Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

That's because he sucks. He has a good shot and he adores it. If it doesn't score he mopes after. There ain't a player in this league I am going to be as vocal about to stay away from as I am Rychel. He knows it too.

I've seen him on the fourth line a couple of times this year and he didn't look too good. Sometimes a one-trick pony can make it on his shot alone but Rychel isn't going to be that guy.

Rychel-Tinordi = junk for junk. The really interesting scenario is Galchenyuk or Johansen. That would tempt Columbus, I believe.

According to Friedman, the Blue Jackets "don't trust Johansen". If it's that bad, they'd definitely take him for Galchenyuk.

Even with all of the scratches and criticism of his work ethic, he has 22 points.

The wrench in such a swap is that Johansen has one more year and then he's RFA and he has to receive a QO over $6M. Chuck's is a lot lower. That said, Johansen has proven a lot more, is a bit bigger and has a right handed shot. If it cost a throw in like Tinordi I'd do it for sure. Then again I've been crazy high on RyJo since he was drafted. I think he's top 3 in the 2010 draft (behind Seguin and Tarasenko but ahead of Hall)

Rychel-Tinordi = junk for junk. The really interesting scenario is Galchenyuk or Johansen. That would tempt Columbus, I believe.

According to Friedman, the Blue Jackets "don't trust Johansen". If it's that bad, they'd definitely take him for Galchenyuk.

Even with all of the scratches and criticism of his work ethic, he has 22 points.

The wrench in such a swap is that Johansen has one more year and then he's RFA and he has to receive a QO over $6M. Chuck's is a lot lower. That said, Johansen has proven a lot more, is a bit bigger and has a right handed shot. If it cost a throw in like Tinordi I'd do it for sure. Then again I've been crazy high on RyJo since he was drafted. I think he's top 3 in the 2010 draft (behind Seguin and Tarasenko but ahead of Hall)

I think "crazy" is the operative word here, MolG as in Bergevin would be crazy to deal Galchenuk for Johanson. Why? Gally is younger, cheaper and as I see it has much higher upside. I would have no problem acquiring RJ, but not at that price. Johansen has proven more because he is older. Gally is still developing his phenomenal talent. This proposed deal has the potential for disaster.

I think "crazy" is the operative word here, MolG as in Bergevin would be crazy to deal Galchenuk for Johanson. Why? Gally is younger, cheaper and as I see it has much higher upside. I would have no problem acquiring RJ, but not at that price. Johansen has proven more because he is older. Gally is still developing his phenomenal talent. This proposed deal has the potential for disaster.

We don't know yet if Galchenyuk is a 'phenomenal talent'. So far he hasn't shown enough. Johansen has already scored 30 goals and 70 points, things that we're hoping Galchenyuk will one day do.

We don't know yet if Galchenyuk is a 'phenomenal talent'. So far he hasn't shown enough. Johansen has already scored 30 goals and 70 points, things that we're hoping Galchenyuk will one day do.

I tend to agree. It's far from clear that Galchenyuk will ever do more than what Johansen has already done. The 'character' issues around Johansen are another question, one I don't know much about.

I tend to agree. It's far from clear that Galchenyuk will ever do more than what Johansen has already done. The 'character' issues around Johansen are another question, one I don't know much about.

He's being accused of being lazy or having bad work ethic off the ice. When he was scratched, he practiced on the ice for 90 minutes. He had a health issue (irregular heart beat) that nobody got into detail about but it was around the first time Torts benched him.

This all while having 22 points in 30 games.

Guest Stogey24

I'd rather have Staal if Carolina would retain some salary. He wouldn't be cheap either, but atleast your bringing in a big Canadian leader who brings it in the playoffs. He's definitely on the decline though...

St isn't in decline, he already has significantly declined and I wouldn't give up anything more than a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him. I'd rather have Johansson, but would not want to give up Galchenyuk for hum.

I'd rather have Staal if Carolina would retain some salary. He wouldn't be cheap either, but atleast your bringing in a big Canadian leader who brings it in the playoffs. He's definitely on the decline though...

Guest Stogey24

St isn't in decline, he already has significantly declined and I wouldn't give up anything more than a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him. I'd rather have Johansson, but would not want to give up Galchenyuk for hum.

That's the reason I'd rather have Staal. The asking price isn't going to be Chucky +.

A seguin type deal would be Pleks and Weisse, or pleks and hudon. I'd do either of this deal without blinking.

Given there needs, they will want a dman. Pleks, Gilbert and Tinordi.

That might be the asking price today.

However if Columbus is really deperate they aren't going to get a similar player in return. they are gonna end up with a Seguin like deal.

No they want at least one top guality player, if not Galchenyuk then Beaulieu for starters, not a older #2 centreman + crap.

(and am sure Davidson's advisors have pointed to the Segain deal as a comparable of sorts)

Would moving Beaulieu up to #1 pairing & 22+minutes possibly be a bit of showcasing him for a winger or big centre?

(or just Therrien 100% trying to win next game?)

Would moving Beaulieu up to #1 pairing & 22+minutes possibly be a bit of showcasing him for a winger or big centre?

(or just Therrien 100% trying to win next game?)

I am of the belief that Therrien has full reign and makes decisions based on winning the current hockey game.

I am of the belief that Therrien has full reign and makes decisions based on winning the current hockey game.

That is exactly what MT and MB have said...

Agreed--- I see 30 other teams lining up to get Johansen if he becomes available--- the numbers he has put up---- that type of guy is rarely available--- teams would look at the numbers and overlook shortcomings--- Columbus will get a decent return from somebody--- IMHO Galchenyuk would not be enough

A seguin type deal would be Pleks and Weisse, or pleks and hudon. I'd do either of this deal without blinking.

Given there needs, they will want a dman. Pleks, Gilbert and Tinordi.

There's a pretty big difference between the values of Weise and Hudon.

As for your other proposal, Columbus is pretty tight to the cap. They couldn't take anywhere near that much salary on.

Johansen has had some off the ice issues in regards to conditioning, but on the ice there is no question that he is better and more proven than Galchenyuk. The question is how much will Galchenyuk progress and will Johansen regress because of his apparent lack of desire. As much as I hate Torts, he's not the first coach to have issues with Johansen's "compete level," since he spent time in the minors to start the season a few years ago after shockingly not making the team out of camp.