Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Seems very popular to trade whole bunch of mediocre stuff from Habs for top quality player from other team.

Would be nice if happened that way, but will likely be more painful than that to get top six upgrade.

Like a Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, 1st picks, Gallagher, Scherbak, McCarron, or Beaulieu.

But as usual, seems most as saying Bergevin MUST pull off a deal and it must be earth shattering...or he isn't doing a good job, nor does he realize 'cup window' is closing fast and cant be patient. :bonk:

Seems very popular to trade whole bunch of mediocre stuff from Habs for top quality player from other team.

Would be nice if happened that way, but will likely be more painful than that to get top six upgrade.

Like a Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, 1st picks, Gallagher, Scherbak, McCarron, or Beaulieu.

But as usual, seems most as saying Bergevin MUST pull off a deal and it must be earth shattering...or he isn't doing a good job, nor does he realize 'cup window' is closing fast and cant be patient. :bonk:

the fact you in include pacioretty is a joke.... pacioretty is arguably the biggest trading chip forward in the league right now... his size, speed, production, defensive ability and scoring ability coupled with his salary makes him"the guy" in any deal. do you know what a team would have to give up to get pacioretty in a deal.... he would clearly be the biggest piece in that deal. would you do malkin for pacioretty straight up? i wouldn't!! because they both have similar impact just one is younger and paid less then half the amount!

we need help at Center now.... not years from now.... but next season. we need scoring help now... not in 3 years from now...

thorton or staal is very very ideal and exactly what we need.

Thornton goes where he wants to go. He isn't coming to Montreal. Never said good things about the franchise.

Eric Staal is still the face of the Hurricanes. He isn't being moved for cheap and again, he controls his destiny.

If we had to upgrade at center and go after an available centerman, my target is Ryan O'Reilly. Never goes to the penalty box, plays hard, passion every shift, decent on the dot, 24 years old. He's a free agent after this season and Colorado doesn't look like they'll have the funds to re-sign him with Nathan Mackinnon and Tyson Barrie to re-sign. I'd give up a very nice package to bring him in and re-sign him this summer at $7M (The Paul Stastny contract).

If the Avs let me talk to him and he agreed to a new deal? Emelin, Scherbak and a 1st easily.

to get better we need to add... bringing in oreilly or anyone in this type of deal will not make us better next season by subtracting plex. we need to add to plex.

rather give up an extra pick and ship deharnais.

DD, emeilin and 2nd/3rd or 1st - R. O'reilly (UFA next season and will not be back in COL)

Guest Stogey24

Thornton goes where he wants to go. He isn't coming to Montreal. Never said good things about the franchise.

Eric Staal is still the face of the Hurricanes. He isn't being moved for cheap and again, he controls his destiny.

If we had to upgrade at center and go after an available centerman, my target is Ryan O'Reilly. Never goes to the penalty box, plays hard, passion every shift, decent on the dot, 24 years old. He's a free agent after this season and Colorado doesn't look like they'll have the funds to re-sign him with Nathan Mackinnon and Tyson Barrie to re-sign. I'd give up a very nice package to bring him in and re-sign him this summer at $7M (The Paul Stastny contract).

If the Avs let me talk to him and he agreed to a new deal? Emelin, Scherbak and a 1st easily.

Your going to trade our top prospect and a first for a guy who has hit 20 goal mark once in his career; and then be willing to pay him 7 million.

Your going to trade our top prospect and a first for a guy who has hit 20 goal mark once in his career; and then be willing to pay him 7 million.

Yes, because Ryan O'Reilly is a phenomenal two way player who stays out of the box and makes things happen. His "20 mark once" was 28 goals. He's played six seasons. He fires the puck like a maniac and is an excellent powerplay player (Colorado sucked on the PP in 14-15 but it wasn't his fault).

O'Reilly is everything we need. The only criticism would be, "He's not right handed." He'd fit our system like new skin.

Emelin, Scherbak & 1st wouldn't get it done.

A #4/5 d-man, 28goal scoring junior & late 1st pick for a highly coveted young centre.

What is in it for Sakic? Besides a quick firing?

Again, thinking can bundle up mediocre stuff for top quality player. Not gonna happen.

You want a good top six player upgrade it is gonna cost, think of what you don't want to trade and that is a good start; Gallagher, Beaulieu, McCarron, Scherbak and of course Pacioretty is a trade option, wouldn't go so far as Subban/Price, but everything else is up for grabs.

IF, you are looking for that "big" trade.

Guest Stogey24

It's funny how people don't put Max in the same category as P.K and Carey. He is second to only Corey Perry in 5 on 5 goals in the past two years. This team is in serious shit without him.

Here's one from left field:

Are there any players in the KHL that we can convince to come over? I don't mean the Kovalchuk's or Radulov's (although that would be nice! ) I mean players that we can conceivably acquire without spending a fortune...and more importantly, players that can fit right in on the top 6. I highly doubt any NHL GM will grant us this wish, so how about the KHL?

Here's one from left field:

Are there any players in the KHL that we can convince to come over? I don't mean the Kovalchuk's or Radulov's (although that would be nice! ) I mean players that we can conceivably acquire without spending a fortune...and more importantly, players that can fit right in on the top 6. I highly doubt any NHL GM will grant us this wish, so how about the KHL?

Viktor Tikhonov plans to leave the KHL for the NHL this summer. The thought is he could be a 2nd liner (I have my doubts personally though). He won't be cheap, however. Alex Burmistrov wants to come back but Winnipeg still holds his rights. After that, you're looking at people who would be bottom six guys (such as Sergei Plotnikov).

Viktor Tikhonov plans to leave the KHL for the NHL this summer. The thought is he could be a 2nd liner (I have my doubts personally though). He won't be cheap, however. Alex Burmistrov wants to come back but Winnipeg still holds his rights. After that, you're looking at people who would be bottom six guys (such as Sergei Plotnikov).

ARTYUHKIN

Slim pickings eh? might as well kick the tires for proven nhl top 6 guys..if the price is right, swing the deal. I personally like Nik Bjugstadt, and would trade Pleks, Emelin, Andrighetto and a 1st

Bjugstadt is 'liked' by vast majority of hockey fans/coaches/GMs.

An he would darn good in a Hab jersey!

Again, think Galchenyuk & 1st likely would be needed... at a minimum, maybe need to toss in Beaulieu or Gallagher also.

ARTYUHKIN

That name brings back memories. Lots of people wanted him just because of his size. He actually is a free agent out there although he has all of nine goals the past three years combined. That offensive upside people wanted to see never materialized.

AG, hmmmm.........yeah go for it. Cats have Barkov, so Bjugstadt may be had

Florida just signed Bjugstad to a long-term deal a few months ago. He's part of the long-term plans. If you want a young Florida C, Vincent Trocheck I think may be on the block.

LECAVALIERRRR?!!!!!! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA For cripe sakes are you mental? The organization is going forward, are you TRYING to throw us in reverse?!! Maybe just throw a spudwrench into our spokes instead?! Lecavalier hasn't done squat in ohhhhh let's say 7-8 years? I'm joking Robinson, welcome to the forum..and beware, it's a tough crowd here bud :thumbs_up:

to get better we need to add... bringing in oreilly or anyone in this type of deal will not make us better next season by subtracting plex. we need to add to plex.

rather give up an extra pick and ship deharnais.

DD, emeilin and 2nd/3rd or 1st - R. O'reilly (UFA next season and will not be back in COL)

I'd rather ship DD than Plex too...but...why on earth would the Avs want DD? He's useless.

• Upvote 1