Injury news

Commandant

Ha ha, as inane as his 'doctor' comments were, I can't bring myself to hate Recchi. He was a terrific player for us during a very bad time for the franchise.

I agree. A fellow bc boy close to my age as well. I have a recchi autographed hat and I like it.

Pacioretty skated by himself for around a half hour this morning. That's a good sign.

What.. all his friends have abandonned him?

I nothing about his ailment, but at least think I know that exercising and concussions are not good playmates early on. Wolverines are loners too, no?

didn't see tonight's game ... did the Habs make it out unscathed injury-wise?

Pacioretty skated by himself for around a half hour this morning. That's a good sign.

My guess is that he's symptom free and he got the green light for light exercise. If he's back on the ice again tomorrow, we can all exhale.

My guess is that he's symptom free and he got the green light for light exercise. If he's back on the ice again tomorrow, we can all exhale.

He skated today. Still by himself but he was accompanied by pucks this time.

I stand by my first diagnosis. No head injury or he would not have flown with the team. He hurt his butt. He is fine. He is rested and ready to go. I don't have a clue where the concussion news came from. It was never mentioned by the team. Just the media. He landed butt first, said ouch, saw the board coming, shoulder hit, helmet rides up a little, head hits board. Most of the impact was already absorbed by his arse. He needed to be helped off by a trainer holding his pants. Been there myself, that isn't a head injury unless his head is up his arse. There is also a good chance his neck was tweaked. Either way he should be fine to go.

I stand by my first diagnosis. No head injury or he would not have flown with the team. He hurt his butt. He is fine. He is rested and ready to go. I don't have a clue where the concussion news came from. It was never mentioned by the team. Just the media. He landed butt first, said ouch, saw the board coming, shoulder hit, helmet rides up a little, head hits board. Most of the impact was already absorbed by his arse. He needed to be helped off by a trainer holding his pants. Been there myself, that isn't a head injury unless his head is up his arse. There is also a good chance his neck was tweaked. Either way he should be fine to go.

I really hope your right

Patch practicing on the first PP wave at practice this morning. He's wearing a regular practice jersey, but no contact drills yet. He's also wearing a slightly tinted visor.

Guest Stogey24

Patch practicing on the first PP wave at practice this morning. He's wearing a regular practice jersey, but no contact drills yet. He's also wearing a slightly tinted visor.

Really? I wonder why

Practicing today with the team in full gear. No doubt in my mind that Pax will be dressed and play Wednesday night against the Sens. Good, because we will need all we have got to win against the hottest team in the NHL. It won't be easy.

Ya, that's what I was thinking. That's a little worrisome

Honestly, when it comes to concussions? Just hope he isn't being pushed early. Brain injuries are 100% unpredictable. Pacioretty might not need it at all but the Montreal doctors insisted. Or he is having headaches from light and the visor cuts down on it. There's no way to know until we know. Better to not spend too much time thinking about the details.

Honestly, when it comes to concussions? Just hope he isn't being pushed early. Brain injuries are 100% unpredictable. Pacioretty might not need it at all but the Montreal doctors insisted. Or he is having headaches from light and the visor cuts down on it. There's no way to know until we know. Better to not spend too much time thinking about the details.

Couldn't agree more. If he is pushing himself despite a concussion, I will be bloody pissed both at him and - especially - the Habs for letting it happen. Hockey really needs to get over this dinosaur culture of treating concussions as analogous to a minor body injury that you can "play through." I'd rather lose the series than see MaxPac suffer permanent damage. All that said, we don't, ultimately, know squat about his condition, so - as you say - best not to get too worked up.

Guest Stogey24

Senators forward Clarke MacArthur took to wearing a similar tinted visor when he returned recently from a concussion, saying the lights bothered him on the ice. Pacioretty said there was no such concern for him, it was purely aesthetic.

From NHL.com

"He would not confirm that he suffered a concussion, although he wore a tinted visor in practice. That is normally a sign of sensitivity to light, which hints at a concussion, even if Pacioretty said he only wore it to look cool.

"At this point of the year, I have an obligation to say I have an upper-body injury," he said. "Obviously, you don't want to give anybody a competitive edge by telling anybody what it is.

"I have an upper-body injury, but I feel really good."

Coach Michel Therrien said Pacioretty has responded well to treatment but could not confirm he will be ready for the series opener.

"We'll use him when he's ready, whether that's Wednesday, Friday (Game 2), Sunday (Game 3 in Ottawa). We don't know when," said Therrien."