Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

What's the fit? I don't see one.

I can confirm from a strong source the Habs are aggressively pursuing Drouin.

as per Brian Wilde

Chat Conversation End

1]

What's the fit? I don't see one.

as per Brian Wilde

Chat Conversation End

1]

as per Brian Wilde

Chat Conversation End

1]

How is he as a source? I've never really heard him comment on rumors.

Can't imagine Therrien and Drouin. Maybe they want a native speaker to hang with Bournival.

How is he as a source? I've never really heard him comment on rumors.

Can't imagine Therrien and Drouin. Maybe they want a native speaker to hang with Bournival.

He seems to get excited about rumours more than most writers do. He typically doesn't break rumours though - not that this should really come as much of a surprise anyways. I think most would expect the Habs to pursue Drouin, regardless of the potential fit with Therrien (I agree, I think Drouin would be in the dog house before long).

He seems to get excited about rumours more than most writers do. He typically doesn't break rumours though - not that this should really come as much of a surprise anyways. I think most would expect the Habs to pursue Drouin, regardless of the potential fit with Therrien (I agree, I think Drouin would be in the dog house before long).

Maybe the kindly old coach needs a little help from his GM.

Drouin is small, entitled, injury prone, and has six career goals in eighty games. What's not to like?

5'11" is not that small.

Has 40 points in 89 games averaging about ~10 minutes a night.

Is just 20 years old.

Give me the 5'11 guy who has skill on Galchenyuk's wing over the 6'2 guy in our top 6 who doesn't score any day of the week.

5'11" is not that small.

Has 40 points in 89 games averaging about ~10 minutes a night.

Is just 20 years old.

Give me the 5'11 guy who has skill on Galchenyuk's wing over the 6'2 guy in our top 6 who doesn't score any day of the week.

If that was the trade, count me in. But I wouldn't give up a first, McCarron or Beaulieu. For all we know, those are secondary assists from playing with a high scoring team against soft competition. I don't think Galchenyuk and Drouin would have chemistry, they both dangle too much.

What I don't want to see is Montreal doing what Nashville just did. IMHO, the Preds gave up a player equal to or better than the one they got and assume all the risk that Ryan Jo's recent performance is an aberration. If I were a Preds fan I would have been happier with an additional 2nd round pick or a prospect to mitigate the risk.

While I would like to see Mtl get Drouin, I do not want to see us drastically overpay to do it.

If anyone is wondering why Bergevin has not made a move, the Preds/Bluejackets trade shows the high value on young players while the Kings trade with Philly and the Capitals signing of Richards should show how tight the market is--and how desperate some teams are--for depth players.

Personally, I don't understand the trade/signings from the Kings/ Capitals/ Predators perspective: there seems to be a whole lot of hope and optimism powering these deals.

As for Philly and the Bluejackets, they must be ecstatic.

If that was the trade, count me in. But I wouldn't give up a first, McCarron or Beaulieu. For all we know, those are secondary assists from playing with a high scoring team against soft competition. I don't think Galchenyuk and Drouin would have chemistry, they both dangle too much.

I'm not saying that is the trade.... I'm just saying that he immediately improves our top 6.

What I don't want to see is Montreal doing what Nashville just did. IMHO, the Preds gave up a player equal to or better than the one they got and assume all the risk that Ryan Jo's recent performance is an aberration. If I were a Preds fan I would have been happier with an additional 2nd round pick or a prospect to mitigate the risk.

While I would like to see Mtl get Drouin, I do not want to see us drastically overpay to do it.

If anyone is wondering why Bergevin has not made a move, the Preds/Bluejackets trade shows the high value on young players while the Kings trade with Philly and the Capitals signing of Richards should show how tight the market is--and how desperate some teams are--for depth players.

Personally, I don't understand the trade/signings from the Kings/ Capitals/ Predators perspective: there seems to be a whole lot of hope and optimism powering these deals.

As for Philly and the Bluejackets, they must be ecstatic.

Washington i understand cause its a 1 year deal, at $1,000,000 (prorated to half a season is $500k in cap hit and real money). Its pretty low risk. If he's a fourth line centre, he's worth the money (and if he plays in your top 9 its a steal) If he isn't good enough for 4th line, you send him to the AHL and its just $500,000 in cash and very little (like $50K) on the cap.

The LA deal makes no sense to me.

Washington i understand cause its a 1 year deal, at $1,000,000 (prorated to half a season is $500k in cap hit and real money). Its pretty low risk. If he's a fourth line centre, he's worth the money (and if he plays in your top 9 its a steal) If he isn't good enough for 4th line, you send him to the AHL and its just $500,000 in cash and very little (like $50K) on the cap.

I do believe you just described the Semin deal to a T.

There is absolutely zero chance that Stevie Y trades Drouin to the Habs, unless we give them Galchenyuk or Subban, and that is not going to happen. He simply will not want to be facing Drouin and Galchenyuk that many times a year. Mark down Marc needs to look elsewhere, out west, would be my suggestion and that is where most of his dealing has been.

First, prospects I can deal with. The idea of trading Galchenuyk or Subban for Drouin is so ludicrous as to be laughable.

The only question is: who do you consider to be our top 3 prospects? Mccaron? Hudon? Sherback? Do we have any "untouchables" in our prospect pool? I don't think so.

Good point. The deal makes sense in financial terms. I included Richards to emphasize that teams are so desperate for talent that a broken down, potential fourth liner with a pending drug trial still gets a shot. And it just happened to occur on the same day as the baffling LA trade and the surprising (at least to me) Preds trade of Seth Jones.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the two players in that deal but my first reaction is that the Preds are going to regret it

First, prospects I can deal with. The idea of trading Galchenuyk or Subban for Drouin is so ludicrous as to be laughable.

The only question is: who do you consider to be our top 3 prospects? Mccaron? Hudon? Sherback? Do we have any "untouchables" in our prospect pool? I don't think so.

Actually not so laughable. Drouin is a 4th overall 1st round pick, Stevie gonna be looking for value. So how many 1st round high draft picks do we have? Other then Price and Galchenyuk none.

Actually not so laughable. Drouin is a 4th overall 1st round pick, Stevie gonna be looking for value. So how many 1st round high draft picks do we have? Other then Price and Galchenyuk none.

Trading a young superstar (PK) or a rising young star (Galy) for Drouin would indeed be folly. All we'd be doing is acquiring a guy with the potential, possibly never fulfilled, to someday be as good as those guys already are. That'd be stupid GMing par excellence.

In terms of roster players, Beaulieu would be a more likely chip IMHO. And not one I'd throw in the pot, necessarily.

Trading a young superstar (PK) or a rising young star (Galy) for Drouin would indeed be folly. All we'd be doing is acquiring a guy with the potential, possibly never fulfilled, to someday be as good as those guys already are. That'd be stupid GMing par excellence.

In terms of roster players, Beaulieu would be a more likely chip IMHO. And not one I'd throw in the pot, necessarily.

I am just saying Stevie is is under no pressure to make a deal. If we think we are going to pick him up for Value Village prices, that would be totally incorrect. The other 28 gm's will be bidding high. He is a high end prospect with a bright future.

If Drouin is what Tampa thinks he is.. a floater, or too small, or lazy.. then why not trade him within the division and hope you're right. It'd be a double win. Go get some good prospects from a Division rival for a guy you think isn't going to amount to much.

If Yzerman truly believes that Drouin isn't a top 6 guy, then trade him to Montreal/Ottawa/Detroit and fleece your rivals talent pool.

If Yzerman thinks he has the potential to be a Patrick Kane type player, then you hold on to him and see what he becomes.

If Bergevin truly thought a top prospect of Montreal was going to be a bust, I'd hope he have the smarts to trade him to Tampa or Boston or Ottawa..

Eller rookie year 7g 11:08 icetime

Drouin rookie year 4g 13:14 icetime

well hope not counting on Drouin to put pucks in net. Which is what Habs need, not another young "playmaker" with attitude.

If Drouin is what Tampa thinks he is.. a floater, or too small, or lazy.. then why not trade him within the division and hope you're right. It'd be a double win. Go get some good prospects from a Division rival for a guy you think isn't going to amount to much.

If Yzerman truly believes that Drouin isn't a top 6 guy, then trade him to Montreal/Ottawa/Detroit and fleece your rivals talent pool.

If Yzerman thinks he has the potential to be a Patrick Kane type player, then you hold on to him and see what he becomes.

If Bergevin truly thought a top prospect of Montreal was going to be a bust, I'd hope he have the smarts to trade him to Tampa or Boston or Ottawa..

Why do you think Drouin is a bust? I see no evidence. He asked for a trade because he wants to play, that don't make him a bust.

Eller rookie year 7g 11:08 icetime

Drouin rookie year 4g 13:14 icetime

well hope not counting on Drouin to put pucks in net. Which is what Habs need, not another young "playmaker" with attitude.

His attitude is "I want to play"

Barberio did an interview saying he was a team player with no attitude in the AHL. I'm more likely to trust him than disgruntled Tampa fans.

I don't think he's a bust. Way too soon. I'm saying, if Tampa were to think he is a bust then they would be smart to deal him within the division.

All this talk about Yzerman not moving him within the division... Makes zero sense if they feel he's not a quality player.