Injury news

Commandant

:rofl: I can't remember the last time I was happy to hear about a Habs player being injured. Le Genius will probably need antidepressants just to make it to the rink for the next game...I'm sure the thought of not having DD in the lineup has him questioning his will to live.

The last time it was even suggested as a good thing was a potential knee injury to Francis Bouillon. I believe this was when Therrien was playing him on the powerplay.

Lessio appears to be all but ready to return and Smith-Pelly sat last night. They don't need to pull anyone up.

I suggest we give some of the veteran leaders on this club some nights off and get some young blood in here.

Ya know like maybe they could get the Kane flu or something. Sit the bustards. We ain't going no where, maybe some of them need to be pissed off. Let em eat hot dogs. Suspend them for impersonating a Montreal Canadien.

Jays Doctor Jason Smith examines Carey Price videos on sportsnet.

On Initial Video (November 25th)

- looks like an MCL injury

- forward or Dman could play with a brace... but not a butterfly goalie

Timeline

- MCL can heal and generally does heal in time without surgery

- Now should start to question if there is more than just the simple MCL injury, if its MCL plus something else?

Surgery

- MCL usually heals on its own without surgery. This is normal to go this long (3-4 months), but now still going and still no equipment there needs to be questions if surgery is needed and if something else is hurt (cartilage).

Shut Him Down

- I'm glad i don't have to make that decision, its tough call, but I would shut him down.

Jays Doctor Jason Smith examines Carey Price videos on sportsnet.
On Initial Video (November 25th)
- looks like an MCL injury
- forward or Dman could play with a brace... but not a butterfly goalie
Timeline
- MCL can heal and generally does heal in time without surgery
- Now should start to question if there is more than just the simple MCL injury, if its MCL plus something else?
Surgery
- MCL usually heals on its own without surgery. This is normal to go this long (3-4 months), but now still going and still no equipment there needs to be questions if surgery is needed and if something else is hurt (cartilage).
Shut Him Down
- I'm glad i don't have to make that decision, its tough call, but I would shut him down.

Interesting - thanks for that.

Desharnais out 3 weeks with a fractured foot.

That takes him out past the trade deadline, no?

Edit: 10 days away! Desharnais can't even get injured at a good time. Our 1st line centre will be back by Pacioretty's side soon enough.

Guest Stogey24

Edit: 10 days away! Desharnais can't even get injured at a good time. Our 1st line centre will be back by Pacioretty's side soon enough.

Nobody wants Desharnais anyways

You can trade injured players. Montreal did that with Theodore years ago. The acquiring team merely has to waive the physical.

because DD sucks, he could waived and no one would take.

Your #1 center playing with your #1 scorer most of the year has like 26 points. Spends half his night on his butt and is terrible defensively.

Don't get me started on his PP stats.

Why would you believe that? Plekanec is out for all important situations, plays vs the toughest competition and plays more on the PP also.

So obviously Therrien thinks of Tomas as his go to guy, not lil Davie. But the critics like to complain and it sound better to make crap up to fit the whine.

why not?

He's not as bad as people claim... he's a third liner.

As a third liner with term remaining on his deal... $3.5 million is extremely expensive.

This summer we are gonna see with a flat cap that the stars like Stamkos, Ladd, Yandle, etc... they will get paid, but there will be a ton of 3rd and fourth liners on the market and they'll be getting 1 and 2 year deals at about a million per. When there is a cap crunch, itst that middle class of player who is gonna see their contracts squeezed.

Players of similar value to desharnais who are ufas will be 1/3rd the price.

• Upvote 1

Had DD put up numbers comparable to his career norms this season, he would be tradeable.

Since he has been utterly execrable after his hot start, no team in their right minds would take him and his fat contract.

I think he's going down in the annals as one of those players whose game mysteriously evaporated mid-career. Kind of like a bargain-basement version of Gomez.

The last time it was even suggested as a good thing was a potential knee injury to Francis Bouillon. I believe this was when Therrien was playing him on the powerplay.

CUBISTS UNITE!!!

I just basically tried to point form transcribe it as he was talking.

Thanks.. I'm heartened.

I'm not happy about the injury. Desharnais in the top-6 is central to our tank job.

That's pretty funny. Mean.. .but funny., :nuts:

Tanking and trading players seems to be a real challenge for MB and company. At least they kept Weise out.

Showcasing players like Fleishman is just dumb, everyone knows what the vets will bring, scoring one more goal isn't going to change that.

MB needs to start making moves now.