Injury news

Commandant

Pax won't be playing against the Wings. Whatever the seriousness of his injury, this is the sensible thing to do. It would make no sense at this point to let him play, even if he had the green light from the doctors.

Pax won't be playing against the Wings. Whatever the seriousness of his injury, this is the sensible thing to do. It would make no sense at this point to let him play, even if he had the green light from the doctors.

I want Pacioretty, Price and Markov sitting against Toronto regardless of their health.

• Upvote 1

I want Pacioretty, Price and Markov sitting against Toronto regardless of their health.

I would add Subban to that list... give Pateryn and Weaver a game to work off the rust

Who's Weaver?

Ha ha, Stogey!

I almost forgot about the little guy...

I hope they rest anyone and everyone they can vs Leafs, I hate that final reg season game vs them every year.

Guest Stogey24

Ha ha, Stogey!I almost forgot about the little guy...I hope they rest anyone and everyone they can vs Leafs, I hate that final reg season game vs them every year.

The last game he was in he played a bit in the first, then sat on the bench the rest of the game. Weaver is a heart and sole guy, but he's pretty much done in the NHL

The last game he was in he played a bit in the first, then sat on the bench the rest of the game. Weaver is a heart and sole guy, but he's pretty much done in the NHL

Yeah he kinda took the cube's place, and has pretty much come to the same point. I wish him the best in his future.

Pax won't play the next two games. He will be ready for the playoffs.

May be ready for the playoffs. Therrien said there's a possibility he will play next week. He'll be evaluated again after the weekend.

Guest Stogey24

May be ready for the playoffs. Therrien said there's a possibility he will play next week. He'll be evaluated again after the weekend.

Therrien basically has to say that. No way they're showing their cards before playoffs. Pacioretty's injury will be the best kept secrete

Therrien basically has to say that. No way they're showing their cards before playoffs. Pacioretty's injury will be the best kept secrete

Plus the NHL lets teams treat players without intervention so even if Pacioretty wasn't 100% he'd be allowed to play. If anyone really thinks Patrick Kane is gonna be 100% when he skates for the Blackhawks in the playoffs, you're naive.

But we don't know what Patches' injury is, right? 'Upper body' could include a brain injury, i.e., concussion. If it is, I'm not sure we can prognosticate with much confidence one way or the other.

And as for Machine's point, Max had BETTER not play unless fully recovered, if it is indeed a concussion. He is too important to the team's long-term plans to be put at risk of Crosby-like 'lost seasons' due to multiple concussions.

But we don't know what Patches' injury is, right? 'Upper body' could include a brain injury, i.e., concussion. If it is, I'm not sure we can prognosticate with much confidence one way or the other.

And as for Machine's point, Max had BETTER not play unless fully recovered, if it is indeed a concussion. He is too important to the team's long-term plans to be put at risk of Crosby-like 'lost seasons' due to multiple concussions.

Yeah give patches all the rest he needs, there is absolutely no point in him playing now. I would have like to have seen him get the 40 but the cup is bigger.

Yes we must remember that if injured and you go to theater, you are faking, no doubt about it. Fait accompli

Not sure what means, but sounds pretty fancy!

Guest Stogey24

Yes we must remember that if injured and you go to theater, you are faking, no doubt about it. Fait accompli

I'm pretty sure he posted something on facebook about going to the theatre too