

Guest Stogey24

That's one way to get into the organizations' bad books if it were true. I think he tried to play through something, it didn't go well, and they're shutting him down for a bit to try to help it heal. Unfortunately the timing, given the dogfight Hamilton is in for a playoff spot, couldn't be worse.

I really hope he's a in Habs sweater next year. By the sound of things he's heading else where

Maybe JT ought to hire his Dad to be his agent..seems to be putting MB on the spot. I for one, am liking Greg Pateryn more and more..so if JT wants to force MB's hand, let him.

Because of Tinordi's waiver status, he'll almost assuredly be around full-time next year. He knows that, so does his father. Him speaking out shouldn't be much of an issue.

I was under the impression his entry level contract is completed this summer. What does that mean if true, does Montreal still have rights to him? If so, what kind of options for Montreal or for the player?

I was under the impression his entry level contract is completed this summer. What does that mean if true, does Montreal still have rights to him? If so, what kind of options for Montreal or for the player?

Yes, his entry-level deal is up at the end of the season. The Habs can (and undoubtedly will) issue him a qualifying offer to retain his rights as a restricted free agent. They will then have to negotiate a new contract with Tinordi or trade him. For Tinordi, his options are sign or hold out and the latter isn't really much of an option given that he has little leverage (no arbitration rights and the fact that he has yet to make it as a full-time NHL'er in three years).

Because of Tinordi's waiver status, he'll almost assuredly be around full-time next year. He knows that, so does his father. Him speaking out shouldn't be much of an issue.

Patches had lots to say when he was in Hamilton, didn't affect his status with the team.

Patches had lots to say when he was in Hamilton, didn't affect his status with the team.

But he then let his play speak for itself, with help of a super playmaking lil centre of course.