Injury news

Commandant

Tanking and trading players seems to be a real challenge for MB and company. At least they kept Weise out.

Other than the Leafs, the selling deals haven't happened yet and you can't keep everybody out of the lineup between now and then; you still have to dress a full lineup.

Guest Stogey24

Other than the Leafs, the selling deals haven't happened yet and you can't keep everybody out of the lineup between now and then; you still have to dress a full lineup.

I'd keep Weise out tho, if possible.

It's a complicated situation. We have been seeing Petry look like he's playing with an injury for a while now and he probably should have went for this sooner. But had he done that, Bergevin might have traded for a blueliner to replace him. In the end it probably worked out for the best.

Yes kinda lucky they are not in contention at the moment.

You can play through hernia, until you cant, so whether he should of had surgery sooner is 100% speculation and have hind sight also.

Just more proof that this season was destined to be a write-off. Thank goodness MB never lifted a finger to try to save the ship, short term. It'd have been like patching the Titanic.

Yes kinda lucky they are not in contention at the moment.

You can play through hernia, until you cant, so whether he should of had surgery sooner is 100% speculation and have hind sight also.

Yeah a hernia just gets worse , if you continue to play, not impossible but forking painful.

Speaking of playing through injuries, it sounds like Gilbert was doing so as well, his problem from the other night was the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak. If true, if the last issue not happened and they had been able to move him, that really would have mitigated his value since trades are contingent on physicals and Gilbert's knee issue would have come up then.

Speaking of playing through injuries, it sounds like Gilbert was doing so as well, his problem from the other night was the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak. If true, if the last issue not happened and they had been able to move him, that really would have mitigated his value since trades are contingent on physicals and Gilbert's knee issue would have come up then.

Ya know as much as I have criticized him, he is not that bad so let's see what happens next year.

Oh I forgot FLAME ON

If Gilbert were to sign for around 1 to 1.4 mil he could be a pretty useful 3rd pair guy at a good price. I think it depends on how Pateryn plays the rest of the season. If there's any doubt that Pateryn can be a regular next season, it might be a good idea to bring Gilbert back as insurance (Unless there is a better, cheaper option in the UFA market).

Oh for fork's sake say it ain't true. We have no room on this team for an elite world class goalie, THIS year.

It's good news. I wouldn't mind him getting into a couple of games before the end of the year. That way, there's no lingering doubts over the offseason.

Beaulieu out for 2-3 weeks, will Ellis get the call-up?

They'll call a d-man up after the St. John's game tonight. I have to think he'll be the one to get the nod.

It's good news. I wouldn't mind him getting into a couple of games before the end of the year. That way, there's no lingering doubts over the offseason.

I do not want to see him go down again. We do not win anything without Carey. Shut him down.

I do not want to see him go down again. We do not win anything without Carey. Shut him down.

There are dangers both ways. If he is shut down and actually needs surgery, they won't find out until next season. If he tests it this season and it needs surgery, he can play next season.

There are dangers both ways. If he is shut down and actually needs surgery, they won't find out until next season. If he tests it this season and it needs surgery, he can play next season.

Actually if they have a real DR. they already know and have known for some time. Not under any circumstances should they risk losing him.

Exactly. You have to test the muscle at some point. I'd rather it happen now and get any possible uncertainties (or yips, even) out of the way now when it's not going to matter much. I'm not saying give him nine games out of ten to finish the season here but a couple of games in April isn't a bad thing. If it turns out it hasn't healed and that surgery is needed, then he can have it and be ready for next year. I'd rather find that out now than in September and the only real way to find that out is to play him a little bit if he eventually is ready to come back this year.