2012 NHL Entry Draft talk

Commandant

Hope the Ducks come back to beat the Bruins.

I hope Florida passes em before the playoffs.

I'd love to see NJ knock em out in the first round!

I don't think Ottawa has it in em.

I hope Florida passes em before the playoffs.

I'd love to see NJ knock em out in the first round!

I don't think Ottawa has it in em.

Ottawa is a tough chippy team. I don't expect the broons will be as healthy in round 2 if they face Ottawa. I am cheering for ottawa hard in the playoffs. Ottawa and Buffalo are two division teams that I really like and respect.

If we end up with the number one pick via the lottery, I think we need to draft Yak. I know we want that big center, but the more I see the more I think Yak is the only true sure thing. I have heard mixed reviews on the two Gs and frankly, we could use a Cammy replacement anyway. One way or another, we need to get one more guy via trade, either the center or the winger.

If we don't get the number one, then I would go for the best big russian center left.

If we end up with the number one pick via the lottery, I think we need to draft Yak. I know we want that big center, but the more I see the more I think Yak is the only true sure thing. I have heard mixed reviews on the two Gs and frankly, we could use a Cammy replacement anyway. One way or another, we need to get one more guy via trade, either the center or the winger.

If we don't get the number one, then I would go for the best big russian center left.

And by best I assume you mean only? Galchenyuk is American. ;)

Most people who want Galchenyuk seem to be subscribers to the 'desperately need a big center' theory, but I think a lot of people are overlooking the fact that he is only 6'1. I know he is supposed to be good, but is he he THAT much better than Leblanc? If we want that elusive big center with top line potential, it's Grigerenko or bust. If we can't select him, I would rather go after Forsberg and then Murray, Dumba or Trouba.

<p>

If we get first overall, you draft Yakupov.  No questions asked.  Even if we still had Cammalleri you draft Yakupov.

Absolutely, Yakupov's awesome. If rumors are true and Columbus would trade down cause they dont like Yakupov you make them an offer if they win the lottery.

Some NHL scouting mock drafts.

http://www.nhl.com/i...ge.htm?id=78958

http://www.nhl.com/i...ge.htm?id=78957

(Both say us picking Grigorenko, interesting difference is the placement of Galchenyuk)

Western scout is making the same mistake many made a while back when Brett Connolly was out for the whole season and people assumed he'd fall out of the Top 20.

EDIT: Actually this guy is out to lunch on a lot of choices. Only one he made I like was Philly picking a D.

Western scout is making the same mistake many made a while back when Brett Connolly was out for the whole season and people assumed he'd fall out of the Top 20.

EDIT: Actually this guy is out to lunch on a lot of choices.  Only one he made I like was Philly picking a D.

The funny thing is Morgan Reilly has basically the same injury and he has him #7 to the Leafs. I get that he drops Galchenyuk due to the injury concern but how is Reilly top 10?

Tampa passes TO though.

I dont want us to pass the Leafs but I dont really care where they finish outside of that. They play Carolina tonight, lets hope for OT.

Other games to watch, Isles @ Pittsburgh, Rangers @ Minny and Tampa @ Boston.

Oilers as well. I highly suspect they will take a defenseman at number 2, but it would be nice to not have to worry about it. Also, 29th would help our lottery chances and give us more to work with if it's at all possible to trade up to 1#.