Mar. 3, Canadiens vs Bruins, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

What a huge win tonight! What impresses me most about Gallagher is his hockey sense when he has the puck. His decision making is way above your typical rookie.

If he wore a Leafs' jersey he'd already be a national hero.

• Upvote 1

Therrien singles out Prust for his fight with Lucic as the game's turning point. :thumbs_up:

i'd say Chara taking himself out was the turning point.

Habs also lead the league in players with 10 or more points.

Anyone want to guess how many they have?

Hint - you can find out how many on our Twitter page where I posted that very stat this morning. :)

Speaking of Twitter, courtesy of the feed on the front page comes this from Claude Julien:

Claude Julien on MTL: "There's a lot of embellishment. This is embarrassing for our game."

https://twitter.com/CraigCustance/status/308426945983574016

I just want to point one thing out.

In the second period, when the Habs played the Bruins game, and got caught up in their B.S. Thuggery, the Bruins outscored us and took the lead.

In the third period, when we played hockey and didn't fall for their tricks. We scored 2 goals and won the game.

Thats how you beat Boston. Don't get caught playing their game. Play our game, Speed and Skill over thuggery.

The best revenge for Chara acting like a gorilla, is to beat them on the scoreboard. This loss hurts Chara more than any punch can. We are in first place and he can cry on his mom's shoulder, I wonder how crying on bigfoot's shoulder is.

agree 100%. I liked how when Subban got cross checked in front of our net and the pushing and shoving started, Subban went in and pulled our guys back. Shows a lot of maturity. We will never beat up the bruins and i'm more then happy just beating those gorilla's on the scoreboard.

If he wore a Leafs' jersey he'd already be a national hero.

Yep! Cherry would be raving about him every coach's corner and TSN would be talking about the heart of a lion this kid has.

More from Julien that I suspect many here will get a kick out of:

“The frustrating part is that you end up with 17 minutes in the penalty box when you should have been on the power play. It’s as simple as that,” Julien said.

More Julien quotes can be found here: http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2013/03/03/claude-julien-calls-out-p-k-subban-canadiens-for-embarrassing-the-game-with-embellishing/

Brad Marchand also called the Habs out (I sense a theme here...)

Marchand on Subban: "He's running scared from Horty... shows what kind of character they have there."

https://twitter.com/GlobeFluto/status/308421770111766528

More from Julien that I suspect many here will get a kick out of:

More Julien quotes can be found here: http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2013/03/03/claude-julien-calls-out-p-k-subban-canadiens-for-embarrassing-the-game-with-embellishing/

Brad Marchand also called the Habs out (I sense a theme here...)

https://twitter.com/GlobeFluto/status/308421770111766528

wow! With Marchand and Ference diving away, Julien should just shut up and take the loss like a man. Chara got what he deserved. he did INSTIGATE the fight.

Bruins were classless crosschecking guys AFTER goals and not getting called by the refs. If anything the bruins got off lucky fromt he refs. I always hated Julien as the habs coach. There was a reason why a classy guy like Lammarillo in NJ fired him. Julien is a thug and is the perfect coach for this team.
Marchand is the not the little ball of hate. He is the little pile of shit. This is the most hypocritical, whiny, classless organization in all of sports.

I can't believe the number of comments on this thread from guys saying they respect this franchise. I don't want the habs to be anything like this classless, bully organization. this is the modern version of the broadstreet bullies. For 45 minutes a night they are not playing hockey. Lucic and Chara are primates and belong in a cage. not on the ice.

Gallagher wins Rookie of the Year.

You heard it here first

Will be tough to bead Huberdeau and Tarasanko.

Conacher also came out of nowhere and is leading rookies in points, and Schultz definitely needs to be in the conversation.

wow! With Marchand and Ference diving away, Julien should just shut up and take the loss like a man. Chara got what he deserved. he did INSTIGATE the fight.

Bruins were classless crosschecking guys AFTER goals and not getting called by the refs. If anything the bruins got off lucky fromt he refs. I always hated Julien as the habs coach. There was a reason why a classy guy like Lammarillo in NJ fired him. Julien is a thug and is the perfect coach for this team.
Marchand is the not the little ball of hate. He is the little pile of shit. This is the most hypocritical, whiny, classless organization in all of sports.

I can't believe the number of comments on this thread from guys saying they respect this franchise. I don't want the habs to be anything like this classless, bully organization. this is the modern version of the broadstreet bullies. For 45 minutes a night they are not playing hockey. Lucic and Chara are primates and belong in a cage. not on the ice.

I respect the franchise, not how the 2008-2013 edition played and still play their games.

Ah, I see the narrative is now being created about the Habs being chicken divers. Mark my words, it won't be long until this gets rebroadcast by the Bruins-loving CBC dolts and becomes an 'issue' dogging our team and...and finally gets used to justify attempts to injure our guys. Just like Patches deserved to have his neck broken for the heinous sin of shoving Chara after the goal.

I don't mind the Bruins whining about it at all. Nothing goons hate more than having their goonery ignored and getting their clocks cleaned where it counts (i.e., the scoreboard). What's aggravating is the knowledge that it will go down as I just described courtesy of media ignorance and a hockey culture where playing through dirty play is considered worse than the dirty play itself.

• Upvote 1

The Bruins play dirty and then accuse their competition of being dirty to deflect any attention. They've been doing it for years. They did it to win a Stanley Cup. Eventually crying wolf all of the time catches up, which is why Brad Marchand gets next to no quarter when it comes to penalty calls. Referees don't buy his innocent schtick anymore. The same goes for Milan Lucic. Lucic got called for "attempting to hold" tonight. That's because referees are always watching him and they call him the moment he does something dirty. They will never stop crying but you don't shut them up with a fight. You shut them up on the scoreboard.

Funny thing about the Bruins...they have never, ever, ever been able to tolerate losing to the Habs like men. This kind of whining goes back to the 1960s, for heaven's sake. Somehow it's always unfair when we beat them. Somehow it's dishonourable of us to beat them. And the recipe is always the same - 'chicken,' 'pansy' Habs couldn't possibly beat Big Bad Us in a fair fight.

It's like Foreman against Ali, thugs bewildered to have their big bully asses handed to them on a plate. What's remarkable is how consistent this organizational-cultural tic has been for them across the generations.

Kaberle has looked good these two games, even when the rest of the defence have not.

When Diaz gets back, I wonder if Bouillon and Kaberle should sub out for one another every couple of games, depending on if we want more offense or defense that night.

Kaberle has looked good these two games, even when the rest of the defence have not.

When Diaz gets back, I wonder if Bouillon and Kaberle should sub out for one another every couple of games, depending on if we want more offense or defense that night.

Flipping him with Cube is probably the best idea, or icing seven D-men

Funny thing about the Bruins...they have never, ever, ever been able to tolerate losing to the Habs like men. This kind of whining goes back to the 1960s, for heaven's sake. Somehow it's always unfair when we beat them. Somehow it's dishonourable of us to beat them. And the recipe is always the same - 'chicken,' 'pansy' Habs couldn't possibly beat Big Bad Us in a fair fight.

It's like Foreman against Ali, thugs bewildered to have their big bully asses handed to them on a plate. What's remarkable is how consistent this organizational-cultural tic has been for them across the generations.

Not only that. They've never been able to tolerate any clean hard bodycheck like men. Always have to jump the guy and go to the box.

Bruins got away with a lot of crap, they did plenty of diving, and they take offense at clean hits. It always amazes me that the biggest thugs in the league are such complete babies.

Should Emelin have gotten a penalty... Probably, but what about the boarding on PK, the high stick on Pacs, the cross check to Pacs after the goal, and the cheap shot from Marchant to the face after the whistle.

They didn't lose because of the non-call against Emelin, they lost because PK showed maturity and Chara didn't.

We can gloat but they have 3 games at hand, so I won't yet. Jullien can cry all he wants and the media can say all they want. The facts will speak for themselves.

Facts

1 We started our backup, a known sieve. (he played great in the 3rd)

2 They started their #1 goalie (he looked worse than Budaj)

3 There were 2 fights, Lucic beat up Prusts helmet but took 2 short hard shots to the beak.

Chara fought a guy with a steel plate in his head, well he jumped him that is. ( now that is a manly man thing to do )

4 We won, they didn't

5 We are in first, they aren't

6 Cleanex sales in Boston went up drastically today

7 Big and bad doesn't win more than the odd cup. Count how many times a big bad team has actually done it. I come up with 3 Boston recently and the 2 old Flyers cups. Not the best way to get it done when the other 20 odd cups in that time frame went to non-goon teams. Speed and talent wins cups, toughness seldom does. That is a fact to many people miss.

Sadly, the Bruins are on a campaign to tarnish the habs as Cheap divers and it might work in upcoming games. The whining from Julien and many Bruin broadcasters is about the next game, not this one.

You know,its bad when Milbury is calling out their BS...

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/milbury-felger-debate-if-canadiens-were-embellishing

Note they never mentioned the high sticks not called against the Bruins...

agree 100%. I liked how when Subban got cross checked in front of our net and the pushing and shoving started, Subban went in and pulled our guys back. Shows a lot of maturity. We will never beat up the bruins and i'm more then happy just beating those gorilla's on the scoreboard.

Yep! Cherry would be raving about him every coach's corner and TSN would be talking about the heart of a lion this kid has.

I gotta say I was surprised when Subban, PK freaking Subban, diffused the situation when he was hit into the net. Shows the kids buys in and believes in the system and more importantly, his team. He saw they migh have gotten called and they didn't need to take a penalty right then. Great seeing PK making a mature decision.

I don't know what MT told Kaberle, but he's done something no coach has done before. Kaberle is actually shooting the puck and being semi-reliable defensively. I was actually getting frustrated at Kaberle for not passing at point of last night's game. If he's going to be in the lineup much longer, it's going to make him a tad more unpredictable with the puck as well. Gotta say, I had doubts in MT, but he's sure stomping all of those doubts.

Now I have a question. Nearly half way through the season, we're sitting at 1st in the conference. At what point do we start to seriously consider us contenders if this play continues?

Hint - you can find out how many on our Twitter page where I posted that very stat this morning. :)

Speaking of Twitter, courtesy of the feed on the front page comes this from Claude Julien:

Crying embellishment is the new way to blame refs for losing without getting fined for it. He can't live with the fact that we took over the 3rd period and the Bruins couldn't hold us off. Can't blame his team, can't blame the refs, gotta blame the other team.