Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

DD was a player whose career high at the time was 60 points

After seven NHL seasons, Eller's career high is 30 points

There was far more evidence that DD was a good player just going through a slump... than there is for Eller here. More likely is that Eller is what he is at this point a guy who scores 25 - 30 points every year, and not a real offensive talent.

You're wasting your breath...the dreamers will never surrender their fantasy of Eller being a reliably productive offensive player. It must be his 'aw shucks' demeanour - because it doesn't matter how many seasons in a row he scores at a 30-point pace, it's ALWAYS someone else's fault that he is offensively marginal for 60 games per year.

You're wasting your breath...the dreamers will never surrender their fantasy of Eller being a reliably productive offensive player. It must be his 'aw shucks' demeanour - because it doesn't matter how many seasons in a row he scores at a 30-point pace, it's ALWAYS someone else's fault that he is offensively marginal for 60 games per year.

It's so frustrating because I want to like Lars Eller. He's Danish, he'll speak his mind from time to time, good size and skill, two way, etc. Like he has a lot of qualities I want to see in a player. But he doesn't do enough with it. He's wildly inconsistent. I've said before that I would have been fine with his 30 point seasons as a third line centre if he at least had his points spread out evenly. Instead he goes hot and cold like a top sixer without the results of a top six forward. He carries the puck extremely well but doesn't do much with it. His assists are very low right now because he's rarely distributing the puck. He's just holding onto it and waiting for a shot to open up. His completed pass numbers are putrid. He rarely uses his linemates to his own advantage.

There are few players I'd want to make me eat crow more than Lars Eller, but he doesn't. He just continues to fail when asked to step up to the plate and it's always blamed on everyone except him. Finding out our GM considers trading him all the time makes me hope he gets moved more in a "poop or get off the toilet" kind of thing.

It's so frustrating because I want to like Lars Eller. He's Danish, he'll speak his mind from time to time, good size and skill, two way, etc. Like he has a lot of qualities I want to see in a player. But he doesn't do enough with it. He's wildly inconsistent. I've said before that I would have been fine with his 30 point seasons as a third line centre if he at least had his points spread out evenly. Instead he goes hot and cold like a top sixer without the results of a top six forward. He carries the puck extremely well but doesn't do much with it. His assists are very low right now because he's rarely distributing the puck. He's just holding onto it and waiting for a shot to open up. His completed pass numbers are putrid. He rarely uses his linemates to his own advantage.

There are few players I'd want to make me eat crow more than Lars Eller, but he doesn't. He just continues to fail when asked to step up to the plate and it's always blamed on everyone except him. Finding out our GM considers trading him all the time makes me hope he gets moved more in a "poop or get off the toilet" kind of thing.

I agree, I've made excuses for Eller in the past, and still like him as a player, but I don't see him the way I used to. He was all potential and that's pretty much run out. He was drafted with Subban and Pacioretty for god sake, and they are seen as top 5 (or higher) at their positions. At 3.5, he's not quite enough. wouldn't be upset with a trade

I agree with every word. It would be great if Eller proved skeptics (like me) wrong. But I've just seen too many of these kinds of players over the years - players who tease with their talent and the hope that some day they will just 'put it all together;' the Kostitsyns, Bulis, Zednik, Perezhogin, Brian Savage, etc. - to be a believer anymore. What you see with Eller is what you get. Slot him in as a bottom-6 forward who occasionally goes on a hot streak, kinda like Benoit Brunet.

If the GM trading the player i really want, won't take eller in the package... i move him in a seperate deal for some picks and free up the cap space.

I'd also make a lateral move with Anaheim and trade him for Silfverberg, another guy who is at times inconsistent but he's at least a RW.

LOL "I want to like Eller" so he should just be better? Do ya want to like Gilbert too. How about Semin and Tinordi. :rofl:

Blame your own expectations.

Larry still had the best play off of any Hab forward on the team. What does that say about everyone else come spring time when you can top Lars Ellers play off of 014?? I mean if larry could do it right............??

Poor Larry. This board just rips him to shreds.

Yep the habs would have a Stanley cup number 25 by now if not for the under achieving Lars Eller.

He gets more write ups on here than PK, Price, Gilbert, Markov and Nate put together.

Blame game. :thumbs_down:

Who we got for a back up goalie that had never played a full season as number one.

I want every player on our team that is overpayed to at least play good enough for the money. Eller doesnt.

He is not Gomez badly overpayed but I say he and Emelin are our two only overpayed players atm.

He has only had 1.5M less cap hit than Plekanec for years yet for a certain someone every flaw on this team is "Plekanic"s fault.

At the same time Pleky has been the player alot of experts wants in the Selke voting for years. When the bruins were asked who they hate most on our team they didnt say Emelin, Weise or Prust. They said Plekanec. And whatever he said to Krejci last game made us win.

Eller has value. He is not a salarydump but on this team he is taking up caproom that should be used on a productive player. Thats why I want to try and trade him.

• Upvote 2

I want every player on our team that is overpayed to at least play good enough for the money. Eller doesnt.

He is not Gomez badly overpayed but I say he and Emelin are our two only overpayed players atm.

He has only had 1.5M less cap hit than Plekanec for years yet for a certain someone every flaw on this team is "Plekanic"s fault.

At the same time Pleky has been the player alot of experts wants in the Selke voting for years. When the bruins were asked who they hate most on our team they didnt say Emelin, Weise or Prust. They said Plekanec. And whatever he said to Krejci last game made us win.

Eller has value. He is not a salarydump but on this team he is taking up caproom that should be used on a productive player. Thats why I want to try and trade him.

Exactly

But, other team's blogs at last year's trade deadline were saying Emelin's salary wasn't bad for what he brings.

So I think he is easily tradable, if he waived his clause, but not sure Therrien-Bergevin are keen on moving him or Eller? But they seem the most logical to go if looking to add a quality winger.

Lars Eller, blah, blah, blah, good or bad, meeting this board's expectations or not, I still think it would be more beneficial to move Emelin, than Lars, just from a logical depth type move, but that NTC argh...

Eller is fine on the 3rd line, and how long will it be in this cap era, that 3.5 is what you pay a 3rd line C with Lars' skill set? Mike Richard's was 4th liner, c'mon man, now that was a problem for the Kings!

Too much attention on Lars as a "problem" on this team, hell even Tom Gilbert doesn't deserve the bad rating people give him this season at least...and neither of these players have exactly been a problem.

The only problem is as usual, peoples expectations, of players, while forgetting that players role, or "should be" role.

Right now, there certainly is room on this team for Eller, and Gilbert if you look at it for real...

Lars Eller, blah, blah, blah, good or bad, meeting this board's expectations or not, I still think it would be more beneficial to move Emelin, than Lars, just from a logical depth type move, but that NTC argh...

Eller is fine on the 3rd line, and how long will it be in this cap era, that 3.5 is what you pay a 3rd line C with Lars' skill set? Mike Richard's was 4th liner, c'mon man, now that was a problem for the Kings!

Too much attention on Lars as a "problem" on this team, hell even Tom Gilbert doesn't deserve the bad rating people give him this season at least...and neither of these players have exactly been a problem.

The only problem is as usual, peoples expectations, of players, while forgetting that players role, or "should be" role.

Right now, there certainly is room on this team for Eller, and Gilbert if you look at it for real...

True. Eller is not a problem. He is just not a top-6 FW. I have no problem at all with him as a bottom-6 guy. Just don't tell me that he's being 'held back' by the coach or by management or by anything other than his own offensive mediocrity.

Now whether he is overpaid is another question. He probably is.

Why are we happy with Galchenyuk playing with a guy who "is what he is" as a third line performer? That's supposed to be our second relied upon line for scoring.

This is why I say screw chemistry and switch Flash and Eller. Give Chuck a guy who knows how to be a top six scorer.

You want Pacioretty playing on 3rd line, just to get Galchenyuk some more points?

I highly doubt Pacioretty will not play with one of two best centres on the team.

Plekanic lets kretchi slap him around and does nothing, we get a powerplay and win the game. Yep. Good memory.

Here is one around same time. Habs get trounced 6-1 by Aves. Next game Canucks are cruising to a 3-0 lead. Habs are dead in the water getting out scored 9-1 over 4 1/2 periods. Worst part of the season. Pleks and top line doing nothing. Eller scores on a rocket short handed goal. Team wakes up. Turning point of the come back win. Not one of the Eller bashers even so much as notice or comment on it. But what is still being commented on? Pleks "won the game" against Boston by being Kretchis' biotch resulting in a powerplay. :clap: Me ? I recall both plays. Both wins. One led by Pleks one led by Larry.

btw

Goals scored with a goalie in net this season

Pleks 4

Eller 6 :thumbs_up:

Yes, Eller has a good game 2 or 3 times a month... thats what he does. That doesn't make him a top 6 capable forward.

Plekanec 20

Eller 7

Why are you even arguing when Plekanec is outscoring him almost 3 to 1? Heck in another 3 weeks, Plekanec will likely have more points than Eller will score all season.

Yes, Eller has a good game 2 or 3 times a month... thats what he does. That doesn't make him a top 6 capable forward.

Plekanec 20

Eller 7

Why are you even arguing when Plekanec is outscoring him almost 3 to 1? Heck in another 3 weeks, Plekanec will likely have more points than Eller will score all season.

Tomas Plekanic on Tomas Plekanic "in the play off i played like a little girl"

Why are we happy with Galchenyuk playing with a guy who "is what he is" as a third line performer? That's supposed to be our second relied upon line for scoring.

This is why I say screw chemistry and switch Flash and Eller. Give Chuck a guy who knows how to be a top six scorer.

Ask Therrien "why". He gave Eller and Semin to Chucky.

Does Emelin have a full NTC or a partial NTC? I thought it was only a partial and the Canadiens could ask him to submit a list of x amount teams that he couldn't be dealt to. Maybe I just misread that somewhere. Ever since Capgeek.com shut down, it's been difficult to find this type of info.

Never mind. Just checked another topic on here and found the info. His partial no trade starts next season. Thanks anyway guys.

Edited by John B

Does Emelin have a full NTC or a partial NTC? I thought it was only a partial and the Canadiens could ask him to submit a list of x amount teams that he couldn't be dealt to. Maybe I just misread that somewhere. Ever since Capgeek.com shut down, it's been difficult to find this type of info.

Never mind. Just checked another topic on here and found the info. His partial no trade starts next season. Thanks anyway guys.

Thanks for that. Was not aware of the specifics.