Oct. 28, Habs vs Rangers, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Chuckie and Eller with help (of course) from Gally. Off the skate, doubt it'll count.

He did swipe with his stick, but his skate definitely was moving to the net. I'm guessing no.

Well, it was crap, boring hockey, but just about a perfect road game from the Habs. What great team defence. Gotta say, we have the reigning Norris guy who is still playing great hockey, and we have Markov, who at this point of the season, is better.

Also to be noted, Bournival *continues* to look good out there, Holland performed solidly for his shifts, and MT showed more and more confidence in LL as the game progressed. That's three big dollops of good news about our kids.

Yea, solid win on the road. Let's hope they follow it up with a solid performance tomorrow.

I thought Leblanc was good in the 2nd and 3rd, 1 bad penalty although I thought that was Bourque's penalty. Good for MT to keep playing him.

I liked Murray as well, couple big hits, physical down low, just what you expect. Pleks line looked good at times.

Road game missing two lines of regulars... Get use to the defensive game of old. They need to hang in there until some guys get back.

Budaj with another terrific performance. If Price is going to the Olympics, Budaj should play a bit more. We don't need Price running out of gas late in the season.

Desharnais on a 2 on 1 shoots it 3 feet wide and high...

I mean, why is he even here?

Haha, and Pierre tried to have us believe that it hit Lundqvist on the way to the boards. He did manage to sum up Desharnais's season a couple times: Desharnais est complètement neutralisé and La rondelle est un petit peu trop loin pour Desharnais.

Budaj man of the match for the second time in two games. Made several big saves. We'll probably see him on Friday in Minny.

I liked what I saw of Murray. Didn't screw up and knocked a few guys on their asses. And once, just once, it seemed like we had the upper hand in an after-whistle scrum.

pretty even game, 28 blocked shots likely the difference.

All the kids looked good.

Murray is a lumbering skater, but still a bit quicker than Gill and a big load.

Lucky break for Galchenyuk and funny that he didn't hardly react when it went in.

Budaj played great

Hey, these guys look pretty good!

*Leblanc showed some life, he's not done yet, but when he tripped into the end boards and took that boneheaded penalty...

*Murray played his game. He's not here to play major minutes against top competition, rush the puck or score goals. He's here to hit, clear the crease and get into lanes. He shouldn't be judged on speed (yes he will get torched 3-5 times this year) anymore than Diaz should be judged because he can't knock Mats Zucarello off the puck.

*Diaz was two points away from playing his best game in the NHL.

*The powerplay is broken.

*Budaj is quietly becoming the best backup goaltender in the league. Not counting platoon situations.

*If they go above. 500 until Pacioretty and Emelin get back, they can contend for first in the division.

Plex's goal was sick.

1.Nice pass from Markov;

2.Great one timer pass from Gionta;

3.Bournival pays the price and a smooth feed;

4.Plekanec finishes off with a sweet deke.

All in all I thought we played a pretty good game. Murray looks like he can play some hockey (in his own end). Leblanc is really trying out there, he wants to stay up but that's a long shot. Budaj looked as good as any goalie in the league tonite, great to watch. With a patchwork defence and a bunch of forwards injured, this was a really good result. The last 3 games have been very good. And Mcquire is still a goof.