Injury news

Commandant

I think management knew it was a lost year before we started, and if Price's knee acted up, he was to be shut down for the season.

A "see what happens first" thing, where nobody but Price, Berg and MT, and the doctors knew what was up... that would explain a lot about management's actions this year wouldn't it?

:ph34r:

I think management knew it was a lost year before we started, and if Price's knee acted up, he was to be shut down for the season.

A "see what happens first" thing, where nobody but Price, Berg and MT, and the doctors knew what was up... that would explain a lot about management's actions this year wouldn't it?

If they did know, it is inexcusable that they traded for a bum like Scrivens. They should have picked up a real goalie

Tough break for Carr, he's done for the year (or at least the 2nd round of the playoffs) - http://www.habsworld.net/2016/01/daniel-carr-out-for-the-season/

Playoffs??? you think this sorry bunch is going to be in the playoffs???

Playoffs??? you think this sorry bunch is going to be in the playoffs???

Nowhere in that sentence did I say that I think they will or won't make the postseason. He's out for the rest of the regular season and based on the three month timeline, he'd be ready for the second round. Whether or not they get to that point remains to be seen (certainly looking doubtful at this time) but the fact is that three months from now lines up with Round 2, regardless of whether Montreal is there or not.

Will this team win 24 wins of next 32 to make the playoffs? .750 win percentage, Its not going to happen, even if PRICE comes back tomorrow and is 100% healthy.

Unfortunate, but this team lacks the TOP 6 forwards all has talked about.

The MB habit of bringing in grinders in Bottom 6 hasn't helped, in fact hindered development of young prospects.

To trade for a TOP 6, this team doesn't have the assets to do so, unless one gives up, one of the top 5 players, thus creating another hole.

Any trade would have to include the 2016 1st round, which looks more and more like a High lottery pick.

One of the Finnish wingers, Mathews ( we all wish), or Tkachuk...?

Drouin, is a gamble, but if he hasn't shown himself now,, look at his AHL stats? any better than the current top prospects with the team?

The woes on PP, lack of Top 6 talent, your top players getting older and not producing, Injuries, all has lead this to a non Playoff team.

The concern is, if a trade is made to make this team a playoff team, and lose in first round or 2, ( but those are extra home playoff games and added revenue)

So is this team built to make the playoffs, or to win a cup?

Right now, it appears that off season high draft picks ( don't trade them), get the right prospects, keep adding to the depth, look at the FA market, get everyone healthy, review coaching ( wish the requirement of speaking French wasn't there) and look forward to the 2016/17 season

BUT .750 win percentage under current conditions to make the playoffs isn't realistic. if anything at trade deadline Habs are sellers

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

Anyone who believe this sorry-ass bunch of insipid, chance-blowing schmucks is a credible threat to make the playoffs is smoking some quality stuff. I want some.

Your not a Belieber?

Anyone who believe this sorry-ass bunch of insipid, chance-blowing schmucks is a credible threat to make the playoffs is smoking some quality stuff. I want some.

Even the High quality stuff doesn't make me believe they can make the playoffs... :ph34r::surrender:

Where does this need to win 24 games come from?

Recent years..100 points gets you in playoffs..Habs have 52 points..24 wins gives you that 100 points..

22 or 23 wins..falls short..may or may not get you. Regardless they have to win over 70% of their games..

On pace for 85pts and from the last couple months play it seems is absolutely zero hope they will all of a sudden start winning and go deep into the playoffs.

(sitting at 27.6% chance of making playoffs)

Sens turned it around last year, but bounced in the 1st round.

Recent years..100 points gets you in playoffs..Habs have 52 points..24 wins gives you that 100 points..

22 or 23 wins..falls short..may or may not get you. Regardless they have to win over 70% of their games..

Last year 99 points was the bottom playoff team, which is the most for the bottom playoff team in NHL history.... You've never needed 100 points to make the playoffs.

2014 - 93 was enough

2013 - lockout so we won't use that number

2012 - 92

2011 - 93

and on and on....

So I'm still Not sure where this 100 came from

Last year 99 points was the bottom playoff team, which is the most for the bottom playoff team in NHL history.... You've never needed 100 points to make the playoffs.

2014 - 93 was enough

2013 - lockout so we won't use that number

2012 - 92

2011 - 93

and on and on....

So I'm still Not sure where this 100 came from

Saying 100 points gets the team there!, 22 or 23 wins ( 96 points may get us there- highly unlikely it would with 7 teams competing for 2 wild card spots) ...that is all. The point is this team is highly unlikely to win 70%+ wins rest of way..

SINCE DECEMBER 2nd they have 11 points!!, the next worst team has 23 points,

They are amongst 7 teams, competing for 2 WILDCARD SPOTS...And looking at standings and best guess: those 2 teams need to hit that 99/100 points. Right now Boston and Pittsburgh, just need 21 WINS out of 33, and 22 wins out of 34, and gets them in PLAYOFFS

ANY other team to surpass them for those 2 wild cards:

NEW JERSEY

CAROLINA

OTTAWA

PHILADELPHIA

MONTREAL

Montreal has 32 games left, to any of these teams, need 24 wins to surpass the others. ..This year, figuring 99 points for the wild cards..

of these 7 teams, 2 will hit that.

I'm not saying they will make the playoffs... i want to tank.

I'm saying the threshold HAS NEVER BEEN 100 points. Not in any NHL season ever.

And figuring 99 points is still guessing high when people doing statistical models have the threshold at 95 or 96 depending who you look at.

Yes its an educated guess. Agreed.

We all agree , the odds are slim they make it.

The concern is if MB pulls trigger short term, to make push into playoffs for the sake of a few HOME PLAYOFF dates.

As it stands, " tanking" I don't see them in top 5 lottery pick.. I see them in that 8 to 12 pick...

The standouts in this draft are in the TOP 5

Does MB go to Tampa and offer their first for DROUIN? who knows..

Well, thats all will say on this topic here under injuries, as getting off the " Injury" thread topic.

And well yes, INJURIES have put this team in this situation, NO Price injury, and this team is a playoff team, but still not a contender yet.

I don't think we'll finish in the bottom 5 league-wide. But I do want to see us be sellers at the deadline. This team needs a retooling (not a rebuild) and I don't want to go into 2016-17 relying on the same old putzes.

We are currently sitting at the 11th pick......

Yes its an educated guess. Agreed.

We all agree , the odds are slim they make it.

The concern is if MB pulls trigger short term, to make push into playoffs for the sake of a few HOME PLAYOFF dates.

As it stands, " tanking" I don't see them in top 5 lottery pick.. I see them in that 8 to 12 pick...

The standouts in this draft are in the TOP 5

Does MB go to Tampa and offer their first for DROUIN? who knows..

Well, thats all will say on this topic here under injuries, as getting off the " Injury" thread topic.

And well yes, INJURIES have put this team in this situation, NO Price injury, and this team is a playoff team, but still not a contender yet.

First... The standouts in this draft is about 7 deep not 5.

Matthews

gap

Laine

Pulijarvi

Tkachuk

Chychryn

Juolevi

Nylander

There is another solid group with guys like McLeod, Gauthier, etc... starting around 8.

As for being 8-12 with tanking.... we are 11th right now. Another month like the last two and we'll be knocking on the top 5 door before the deadline even gets here.

You forgot Tcachuk, he will be a top 5 pick, I think he'll be really good

I did, my bad as I wrote Matthews twice.... the second matthews should have been Matthew Tkachuk who will likely be ranked 4th in my february draft ranks.

It's not a problem.

Think the habs will be a top 5 pick (or whatever deal was struck with the nhl for the scott trade to land #1)

I would be happy with Tcachuk, Mathews or either finn