Mar. 3, Canadiens vs Bruins, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Good time for a fight from Prust.

I hope there is somehow an even up call here.

Not a whole lot happened on that 5 on 3 did it?

Ryder should be 2nd unit. He doesn't know the system yet.

The real problem is Gionta on the ice over Patch.

are the fans/p.a. announcer in Boston doing that stupid "WOO" thing after goal announcements, aping the clowns in Vancouver? :hockey:

are the fans/p.a. announcer in Boston doing that stupid "WOO" thing after goal announcements, aping the clowns in Vancouver? :hockey:

Its the PA guy with the fans yes.

It couldn't have hurt to put Dumont in for a game

The penalty summary for a moment was pretty funny. Eller had a holding penalty and apparently NHL.com confused him with Emelin as for a few minutes, the record had Chara fighting Eller 40 seconds later.

That wasn't too good of a 2nd period, that's for sure. The defence looks sloppy again while the powerplay execution...well, it's about on par with what it has been lately (not too good). Winning the odd faceoff might help the cause too.

I'm not even considering the two obvious tankers - oilers and islanders. Those franchises are so bush league, they aren't even worth mentioning.

Pretty good period overall, the Habs were a lot better in their own end (save for the goal where Subban chased the wrong guy). As for the lines, Moen and Galchenyuk seemed to flip-flop depending on the situation.

Don't forget Steve Tambellini, whose idea of building a contender literally is to do nothing productive and try to win the lottery year after year.

I'm not even considering the two obvious tankers - oilers and islanders. Those franchises are so bush league, they aren't even worth mentioning.

I'm not as tough on Snow, he has a budget of below the cap floor to work with every year. They've kept prospects up when they weren't ready solely to use the bonus cushion as an excuse to keep payroll down, that's not on him. I wouldn't call him a great GM but I wouldn't say he's terrible either. It's hard to compete with what he has to work with, Edmonton doesn't have that same excuse.

Is it just me or is it that every time the other team has a chance to score , the damn puck ends up in our own net?? While we have to work really hard to score our goals!?!?!

I'm not as tough on Snow, he has a budget of below the cap floor to work with every year. They've kept prospects up when they weren't ready solely to use the bonus cushion as an excuse to keep payroll down, that's not on him. I wouldn't call him a great GM but I wouldn't say he's terrible either. It's hard to compete with what he has to work with, Edmonton doesn't have that same excuse.

Edmonton has made one good move in the last 5 years - convincing Shultz to sign with them. The Islanders have been an embarrassment with the number of players that have refused to go there. THe way Snow has handled those situations hasn't helped the situation. I applaud Lafontaine for walking away from the franchise becuase of the owner. Snow obviously doesn't have the same principles.