2012 NHL Entry Draft talk

Commandant

Less time (but still 3 and 3/4 NHL seasons) as JFJ got an extra year chronologically due to lockout.

Playoffs = JFJ 1 year 1 series win, Burke = 0

Bottom 10 finishes Burke 4, JFJ 1

Bottom 5 finish Burke 1 (maybe 2), JFJ 0

Worst finish  Burke 29th, JFJ 23rd (the season he did 3/4 and was fired)

Less time (but still 3 and 3/4 NHL seasons) as JFJ got an extra year chronologically due to lockout.

Playoffs = JFJ 1 year 1 series win, Burke = 0

Bottom 10 finishes Burke 4, JFJ 1

Bottom 5 finish Burke 1 (maybe 2), JFJ 0

Worst finish Burke 29th, JFJ 23rd (the season he did 3/4 and was fired)

And Burke pre traded that pick away.

And Burke pre traded that pick away.

Yup, meanwhile Fletcher took JFJs best pick (8th) was traded to the isles with a 2nd and 3rd for 5th overall (Schenn)

However JFJ traded 13th overall (lars eller) to san jose along with a 2nd rounder for Toskala and Bell. San Jose then flipped with St. Lou to get Couture.

Calgary's drafting was absolutely horrible under Button and anyone who gives up #1 picks plus for toskala has to have his head examined.

Button and JFJ both sucked as GMs but were great scouts.

Button was a scout for the stars since 1988, and the head amateur scout in Dallas from 1992-1998

The list of players drafted in those years he is given credit for includes a bunch of all-stars

Derian Hatcher,

Jere Lehtinen,

Jamie Langenbrunner,

Marty Turco,

Jarome Iginla

Brenden Morrow.

JFJ had a successful role in St. Louis before he got the Leafs job

Calgary's drafting was absolutely horrible under Button and anyone who gives up #1 picks plus for toskala has to have his head examined.

How many games do you think Button personally scouted while GM of Calgary. I doubt he was travelling all over doing the scouting. This is why Timmins and his staff is so essential the GM isnt superhuman and can't attend all the OHL, WHL, QMJHL, NCAA, USHS, European, etc... games necessary. This is more an indictment of Calgary's scouts than Button.

As for JFJ he wanted to build through the draft but Peddie and MLSE told him to make the playoffs quickly and deal away picks and prospects for Toskala, Raycroft etc.... Too much meddling ownership in his years. Which is why Burke said he needed to be President and GM and have total control or he wouldnt take the job.

Galchenyuk confirmed back tomorrow night.

He'll be on Sportsnet Friday night vs Jarred Tinordi and the London Knights.

I wonder if Tinordi will let him finish the game :P

Minnosota and toronto are sinking fast - not so good for us. I think we are better then both.

Not with the schedule they have..

oh and here's the schedule

Tbay

ott

bos

isles

devils

rags

carolina

philly

buffalo

buffalo

tampa

mtl

doesnt look any harder than anyone else

Only 2 division leaders, 5 total games vs playoff teams in 12 games

Montreal has 2 division leaders and 7 games vs playoff teams left

There biggest issue was and is that they have no goaltending - turned out Reimer wasn't the second coming of Johnny bower like Burke snd leafs fan thought. Since Carlyle was hired, looks like Lupol is playing like he has an axe to grind with Carlyle from his days in Anaheim.

oh and here's the schedule

Tbay

ott

bos

isles

devils

rags

carolina

philly

buffalo

buffalo

tampa

mtl

doesnt look any harder than anyone else

Only 2 division leaders, 5 total games vs playoff teams in 12 games

Montreal has 2 division leaders and 7 games vs playoff teams left

Lupul got hurt in Carlyle's 2nd game, not sure how he's supposed to be playing poorly when he dislocated his shoulder and hasnt been playing

Agree they have no goaltending but they still will go on a run. Its what they do.

I don't watch Leafs games but have down most of the past two weeks in the GTA. The radio guys in Toronto were playing this up while I was there.

Lupul got hurt in Carlyle's 2nd game, not sure how he's supposed to be playing poorly when he dislocated his shoulder and hasnt been playing

Agree they have no goaltending but they still will go on a run. Its what they do.

I want this guy

Yup, he should be a super pick, see how he does this week and then in playoffs. Whomever the Habs end up taking should be a quality prospect, even if slip to 6th or 7th pick (worst case i am betting).

He literally has Prototype Trevor Timmins pick written all over him.

If he's healthy and on the board, Timmins will be all over it.

I'm pretty sure he'll be 2nd on our list

After Yak I suppose?