7:30 EST Montreal vs. Toronto: Hopefully not a playoff preview

Didn't he just ref the Montreal vs Washington? Funny how the only penalty called that game was against us.

Yes his games for the most part have had very few power plays, this year anyways.

Either Chris Lee will call stupid things all night, or he will call very little, allowing the Leaf goons to run the Habs all night.

Damn but I hate that guy.

I hope we can win and keep ahead on Boston, but also that we come out without injuries.

Orr is not a heavyweight. He is not a goon. He is an idiot- just above Avery on the evolution cycle.

He is no primate, like chara, Lucic or some of the goons Toronto has. We have a lousy history of losing our top guys to the leafs and bruins. So I am worried.

After that Buffalo game I'm not scared of anyone.

All Ott could do in the end was see how Halpern and the playoffs would taste after Cube punched him silly.

Forking Chris lee ought to be banned from reffing Habs games. Ah hell he should just be banned period. He is a biased idiot. Just mho.

Ok well let's go kick some blue and white laffs asses. :habslogo:

Didn't he just ref the Montreal vs Washington? Funny how the only penalty called that game was against us.

Wasn't it Tim Peel we had against the Capitals? IN any case, Both Peel and Lee are incompetent fools.

Why is it that I'm never confident whenever we play the Leaves? At least it's not at the Bell Center...we have a better chance of winning at the ACC.

It's time for Carey Price to shine!

Each team had one PP (the Ovechkin minor for slashing at the end of the 1st was Montreal's opportunity).

Wasn't it Tim Peel we had against the Capitals? IN any case, Both Peel and Lee are incompetent fools.

Nope, it was Lee for that one although we've had Peel more than enough as well.

Either Chris Lee will call stupid things all night, or he will call very little, allowing the Leaf goons to run the Habs all night.

Damn but I hate that guy. A bit more than any other referee, but I hate them all.

I hope we can win and keep ahead on Boston, but also that we come out without injuries.

/fixed for you.

there is some talk about a 1st round meeting between the lowly laffs and the superior habs, having had a look at the standings I like em just fine right now. we play the islanders and laffs play the neanderthall broons.Let them kick each other in the lower midsection, then we can deal with the broons when they win but are beat up. sounds like a plan to me. Lets not change the standings lets just beat the laffs. :habslogo:

I am also worried about the lack of Chris Lee calls when playing the Leafs. They know they will get away with dirtier play so they will try to goon their way to a win.

I also am worried about injuries. Our luck is we would lose one of our top guys, like Carey, in a game this close to the playoffs when we're in such good position. All because the refs let the game get out of hand.

Important game. The Leafs will be jacked - moreso than the Habs, for whom making the playoffs, while deeply gratifying, is not the mind-blowingly exciting rarity that it is for the blue and white. Also Habs-Leafs has meant far more to the Leafs than the Habs for the past 30 years or so. I hate that imbalance.

Lineup news and notes:

For the Habs, Price in for Budaj is the only change, the line combos/defence pairings are the same from Thursday.

For Toronto, Mikhail Grabovski is a game time decision while Joffrey Lupul, who the team finally admitted has a concussion, is out. There is some speculation that J-M Liles could be a healthy scratch. If so, Jake Gardiner would likely take his place. Reimer gets the start.

Things like this are why I have little to no respect for how the NHL runs things.

This isn't a NHL decision to not disclose the injury, it's a team decision. From what was being said on TSN the reason they wouldn't classify it as a concussion is because the Leafs have a history of not dealing with concussions properly. What they mean exactly by that, I have no idea. They also went on to say Toronto has one of the worse medical staffs in the NHL when it comes to concussions. So it's not that they don't want to say it's a concussion for the sake of the fans, it's because the team is scared of that type of injury itself.

This isn't a NHL decision to not disclose the injury, it's a team decision. From what was being said on TSN the reason they wouldn't classify it as a concussion is because the Leafs have a history of not dealing with concussions properly. What they mean exactly by that, I have no idea. They also went on to say Toronto has one of the worse medical staffs in the NHL when it comes to concussions. So it's not that they don't want to say it's a concussion for the sake of the fans, it's because the team is scared of that type of injury itself.

Look at the Lupul case. He had a concussion, anyone could see it, and he was skating just two days later. That's not properly dealing with concussions. Grabovski suffered one vs Boston a couple years ago (I think), again plainly evident, and he returned to the game...and scored no less. The Leafs are petrified to use the term, look back to Reimer's concussion from the Montreal game last year. Didn't they vociferously claim for weeks that Reimer didn't have a concussion when in fact, he had exactly that? I think they're afraid of their players being labelled concussion prone so they try to sell it as something different as long as possible.

Welfare of athletes should be a concern of the league, the individual teams and the players association. When Lupul comes out and says, "I have a concussion" and Toronto is saying, "Oh, we don't want to say yet" there's something wrong. I guess you also missed Randy Carlyle trying to claim that heads expand in helmets and that's why we have hockey concussions.

The doctors shouldn't answer to the team. They should answer to the league.

Important game. The Leafs will be jacked - moreso than the Habs, for whom making the playoffs, while deeply gratifying, is not the mind-blowingly exciting rarity that it is for the blue and white. Also Habs-Leafs has meant far more to the Leafs than the Habs for the past 30 years or so. I hate that imbalance.

i dont think anyone can honestly say TO is more jacked for this game then us... and if so we got serious problems moving forward!

its like playoff hockey down the stretch! the habs want the division bad and if they can beat TO twice to end the season it will go a long way in doing soa s well as put a dent in there playoff hopes.... not to mention all the playoff talk leading into this game.... nation wide HNIC on sat night!

The habs want this game just as bad any one saying different is simply playing a cop out card!

/fixed for you.

Nope. I hate Chris Lee and Tim Peel. I find both to be incompetent, regardless of what teams are playing. I watch non-Habs games too, and those two are in far too many "bad ref videos". Tim Peel is more biased then Chris Lee when it comes to the Habs. Lee screws lots of teams. Gong show comes to mind.