Apr. 15, Flyers vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

They clinched and don't care.

Time to see Therrien show he's a real coach and whip them into shape for the playoffs.

You might be right, but I don't think any player consciously makes the decision to play at a sub-optimal level.

I am looking for some pushback and a real rebound game against the Pens on Wed. as MTL continues the season long trend of not losing more than two in a row. What MT has to do is get the forwards backchecking and forechecking a lot harder (like they were doing before this recent stretch of craptitude, which despite perceptions is only two games) as we are now a little more vunerable on D with Emelin gone and Diaz still out.

When you are a big goalie, yes, it wears out quicker.

Especially the equipment they are using... which is not the same shit you buy in stores. It is built to be super light weight, and as a result, the durability is sacrificed.

Well when your on the ice all night they wear out quicker. There is no accuse for his play yes not all the goals are his fault but your goalie has to bail you out sometime and if he is one of the best thats what he should do.

I was wondering where last years team went. Now i found them. It's not losing 2 in a row, it's the complete no show last night and defensive zone lack of coverage that's concerning. They are close to losing home ice with a few more tanks.

They had a whopping 7 hits last night, i didn't even see that many. Without Armstrong, Prust, Emelin and now White these guys are cream puffs. I am speachless about the defensive zone lapses. You do need to cover the slot.

Unfortunately as someone else mentioned, MT can't even bag skate them with back to back games. Maybe one of those players only meetings or something.

Diaz won't actually help the dzone, in fact they become smaller. He will the PP and is a RD, which will put someone back to the left side.

Has anyone seen DD since he signed his contract?

I think that there is good cause for concern, given the two whuppings we've suffered. But I'm glad it's happening now, when there's time to adjust and fix our play. MT is going to have his work cut out; this is really his first true test as coach this time around, and I'm interested to see what approach he takes. There are definitely too many passengers presently, but the good news is that most of those players historically aren't lazy players, so a quick turnaround is plausible in my opinion.

Also, what the hell is up with the Bell Centre ice of late? I know both teams have to play on it, but it's seemed awful the past few games at home.

I mercifully missed this one. But I'm with those who make a connection between clinching the playoff spot and this sudden drop-off in play. Emelin's a good player and all, but surely he can't be missed THAT much.

They need to regroup and get back to paying the price, blocking shots, outworking the opposition every shift. The onus is on Therrien to refocus his squad, and on the players themselves to look within and ask whether making the playoffs was all they really wanted to do.

We need also to consider that opposing coaches may have broken down the Habs's success and adjusted their game plans accordingly, to good effect. In this case the onus is even more on Therrien to make the necessary adjustments in response.

My guess is that getting back to our 'A' game will not be a pretty process. We are probably in for 5-6 frustrating games as the team tries to claws its way back to where it was - assuming things don't snowball in the other direction.

Very frustrating to see these guys making such a bush-league mental mistake after clinching. They've fallen right into one of the classic traps of newly good teams.

Well I'm leaving for New York in a couple of hours and will probably only be able to listen to the games on TSN if I want to. Given the way the teams playing its just as well. This has been a painful couple of games to watch.

The are dangerously coming close to having to play the leafs for 4th place in the last night of the season. I still remember the leafs knocking us out of the playoffs with a 6-5 win a number if years ago.

I really think MT needs to make some changes hat should have been made 5 or 6 games ago. How or why DD was given 20+ minutes last night is a bigger mystery than the Caramilk secret.

Well when your on the ice all night they wear out quicker. There is no accuse for his play yes not all the goals are his fault but your goalie has to bail you out sometime and if he is one of the best thats what he should do.

What do you call stopping 3 breakaways? If not bailing out his team

What do you call facing a 17 shot barrage in the first period and keeping his team in it? If not bailing out his team.

Sometimes there is only so much you can do.

There was no way that 2nd goal should have gone in. He was great for the rest of the period and was abandoned by his D all night, but you can't let in softies when the team's psyche is weak and after a playing one of the worst game of your career against the leafs.

What do you call facing a 17 shot barrage in the first period and keeping his team in it? If not bailing out his team.

There was no way that 2nd goal should have gone in. He was great for the rest of the period and was abandoned by his D all night, but you can't let in softies when the team's psyche is weak and after a playing one of the worst game of your career against the leafs.