7:30 EST Montreal vs. Toronto: Hopefully not a playoff preview

We don't have a very good record against the Leafs on Saturday nights. Not sure why, but the Leafs sure do put in good games against us where we are often screaming at the TV for the team to wake up.

I think the key tonight is a good start with actual goals being scored, not just domination and lots of shots. For sure, a full 60 minute effort will be needed. They are not that far behind us and if they could win in a shoot out, would be very close to us and Boston. There are no shootouts in the Playoffs, so don't sell the Leafs short. One less win then us in regulation/OT.

glad to see Price pulled. that was sad.

That's enough.. Pull Price... 3 goals in 4 shots...

Takes the rivalry so seriously he wears new pads...brutal.

I don't get how often he changes his equipment.

Why the nightmare games against these guys

That's why i'd rather avoid them in the playoffs. It just seems the team NEVER gets up for games against Toronto. On the other hand, for toronto its like a cup game.

• Upvote 1

Price was awful, but everything else has been great for Montreal this game.

Exactly. It's not the lack of intensity, the Habs are applying lots of pressure. But we have one goal from 11 shots, they have three from four shots.

can someone tell me what eller and Galchenyuk have to do to get PP time??? Gionta and DD have looked horrible.

Price 0.250 save percentage, Budaj 0.000 ... :wall:

I just don't know why Montreal is cursed against Toronto.

Can anyone remember a game between these two teams where BOTH teams played good hockey?

Unbelievable how unlucky we are whenever we play the leafs. 4 goals on 5 shots. We dominated this period 13-5 shots on goal...but of course, the hockey gods are against us whenever we play these pretenders!

I still think we could mount a comeback, but the leaves can'T score another goal. If the Leaves get a 5th goal, this one is all over!

can someone tell me what eller and Galchenyuk have to do to get PP time??? Gionta and DD have looked horrible.

Good point. THey've been our best line over the past 5 games, and still they can'T get any PP time!

I ######ing hate these saturday night games against the leaves...we almost always get embarrased!

Even though I believe we will make a comeback, I'm totally getting smashed.

Already a step ahead of you...

Unbelievable how unlucky we are whenever we play the leafs. 4 goals on 5 shots. We dominated this period 13-5 shots on goal...but of course, the hockey gods are against us whenever we play these pretenders!

I still think we could mount a comeback, but the leaves can'T score another goal. If the Leaves get a 5th goal, this one is all over!

Good point. THey've been our best line over the past 5 games, and still they can'T get any PP time!

I ######ing hate these saturday night games against the leaves...we almost always get embarrased!

Already a step ahead of you...

PJ STock was comparing Reimer to Price a few days earlier. I guess he will go on again now during the hot stove about reimer vs. Price again.

Tough night so far, I'd say the Habs have outplayed Toronto considerably. To be down by 3 despite that is rather disconcerting.

they are outplaying and outshooting, but they haven't had a lot of good shots.

Reimer has better stats the Price this year. Price has not been that great this year.

If today's any indication of the type of chances Reimer had to face, both save percentage and GGA would be pretty deceptive.

Price has had 4 outlier games - today one of them that has messed up his stats.