Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Guest Stogey24

I just want to be rid of Eller and Emelin.

7.6 million of cap space on two useless players.

I have zero doubt Tinordi can bring exactly what Emelin brings, plus he's cheaper and has the ability to stand up for teammates.

Maybe the whole reason Tinordi is getting a look is because M.B is asking Emelin to waive his NTC?

Maybe the whole reason Tinordi is getting a look is because M.B is asking Emelin to waive his NTC?

My guess is Therrien is down on Pateryn right now after his brutal giveaway that cost them the Detroit game. He hasn't played since then so that opened a spot for Tinordi. If we're theorizing about Tinordi's ice time being tied to a trade, I'd suggest it's that there's a team interested in Tinordi that wanted to see him in NHL action more than Bergevin hoping Emelin might waive his no-trade.

Guest Stogey24

My guess is Therrien is down on Pateryn right now after his brutal giveaway that cost them the Detroit game. He hasn't played since then so that opened a spot for Tinordi. If we're theorizing about Tinordi's ice time being tied to a trade, I'd suggest it's that there's a team interested in Tinordi that wanted to see him in NHL action more than Bergevin hoping Emelin might waive his no-trade.

I know Dlbalr, but a guy can dream.

Emelin wouldn't want to go to any of the teams that can even absorb his contract. That's another reason why I hate the NTC, it hurts the lesser market teams

Colombus GM always been high on Eller, he drafted him back in St-Louis days. Tortorella likes defense that hit and block shots = Emelin.

My christmast wish goes to shred those cap space eaters.

If it could bring a decent comeback, like Johansen who never really fitted there...i know, impossible...but imagine Johansen and Galchenyuk, top

two centers...

Well... what about

Eller

Emelin

Habs 2017 1st

Fucale

for

Johansen

2018 2nd pick

+ a throw in for cap purpose...

Would you take a comparable offer like that for Galchenyuk? I certainly wouldn't. The most valuable piece in that offer is the 1st round pick which is likely to be in the 20's; that can't be the best part going back for a young, top six C with top line potential.

By the way, the throw-in to make the cap hit work this year would have to be Rene Bourque...

Would you take a comparable offer like that for Galchenyuk? I certainly wouldn't. The most valuable piece in that offer is the 1st round pick which is likely to be in the 20's; that can't be the best part going back for a young, top six C with top line potential.

By the way, the throw-in to make the cap hit work this year would have to be Rene Bourque...

haha. I wouldn't mind Rene Bourque. I miss yelling LAC LA BICHE at the Bell Centre.

Thing is, we're not gonna give Galchenyuk or Gallager for a top 6 forward. We're doomed.

All our players that could interest other teams have some kind of a NTC or a heavy contract.

All our players that we, here, would like to give away seems to be worthless for other teams.

Now, I already posted about this, but what do you guys think would notch us a top 6 forward or even a true #1 Centre ?

I stand with what I said a few weeks ago : that the only way would be a Joe Thornton type of deal where quantity would overcome quality.

Has to include DD or Plekanec (return wise).

Has to include 2017 1st round pick, maybe even 2018 as well.

Has to include Scherbak. Probably Tinordi as well.

Has to include one of Eller or Emelin (cap wise).

May include any other player on the team as well as all our prospects not named Juulsen or McCarron.

Cuz we're not trading Galchenyuk or Gallagher. We're not trading Pax, Subban and Price.

Hope we're not trading Beaulieu, Juulsen or McCarron (would be more inclined to deal McCarron or Juulsen than Beaulieu).

So, is there any other or better way to grab a bonafided offensive player without losing too much ?

I just don't see the upside of grabing a Johansen for Galchenyuk. We would just not achieve the goal here : to improve the roster.

• Upvote 1

Problem: We don't score enough goals.

Solution: Trade the guy who scores more goals for us than anyone else.

don't forget also the newly appointed captain, has one of the best contracts in the league, and plays in all situations.

sarcasm aside, Max is so far off my list of trade bait it makes me chuckle still, everytime i see a post suggesting it.

I may be wrong-headed, but it seems to me you don't trade away core pieces during a slump that amounts to a crazy aberration - especially not when the team seems to be doing just fine on most metrics (possession, SOG, high-quality chances, etc.). This is precisely the wrong time to reach conclusions about your players or the team as a whole, except, maybe, conclusions about their character and leadership qualities, since it's in adversity that these things come to the fore.

Structurally - that is, looking at the team on paper, forgetting about how it is doing in this or that week of the season - the team has only one real need: a top-6 RW. I don't even think this mystery player has to be elite or a big name. It just has to be a guy with a legit top-6 profile. A Michael Ryder equivalent would do, even. And given that the team is either a contender or close to it, you don't deal away parts of the current core to get that guy. Think in terms of prospects/picks and maybe a serviceable but inessential roster guy like Eller.

It would not surprise me at all to see, say, Vrbata in a Habs jersey by the deadline, acquired in exchange for a reasonable but not crippling return. I don't get all this Thornton/Simmonds stuff, myself, unless the other teams have lost their senses.

I may be wrong-headed, but it seems to me you don't trade away core pieces during a slump that amounts to a crazy aberration - especially not when the team seems to be doing just fine on most metrics (possession, SOG, high-quality chances, etc.). This is precisely the wrong time to reach conclusions about your players or the team as a whole, except, maybe, conclusions about their character and leadership qualities, since it's in adversity that these things come to the fore.

Structurally - that is, looking at the team on paper, forgetting about how it is doing in this or that week of the season - the team has only one real need: a top-6 RW. I don't even think this mystery player has to be elite or a big name. It just has to be a guy with a legit top-6 profile. A Michael Ryder equivalent would do, even. And given that the team is either a contender or close to it, you don't deal away parts of the current core to get that guy. Think in terms of prospects/picks and maybe a serviceable but inessential roster guy like Eller.

It would not surprise me at all to see, say, Vrbata in a Habs jersey by the deadline, acquired in exchange for a reasonable but not crippling return. I don't get all this Thornton/Simmonds stuff, myself, unless the other teams have lost their senses.

I totally agree. :thumbs_up:

I agree mostly, but I would like to see a hockey trade that gets us a useful player in the right age group that we can keep long term, that Jeff Petry type forward, a useful second line player who isn't high profile enough to break the bank, but one that is known to get the job done on a second line.

With Kassian being told not to bother reporting to St. John's 'for the time being', it's certainly safe to speculate that he may be getting dealt soon. Yes, he did clear waivers but players that do so still get traded from time to time as it allows the acquiring team to unload a contract or two the other way.

I've thrown out Khudobin for Kassian a couple of times and I still think that's a deal both sides would be interested in. Khudobin gives the Habs a bit of a goalie boost without taking away from the roster (or future assets; it's pretty clear Kassian isn't part of the plans) while Anaheim gets a big bodied reclamation project while saving a few bucks at the same time.

With Kassian being told not to bother reporting to St. John's 'for the time being', it's certainly safe to speculate that he may be getting dealt soon. Yes, he did clear waivers but players that do so still get traded from time to time as it allows the acquiring team to unload a contract or two the other way.

I've thrown out Khudobin for Kassian a couple of times and I still think that's a deal both sides would be interested in. Khudobin gives the Habs a bit of a goalie boost without taking away from the roster (or future assets; it's pretty clear Kassian isn't part of the plans) while Anaheim gets a big bodied reclamation project while saving a few bucks at the same time.

I knew we hadn't heard the last from that thread.

Yes, it makes more sense to trade off these contracts one for one instead of teams picking up problem players off waivers.

I agree mostly, but I would like to see a hockey trade that gets us a useful player in the right age group that we can keep long term, that Jeff Petry type forward, a useful second line player who isn't high profile enough to break the bank, but one that is known to get the job done on a second line.

Yeah, the optimal solution would indeed be a long-term fix with a legit second-line RW who is, say, 25-26, good for 50-60 points. Where the heck that guy comes from is another story. That's why I say the most likely outcome is someone like Vrbata. But in principle, I'm with you.

I find it odd that the Habs would move Kassian without even trying him out, considering how disastrous our RW situation is; but obviously if we can upgrade in net it will make a huge difference in getting us out of this slump.

Closer to the deadline, my guess would be a 2nd plus a small something, not entirely unlike the Petry deal. I suspect Vancouver isn't willing to move him for that at this time though.

We'll that's a coincidence, MB loves trading a 2nd plus a small something for impact players at the deadline