Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

I don't know that I answer your question, but I would like to welcome you to the forum and hope that you enjoy as much as the rest of us do. I t really is the most honest and informative forum out there. Thanks to the people who run it.

You could have at least warned him about some of us... shall we say.. somewhat less than stellar contributors..or .. if not contributors.. noises then.. time wasters.. like..this! :blush:

You could have at least warned him about some of us... shall we say.. somewhat less than stellar contributors..or .. if not contributors.. noises then.. time wasters.. like..this! :blush:

Toronthab your noises are never a time waster. :halm:

So, seems some think this is "the" year to sell farm and go for deep playoff run. Of course is still 3 months till trade deadline but right now Habs sit at 99.7% of making playoffs. SOooo...should you trade whatever needs to be traded, even if will cost in long run, to land a "all-star" calibre forward?

If so do you look to do it before X-mas or wait till Feb-March?

Iginla is an interesting target, with Aves sucking bad and Jerome still producing at good rate again to start season.

So what package of picks/prospects/players would likely get it done?

So, seems some think this is "the" year to sell farm and go for deep playoff run. Of course is still 3 months till trade deadline but right now Habs sit at 99.7% of making playoffs. SOooo...should you trade whatever needs to be traded, even if will cost in long run, to land a "all-star" calibre forward?

If so do you look to do it before X-mas or wait till Feb-March?

It's a lot easier to acquire a big money player after Christmas for cap reasons. While Montreal has a good chunk of cap space, they won't be able to take on a big ticket guy without sending someone back to offset the higher salary until the new year. If the plan is to use future assets (prospects/picks) to get that final piece, they'll need to wait.

Nah the joy is in the learning. He has to do it on his own. :)

To Montreal

- Jarome Iginla

To Colorado

- Alexei Emelin

- Sven Andrighetto

- 1st Round Pick, 2016

or

To Montreal

- Jarome Iginla

To Colorado

- Lars Eller

- Jarred Tinordi

- 1st Round Pick, 2016

Wow do we need him that bad or is this simply matching salaries? It seems like a lot for a 38 year old guy, who still has some gas in the tank.

Wow do we need him that bad or is this simply matching salaries? It seems like a lot for a 38 year old guy, who still has some gas in the tank.

Iginla has scored at least 29 goals in every full season since 1998-99. That's about as proven and consistent goal scorer as you'll get out there. When you factor in that Andrighetto/Tinordi have minimal/negligible value, it's basically a roster player plus a first rounder for Iginla. It's a high price but a fair one based on his consistent production. He's not a rental player, the '2nd + a prospect' return you've seen the Habs move before won't cut it here.

The question, as some have noted already, is will he fit with Montreal's more up-tempo system? Slower players haven't fared too well in recent years, even skilled guys like Vanek or Semin.

• Upvote 2

Iginla has scored at least 29 goals in every full season since 1998-99. That's about as proven and consistent goal scorer as you'll get out there. When you factor in that Andrighetto/Tinordi have minimal/negligible value, it's basically a roster player plus a first rounder for Iginla. It's a high price but a fair one based on his consistent production. He's not a rental player, the '2nd + a prospect' return you've seen the Habs move before won't cut it here.

The question, as some have noted already, is will he fit with Montreal's more up-tempo system? Slower players haven't fared too well in recent years, even skilled guys like Vanek or Semin.

Well I guess if we aren't going to use Tinordi or Andrighetto then there is no point is stunting their careers, if they have one, and our 1st rounder is going to a lot closer to a second rounder. It just seemed pretty high at first flush. He would definitely add some grit and scoring. So maybe not as bad as I first thought.

I actually agree that it's too high a price because while we fill a hole by acquiring him we create another hole by trading away Emelin or Eller. I understand that those two are easily two of the more criticized players on our team but they are two players I like having on our team come playoff time.

For me, it's next option please.

Iginla's not a rental. He has another year left on his contract.

How do you feel about the trade? Do you think he's too slow for the squad or do you think one of the two stated deals are fair?

He had 59pts last year, has 12 in 15gms so far this year, so dosent seem like he is washed up quite yet, but that last year of contract might suck (as he has played 1407 games already in career).

How do you feel about the trade? Do you think he's too slow for the squad or do you think one of the two stated deals are fair?

As I noted earlier, both deals are appropriate value in my opinion. I'd have some reservations about his speed but I think he'd still fit in pretty well. That new second line would need to be a bit slower paced though.

Any chance a deal could me made for Ryan Strome ? Your thoughts about this guys...

I've never been a big fan of his as I don't see the #1 C potential that many thinks he has. He'll be a good #2 but I don't see him making that big step to be a top liner.

That said, I don't think the Isles can really afford to move him. Tavares is a couple of years away from free agency while Neilsen, their #2, is a free agent after this season. Strome will fill one of those holes before too long. I think the Isles just sent Strome down for a few games to light a fire under him as he didn't have a great start to the season.

MB doesn't do rentals.... like thomas vanek or jeff petry.

Like I said, MB does not do rentals period... Not at that price!! Is what I m Saying!

Vanek for sweet F all... Wanted to resign but fled to minny

Flynn for nothing resigned

Petry for peanuts resigned

Mitchell for nada resigned

Get the point

Iginla for emelin/ Eller tinordi and a 1st isn't happening as MB won't trade all those assets for a player off the books after a single season. Just my thoughts!

Also, if we resign a player we traded for they are NOT a rental! So vanek for a 2nd would be his only rental I would guess

There was no guarantee they'd resign, so in that sense they were all rentals.

That being said, I agree that the trade doesn't happen. The only deadline move I see involve draft picks, prospects and maybe one of our depth players.

Emelin and Eller aren't going anywhere during a season like this.

You're right about the peanuts part. MB will look to improve our team, not possibly create another issue by getting rid of some of our regulars, underperforming or not.