Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

I agree MoLG, Scherbak seems rather frail and prior to his injuries, he hadn't done much in St John's either. That may be a sweetener I'd throw in at deadline time.

I wouldn't be down on his lack of production in the AHL. He's one of the youngest players in the league. Expectations were way too high for him going in.

He is 19 and has a whooping 9 AHL games under his belt, not playing at 100% not big minutes I don't think neither.

How many 18-19yr olds last year had 30+ goals in the WHL?
Scherbak was tied for 14th in WHL scoring, which was fine.

When he was 'on' he looked like Galchenyuk-clone out there and dominated, but still lacks consistency and defensive awareness (which shouldn't be a surprise for a teenager).

He is 19 and has a whooping 9 AHL games under his belt, not playing at 100% not big minutes I don't think neither.

How many 18-19yr olds last year had 30+ goals in the WHL?

Scherbak was tied for 14th in WHL scoring, which was fine.

When he was 'on' he looked like Galchenyuk-clone out there and dominated, but still lacks consistency and defensive awareness (which shouldn't be a surprise for a teenager).

Maybe for some, but this was me at the 2015 Rookie Tournament camp:

http://forums.habsworld.net/index.php?showtopic=25190&page=3#entry539490

If you really want me to count all the guys who were 18-19 with 30+ goals in the WHL last year:

- Rourke Chartier (18, 48 goals)

- Tyson Baille (18, 37 goals)

- Chase Witala (19, 38 goals)

- Cole Ully (19, 34 goals)

- Adam Tambellini (19, 47 goals)

- Connor Rankin (19, 32 goals)

- Cole Sanford (19, 50 goals)

- Luke Philp (18, 30 goals)

- Jaedon Deschaneau (19, 34 goals)

- Brett Pollock (18, 32 goals)

- Tim McGauley (19, 42 goals)

- Rihards Bukarts (18, 33 goals)

- Jayce Hawyruk (18, 30 goals)

- Nolan Patrick (16, 30 goals)

- Adam Brooks (18, 30 goals)

- Jake DeBrusk (17, 42 goals)

- Colby Cave (19, 35 goals)

- Brayden Point (18, 38 goals)

- Reid Gardiner (18, 34 goals)

- Oliver Bjorkstrand (19, 63 goals)

- Chase de Leo (19, 39 goals)

- Paul Bittner (17, 34 goals)

- Ryan Gropp (17, 30 goals)

- Adam Helewka (19, 44 goals)

I agree that his 50 assists were very impressive. He's a very good prospect. But he's not a future Galchenyuk and he's certainly not a prospect we wait for.

Well I guess there were lots, I never looked, thanks for that correction.

And I also pointed to goal total when some were getting overly excited about Scherbak...HOWEVER, who said he was a saviour and how can you say not a prospect worth waiting for, when he is a young rookie pro? Juulsen, Lehkonen, Reway are worth waiting for but Scherbak isn't...or how does that work?

Mad Mikey Milbury operated like that also I think (see Chara, Luongo). :nuts:

Well I guess there were lots, I never looked, thanks for that correction.

And I also pointed to goal total when some were getting overly excited about Scherbak...HOWEVER, who said he was a saviour and how can you say not a prospect worth waiting for, when he is a young rookie pro? Juulsen, Lehkonen, Reway are worth waiting for but Scherbak isn't...or how does that work?

Mad Mikey Milbury operated like that also I think (see Chara, Luongo). :nuts:

The question asked was if we should hold off on our Stanley Cup window for Scherbak to develop. As in, wait for Price, Pacioretty and Galchenyuk to need their next contracts before making a run because Scherbak might develop into a top six guy.

Gossip has it that Big Buff was offered for Harmonic straight up and the islanders declined. Could we pry Harmonic away with the goal of ending up with BB? We move him back to forward on the short term?

But, but, but dude... we simply cannot listen to your ideas, because your "favorite Hab" listed, is O'Byrne. ;)

Gossip has it that Big Buff was offered for Harmonic straight up and the islanders declined. Could we pry Harmonic away with the goal of ending up with BB? We move him back to forward on the short term?

Buff is a #2 defenceman (top pairing) or a third line forward. Why would we want to pay the price (expensive) to acquire him, and then use him at the position where he has way less value.

We aren't a fit for Buff, we don't need a RHD, and he costs top pairing d value and we'd use him in a position he just isn't as good at.

If you are gonna pay for a forward with size out of Winnipeg, why not just go after Ladd?

Buff is a #2 defenceman (top pairing) or a third line forward. Why would we want to pay the price (expensive) to acquire him, and then use him at the position where he has way less value.

We aren't a fit for Buff, we don't need a RHD, and he costs top pairing d value and we'd use him in a position he just isn't as good at.

If you are gonna pay for a forward with size out of Winnipeg, why not just go after Ladd?

Ladd isn't available to my knowledge. I am not sure he is a third line RW on the Montreal Canadiens right now given that Gallagher is out. I would believe he would add some goal net presence from the right side. I know the power play is going pretty well this year, but guys like him and Burns have been suggested when the powerplay wasn't clicking. Given Buffs flexibity, i don't think his contract is outrageous. Expensive yeah--- obviously something would have to be go the other way

Ladd isn't available to my knowledge. I am not sure he is a third line RW on the Montreal Canadiens right now given that Gallagher is out. I would believe he would add some goal net presence from the right side. I know the power play is going pretty well this year, but guys like him and Burns have been suggested when the powerplay wasn't clicking. Given Buffs flexibity, i don't think his contract is outrageous. Expensive yeah--- obviously something would have to be go the other way

I'm just going to assume nobody is available in Winnipeg since the last time they traded a roster player, they got Tyler Myers back. Unless we want to give up a Tyler Myers type player, Winnipeg ain't trading. They just don't do picks and prospects.

The Islanders most likely declined because DB is an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season while Harmonic, while not as high profile, is a minute-eating defenseman signed to a multi-year cap friendly deal. Not even Milbury...no one except Milbury at his worst would be dumb enough to make that deal. The only way we end up with Buff is if Chevaldeyov has to make a last minute, desperation move at the trade deadline (like Snow with Vanek), but I think the odds of that happening are slim to none.

The Islanders most likely declined because DB is an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season while Harmonic, while not as high profile, is a minute-eating defenseman signed to a multi-year cap friendly deal. Not even Milbury...no one except Milbury at his worst would be dumb enough to make that deal. The only way we end up with Buff is if Chevaldeyov has to make a last minute, desperation move at the trade deadline (like Snow with Vanek), but I think the odds of that happening are slim to none.

Basically it's all about grinding Winnipeg down to accept Hamonic for Trouba.

I'm just going to assume nobody is available in Winnipeg since the last time they traded a roster player, they got Tyler Myers back. Unless we want to give up a Tyler Myers type player, Winnipeg ain't trading. They just don't do picks and prospects.

i just put it out there because it seemed that Buff might be available. Our package would have to be acceptable to the Islanders not Winnipeg. Commandant makes a good point that Buff isn't exactly a good fit and would be expensive. I think rosters can be changed and I value his flexibility for one. That's just me.

i just put it out there because it seemed that Buff might be available. Our package would have to be acceptable to the Islanders not Winnipeg. Commandant makes a good point that Buff isn't exactly a good fit and would be expensive. I think rosters can be changed and I value his flexibility for one. That's just me.

I've always liked Big Buff (aside from how he treated Evander Kane) much like I've always liked Brent Burns.

Dude-- you are not in a very good place if you have issues with somebody else's preferences

Yeah, clearly I am the one with issues(a bad place), you with O'Byrne as your favorite Hab, and you take a joke like a swimmer takes an anchor.

Just an "un updated account status joke man"... was in a humorous mood this am, maybe you could chill out some?

Clearly not with some people. Clearly I was joking as indicated by the ;)

I don't need to come here and read this to get pissed off that's for sure....

• Upvote 1

Burns is the guy who is a better fwd than d but the sharks insist on his playng defence. Id take him in a second.

And i would takr buff on our team to play rw. My issue is the cost. The jets will value him (and expect the return equivalrnt to) the value of a top line d. Meanwhile in our lineup hes a depth forward not a top d.

It's not that i dont like him. Its that im not sure we are a fit as trade partners. He has more value to others (who would play hin on d) than he has to us.

• 3 weeks later...