Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Guest Stogey24

Fine give them a Reway or something as a throw in and trade Eller elsewhere in a subsequent move to bolster the team.

If Eller is moved, a player with size needs to be brought in. Drouin is another smurf Edited by Stogey24

If Eller is moved, a player with size needs to be brought in. Drouin is another smurf

Smurfs scored 4/5 goals at the winter classic against those big bad bruins.

Skill is skill.... there is no substitute for it.

Give me the team with skill and I'll be just fine....

P.S. Drouin is 5'11... or the same height as Sidney Crosby, would you say no to crosby too, cause he's a smurf?

Hey, Bergevin called, told me we were gonna trade Lars Eller for Johnny Gaudreau. I told him to reject the deal since you said you wanted size to replace Lars.

Drouin is 5" taller than Gaudreau and 3" shorter than Max Pacioretty/Lars Eller....

He's literally closer to Eller than he is to Gaudreau.

but he's 5'11" so thats a shrimp.... 6'0" though would be average height.

Guest Stogey24

Hey, Bergevin called, told me we were gonna trade Lars Eller for Johnny Gaudreau. I told him to reject the deal since you said you wanted size to replace Lars.

Let's be realistic here

Smurfs scored 4/5 goals at the winter classic against those big bad bruins.

Skill is skill.... there is no substitute for it.

Give me the team with skill and I'll be just fine....

P.S. Drouin is 5'11... or the same height as Sidney Crosby, would you say no to crosby too, cause he's a smurf?

Drouin is 5" taller than Gaudreau and 3" shorter than Max Pacioretty/Lars Eller....

He's literally closer to Eller than he is to Gaudreau.

but he's 5'11" so thats a shrimp.... 6'0" though would be average height.

You seem to pull these bizarre comparisons out? Completely irrelevant

Smurf may not have been the right word to use, but he's not a big guy.

You pull out these bizarre considerations... who cares if he's not big, as long as he's better than the player he replaces.

The 2013 Chicago Blackhawks were the second smallest team in the NHL, didn't stop them from winning the cup.

Talent wins....

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

You pull out these bizarre considerations... who cares if he's not big, as long as he's better than the player he replaces.

The 2013 Chicago Blackhawks were the second smallest team in the NHL, didn't stop them from winning the cup.

Talent wins....

lol, ok bud. Let's not get carried away here.

There needs to be balance in a line up. Chicago had a star calibre roster with depth to follow

I would take Drouin but I expect TB will have a lot better options than trading with Montreal. I don't want to resurrect the size doesn't matter debate but we have plenty of smaller than 5'11" guys we could ship the other way.

Tinordi for Rychel makes a ton of sense for both teams....

It doesn't make sense when you are relying on Emelin to be a decent defenseman. Tinordi is as good as Emelin, and has more tools.

Rychel sucks.

It doesn't make sense when you are relying on Emelin to be a decent defenseman. Tinordi is as good as Emelin, and has more tools.

Rychel sucks.

Tinordi sucks too... hence why he's played 2 games this year.

I'd let both Emelin and Tinordi go.

lol, ok bud. Let's not get carried away here.

There needs to be balance in a line up. Chicago had a star calibre roster with depth to follow

Chicago had talent.

You need Talent... not balance.

Who cares how many Doug Murrays or Jarred Tinordis or Lars Ellers or other guys you have if they can't play.

If you get size with talent, all the better..... but we shouldn't be worried about trading away guys with limited talent just because they have size. I don't think Lars Eller's size is something that the team is going to miss when you've added a much more skilled player to the top 6 instead of him.

If Lars actually played top six (and wasnt the 218th forward in icetime) you might have a point.

A big reason for that is Therrien splits time between the 2nd and 3rd line, with whomever playing with Galchenyuk getting no DZone starts (which was the complaint on his lack of scoring last year that he was only getting DZone starts).

My biggest problem with Therrien right now is the fact that Galchenyuk is supposed to be our second line centre and his ES minutes always end up identical to whomever is centering our third line (Desharnais usually, Plekanec at times) when he should be averaging at least a minute, average two ES minutes more than the third line centre.

Maybe Therrien is doing the right thing by spreading the ES minutes out but I really think Galchenyuk needs the best offensive weapons on his line and to receive a significant chunk of our ES icetime. I'm fine with the Patch/Plek/Gally line getting the most ES minutes, but the Galchenyuk line needs to be closer to that line than the third line.

Guest Stogey24

I want Drouin, don't get me wrong. I just know what happens come playoff time, and as this team stands, I don't think we'll survive the grind losing any more size.

DD,Plek,Mitchell, Flynn, Gallagher, Andrighetto... Like can you afford to keep adding guys who barely crack 6'0 and are 185lbs?

I'm trying to start a size argument. I'm just saying you can't get carried away with these smaller guys. You need players who can create space and soften up the defense too.

I want Drouin, don't get me wrong. I just know what happens come playoff time, and as this team stands, I don't think we'll survive the grind losing any more size.

DD,Plek,Mitchell, Flynn, Gallagher, Andrighetto... Like can you afford to keep adding guys who barely crack 6'0 and are 185lbs?

I'm trying to start a size argument. I'm just saying you can't get carried away with these smaller guys. You need players who can create space and soften up the defense too.

the average NHL height is 6'0 so no I'm not worried about adding guys who are 5'11

Flynn is 6'1, not sure why you include him.

Andrighetto won't be on the team if we are healthy... he's a callup (And the team could just as easily go with someone bigger if they want) so not sure why you include him either.

Mitchell is 5'11 and 195 lbs, again not exactly small.... not sure why he's included either.

Mitchell is every bit as tough as Eller. It must be his salary and his newness that people don't recognize that Torrey Mitchell can provide everything Eller does with a right handed shot.

Mitchell has a better PPG this season, their faceoff percentage is near identical, Eller hits at 1.4 per game while Mitchell is a 1.2. Mitchell might not have as much height and weight but he's feistier. Seriously, Eller has little advantage over Mitchell on anything other than we know what player Mitchell is and people think Eller has more in him. That's it.

Flynn was solid for us last playoffs. Ghetto is soft on the puck, I'll give you that. Guys like Gallagher and Byron I don't worry about, might be small but are tough as nails.

If Lars actually played top six (and wasnt the 218th forward in icetime) you might have a point.

He's getting a high percentage of zone starts, and playing with some of our top offensive players.

He's still basically the same PPG of guys ike Paul Byron and Torrey Mitchell (guys who get much worse zone starts, worse linemates, and less minutes).

He shouldn't be playing LW on a line that is being utilized as a scoring unit based on deployment.

Bottom line; Mitchell 7.9g/82gms vs Larry 13.6g/82

What do Habs need more of...secondary scoring and guys who can actually score.

Got zero issue with Mitchell as 4th liner, but not looking to him to score much.

Guest Stogey24

Because they're all at the smaller end of the spectrum and they're apparently our "role" players. Yay, Flynn is 6'1, when was the last time he threw a hit? Him and Michell both get run over more than any other players on the team. Your missing my point here obviously.

I know your a big fan of the smaller players. I've seen your posts about the prospects in the system.

Actually I think you are the one missing the point.

I'm not a fan of smaller players, I'm a fan of skilled players.

I like Scherbak, and he's not a smaller player at all. But he's skilled.

Thats what i look at..... Skill.... not size.

Got zero issue with Mitchell as 4th liner, but not looking to him to score much.

2 things.

1) Why not include assists?

2) 14 goals is not near enough and needs to be replaced by someone better in the top 6.

No one is saying that Mitchell can replace Eller in the top 6. What we are saying is that when your 2nd line LW is barely outscoring (PPG) your fourth line centre; you need a better 2nd line LW and he's not getting the job done.

• Upvote 1

Wait, you thought my point was for Mitchell to be in the top six? No no no, my point is that Mitchell can replace Eller in the bottom six. And has.

Eller is right now trying to pretend being a top nine LW and is failing miserably despite Galchenyuk putting up points. Daniel Carr has proven already he can hang with Galchenyuk unlike Eller.

We can get rid of Eller and find a real scoring option and it won't hurt this roster one bit to not have him around, even if the guy we bring in is under 200lbs.

Wait, you thought my point was for Mitchell to be in the top six? No no no, my point is that Mitchell can replace Eller in the bottom six. And has.

Eller is right now trying to pretend being a top nine LW and is failing miserably despite Galchenyuk putting up points. Daniel Carr has proven already he can hang with Galchenyuk unlike Eller.

We can get rid of Eller and find a real scoring option and it won't hurt this roster one bit to not have him around, even if the guy we bring in is under 200lbs.

2nd line LW = Martin Reway... small and super skilled... a stereo typical hab... lol

get er done MB

Drouin would be a nice add, but for the right price. I'm always concerned when Montreal is trading for a player that has yet to realize his potential. The Habs would be trading for potential here and that's something that you don't want to overpay for. Drouin isn't a top 6 forward yet, and he may never get there. Chances are that he will be a productive NHLer, but there is always risk involved with acquiring young players that haven't fully developed. My guess is that the Lightning are going to want the same return for Drouin as they would for a legit top 6 forward.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't doubt Roy and the Avs have called Yzerman about Drouin by now, McKinnon and Drouin could be lethal in their top 6...

I really doubt The Habs have a shot at him.

Let's be realistic here

You seem to pull these bizarre comparisons out? Completely irrelevant

Smurf may not have been the right word to use, but he's not a big guy.

He is not big but he is not a smurf. Gallagher is a smurf and the great pumkin knows we don't want him on this team. I mean what use is he? SARCASM