Injury news

Commandant

10 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Gallagher is with the team on the road trip. 

Therrien says he won't play either game, but is close to a return. 

Be interesting to see if he can salvage his season with a strong run down the stretch. His invisible play even when healthy was one of the few really disconcerting aspects of the Habs' season so far.

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Be interesting to see if he can salvage his season with a strong run down the stretch. His invisible play even when healthy was one of the few really disconcerting aspects of the Habs' season so far.

I think his value will be limited.  I don't know if he'll be able to grip a stick at full strength and shoot a puck as hard as he needs to before next season. There is rehab to be done even after he is cleared to return. That said, he doesn't need to shoot that hard for the majority of his goals which are getting to the front of the net and getting tip ins and rebounds. 

1 hour ago, Dalhabs said:

Is Hudon ready for a callup soon?

He's healthy now and has been for a bit so in theory, he's ready.  With Gallagher expected to be back after the bye week though, there may not be a spot for Hudon for now.

23 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Gallagher won't play tonight but may play tomorrow against Boston.  I don't see the point in having him play tomorrow considering he's way ahead of schedule, let him have the bye week to get closer to fully healing.

Great point, but it probably reflects what seems to be standard NHL practice, i.e., putting players in the lineup the minute they declare themselves ready, irrespective of other considerations (such as whether they might actually be ready, etc.).

18 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Great point, but it probably reflects what seems to be standard NHL practice, i.e., putting players in the lineup the minute they declare themselves ready, irrespective of other considerations (such as whether they might actually be ready, etc.).

Much ado about nothing.

Gallagher comes back as he did at outdoor game, who cares if he has to ice his hand down afterwards.

Whether a player 'plays through' an injury, or player & medical staff declare he is fit to play again, so be it. 

1 hour ago, DON said:

Much ado about nothing.

Gallagher comes back as he did at outdoor game, who cares if he has to ice his hand down afterwards.

Whether a player 'plays through' an injury, or player & medical staff declare he is fit to play again, so be it. 

That is all well and good but if he injures that hand again tonite, I for one will be pissed.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Much ado about nothing.

I agree, but the likeliest outcome is that he struggles for a while until his hand is finally properly healed up. That used to happen to Cammalleri all the time...he'd light it up, get hurt for a few games, come back too soon, and go through 10 games of uselessness because he wasn't properly healed up. It used to drive me crazy.

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Radulov said it wasn't from P.k's shot.

Plekanec was also absent from practice today. 

I'd suggest that he's covering up the thruth then...

1 hour ago, DON said:

What is he covering up Joe?

:)  The truth.  Too many "h" in there...

My bet is that his injury is coming 100% from that shot he took from Subban.

11 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

:)  The truth.  Too many "h" in there...

My bet is that his injury is coming 100% from that shot he took from Subban.

Why would he care or lie?

1 hour ago, DON said:

Why would he care or lie?

Same reason as why they use "LBI" and "UBI".

I mean,  he took that shot, went down, got up, did not skate that well after during the NSH game and missed the next 2 games...

10 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

Same reason as why they use "LBI" and "UBI".

I mean,  he took that shot, went down, got up, did not skate that well after during the NSH game and missed the next 2 games...

Didn't notice, but they already said was LBI, so what difference would it make? But, also never saw him deny it, so maybe was joking? Anyways, not a big deal, just seems bit odd is all. 

1 hour ago, DON said:

Didn't notice, but they already said was LBI, so what difference would it make? But, also never saw him deny it, so maybe was joking? Anyways, not a big deal, just seems bit odd is all. 

It makes a difference.

LBI = Lower Body injury... could be anywhere from the waist down.

Confirming its from the slapshot, confirms the exact location of the injury if other teams want to target it with slashes, hooks, etc.... 

11 hours ago, Commandant said:

It makes a difference.

LBI = Lower Body injury... could be anywhere from the waist down.

Confirming its from the slapshot, confirms the exact location of the injury if other teams want to target it with slashes, hooks, etc.... 

Touché.