7:30 EST Montreal vs. Toronto: Hopefully not a playoff preview

reimer first star?? You could have had red light racicot in and he would have won.

Well at least the bruins lost! so at least we didn't move down.

I do think that MT needs to shake up the lines. I think DD has had more then enough time to get that line going. I'd rather see Gallagher moved to Pleks line with Ryder and have MaxPac play with Eller and Galchanyuk.

Give DD Bourque and Gionta to work with and hope Bourque goes to the net.

Well, it could have been worse. No ground lost in the standings (other than to Toronto who now are 6 points behind the Habs with 7 games left), Prust came back, Bourque did as well after missing some time, and there was no stupid stuff/injuries at the end. I'm not happy obviously with the outcome but this is far from the worst case scenario.

• Upvote 1

agreed Brian-well put :nuts:

Yikes!

I think it's time to switch it up a bit too. I know the boys just had a bad night but a little mixing it up couldn't really hurt...

Bourque - Pleks - Gallagher

MaxPac - Eller - Gally

Gionta - DD - Ryder

Prust - Halpern - Moen

Markov Gorges

Cube Subban

Drew Beaulieu

Any word on Diaz?

reimer first star?? You could have had red light racicot in and he would have won.

Well at least the bruins lost! so at least we didn't move down.

I do think that MT needs to shake up the lines. I think DD has had more then enough time to get that line going. I'd rather see Gallagher moved to Pleks line with Ryder and have MaxPac play with Eller and Galchanyuk.

Give DD Bourque and Gionta to work with and hope Bourque goes to the net.

He was in our net

Yikes!

I think it's time to switch it up a bit too. I know the boys just had a bad night but a little mixing it up couldn't really hurt...

Bourque - Pleks - Gallagher

MaxPac - Eller - Gally

Gionta - DD - Ryder

Prust - Halpern - Moen

Markov Gorges

Cube Subban

Drew Beaulieu

Less ice time for DD and Gionta is a concept I support 100%

The Forward lines are fine. They scored 5 times in the last game, each line contributing. Your 2nd and 3rd lines have 2 left wingers playing together and two RW playing together. They just pretty much had a goaltender no show last night. I'm just hoping it was a et down from clinching the playoff spot. They also caught a big break with tthe Bruins losing.

The concerning thing for me the past 2-3 weeks:

The are not as tenacious on the forecheck.

The have become soft and losing battles. Especialy in the defensive zone, They stopped blocking shots

With Emelin and Arnstrong out they are smaller,

They have been trying to sit on leads and become passive.

That's what's concerning to me.

It is hard to score against a team with big guys and a decent goalie once they have a lead. The leafs collapsed around the net and forced the shots to the outside. We don't have the size to force the issue, which is why Toronto is a bad matchup for us. Had Price not imploded and the game was more open, our forwards might have potted a few goals.

I don't know why people think the leafs suck. They are a much better team then they get credit for given thier record. They are young, fast, big, and have several snipers. They know have goaltending most nights and a decent coach. I would avoid them in the playoffs and let Boston wear them down. Frankly, if Boston doesn't get some guys back for the first round, the leafs might beat them.

It is hard to score against a team with big guys and a decent goalie once they have a lead. The leafs collapsed around the net and forced the shots to the outside. We don't have the size to force the issue, which is why Toronto is a bad matchup for us. Had Price not imploded and the game was more open, our forwards might have potted a few goals.

I don't know why people think the leafs suck. They are a much better team then they get credit for given thier record. They are young, fast, big, and have several snipers. They know have goaltending most nights and a decent coach. I would avoid them in the playoffs and let Boston wear them down. Frankly, if Boston doesn't get some guys back for the first round, the leafs might beat them.

Yes, the Leafs are definitely underestimated around here. Heck, they would have made the playoffs with ease last season had they had some goaltending. The line between us and them is not that wide. Indeed, the line between most playoff teams and most other playoff teams is not that wide. Welcome to the top 8, folks.

they suck because they are the tronta craple laffs. :lol:

Price played like crap. No doubt about that.

Still for all the supposed "second half struggles" he's a guy who had a 919 save percentage in the second half of the season (before last night).

I think its a one-time event that is unlikely to repeat.

As for the game, Habs outplayed them in the first period but couldn't get a save, thats disheartening for a team, especially when you fight hard to make it 3-1 and get back into the game, and the 2nd goalie gives up his first goal, on his first shot, on a bit of a stinker too.... it was game over right there.

Also, why are we always so quick with the Line Combos, and other coaching issues.

I mean we all acknowledge that Therrien is a coach of the year candidate... yet we all think that we can do those aspects of the job better than he can? Why?

And this after a year when everyone bitched that lines were never kept together to build chemistry.

I think MT and JM were polar opposites. JM would probably try to change line combos during a shift if possible.

While MT has exceeded all my expectations of him, he has been flanking DD with good wingers despite inconsistent play for the majority of the season. Same with PP time. It's time to give others a chance with maxpac and galleghar. The chemistry between maxpac and DD really hasn't been there this season.

Given the recent play of Eller and Gally, I think they warrent PP time. I also think that either pleks or Eller deserve a shot of having maxpac with them. Galleghar is the only one playing well on the DD line.

Also, why are we always so quick with the Line Combos, and other coaching issues.

I mean we all acknowledge that Therrien is a coach of the year candidate... yet we all think that we can do those aspects of the job better than he can? Why?

And this after a year when everyone bitched that lines were never kept together to build chemistry.