Nov. 16, Rangers vs Habs, 7:00 PM

Meller93

Guest Stogey24

Yeah, that's pretty solid analysis. I think Pleks and Gio have played well this season, by and large, although their numbers are lower than they should be. But as you say, they're not the problem; the problem is all the passengers - Bourque, Briere, Desharnais, and Pacioretty. You can't succeed with that many veteran forwards dogging it (although Patches has had his moments at least; the other three? Feh). We're supposed to be a team that can roll three lines - we're built that way - but if 4 of your top-9 forwards are stinking out the joint, that makes that impossible. There's the basic problem right there.

And come to think of it, we never did replace Cole in the top-6. Briere might as well be nothing.

One partial solution might be Bournival. Throw him in there with a lot of ice. But that's not MT's style (a 'protected minutes' style that puts young players in a position to succeed, rather than throwing them out there as replacements for useless vets). I would try it for 2-3 games, though. See if he can rise to the occasion.

And I'm not even sure you can blame Therrien the way most fans seem to be doing. Again: four out of the top nine forwards are sucking ass. That's not Therrien's fault. It's nobody's fault really, except maybe the players themselves, and perhaps the GM's for believing they could be relied upon to do the job.

Other than that, there's nothing to be done, other than trade, or else just hope the vets can work their way back to top-9 calibre performances.

Bourque needs to go. Such an ass dragger.

I'm all for a a big trade right now. I know a lot of that could be stemming from a pretty poor record right now but I want to see a shake up. I wouldn't mind landing Brayden Schenn. Philly is struggling but he isn't playin too bad. E Kane Pacioretty.. Not sure what to think about that but it's reeeal interesting. I just want to see a big change. Hell, I wouldn't mind finding a trade partner for gorges. Not that I don't like the players I mentioned, I just feel we need a shake up

We need to transplant the heart of Gallagher into Patches. Or maybe just a piece of it cause Patches needs to start crashing the net. That is his game and he is not playing his game which makes him basically useless at this time. The defence is adequate for now. The problem is none of our forwards can score so yes a shake up is a good idea. Maybe Kane would do better here then in Chi town. He is a tough kid who will hit and can score. If we could pick up Kane and Yakupov, we might have a dangerous squad to play against.

I always like how Bourque is the slacker? He has 5 goals and playing on the wrong wing with DD and Pacs

But Gionta has 4 and Pleks has 5 but somehow they are hard working character players.

They are "hard working players" because they ARE hard working players. If you can't see a difference between what Pleks and Gio bring and what Bourque has been bringing, then you're not paying attention.

Those guys need to produce more, yes; they're somewhat (not hugely) off their normal paces. But at least they're generating things, playing well in all zones, leading the rush, etc., etc.

Bourque, meanwhile, has been useless as Stephen Harper's #### since game one. You're right about the off-wing thing, though - that's a fair point in his defence.

As for a "big trade," I'd love to see it myself, just from a fan point of view. But I'm not sure it makes sense, unless you're trading veterans you planned to trade at the deadline anyway. We can trade Patches because he's in a slump, but are we then gonna trade Kane when HE goes in a slump? Given that the point was never to contend this season anyway, any trade involving young-ish players shouldn't be made just to "shake things up" in the short-term. It has to be with the long-term in mind.

They are "hard working players" because they ARE hard working players. If you can't see a difference between what Pleks and Gio bring and what Bourque has been bringing, then you're not paying attention.

Those guys need to produce more, yes; they're somewhat (not hugely) off their normal paces. But at least they're generating things, playing well in all zones, leading the rush, etc., etc.

Bourque, meanwhile, has been useless as Stephen Harper's #### since game one. You're right about the off-wing thing, though - that's a fair point in his defence.

As for a "big trade," I'd love to see it myself, just from a fan point of view. But I'm not sure it makes sense, unless you're trading veterans you planned to trade at the deadline anyway. We can trade Patches because he's in a slump, but are we then gonna trade Kane when HE goes in a slump? Given that the point was never to contend this season anyway, any trade involving young-ish players shouldn't be made just to "shake things up" in the short-term. It has to be with the long-term in mind.

I think we could get Matt Read or Brayden Schenn for Pacioretty straight up, but Kane would take at least a 2nd round pick going in Winnipeg's direction. Pacioretty has a very tradeable contract, I don't see anyone else getting a big return. Markov would get us a good deal, but then the pp is all done.

I like the state regarding Boullion on the pp. Maybe they try Plekanec on the point again?

Brian: you mentioned Chris Lee was one of the officials. Is he to the Habs, what I consider Dave Lewis is to the Bulldogs (that is not a neutral observer and hates our organization)?????? :angry2:

Brian: you mentioned Chris Lee was one of the officials. Is he to the Habs, what I consider Dave Lewis is to the Bulldogs (that is not a neutral observer and hates our organization)?????? :angry2:

It seems that way to some but in reality, he's terrible everywhere.

By the way to the people who say it is only our goalies, the habs lead the league in blocked shots.

Leading the team.... Gorges and Diaz, Markov, Boullion, then PK and Murray.

Great shot blocking D and great goaltending gets you a low goals against and a great PK.

Guest Stogey24

I always like how Bourque is the slacker? He has 5 goals and playing on the wrong wing with DD and Pacs

But Gionta has 4 and Pleks has 5 but somehow they are hard working character players.

Bourque is a huge slacker. He shows up when he wants to. He's a big guy who can fight and can lay hits, if he feels like it that is. He had the same issues in Calgary. Plek and Gio are two of the hardest working players on the team. There is a reason they have letters on their Jersey's.

Bourque is a huge slacker. He shows up when he wants to. He's a big guy who can fight and can lay hits, if he feels like it that is. He had the same issues in Calgary. Plek and Gio are two of the hardest working players on the team. There is a reason they have letters on their Jersey's.

He really cant fight nor hit well at all, he has taken suspensions partly because of this.

Not all know how to hit well and fighting also is a bit of skill.

But, seems once in a while he will throw his body around and becomes more "involved" in forecheck than at other times and why he dosent realize he is a big guy who, could help out if he just runs into the opposition instead of coasting by neither taking out anyone nor retrieving the puck.

But, I think it is just the way he is and aint gonna change (like a Benoit Pouliot, Andrai Kostitsyn he has the size and some skill but that's it), but he can be counted on to get some goals and will likely get 20+ again.

The undervaluing of Pacioretty is getting silly folks. He's now only worth Matt Read? Or Brayden Schenn, who has a career NHL total of 58 points? That's Pacioretty's value?

Folks are crazy. Kid is slumping, no doubt. Therrien needs to stick him on a line and let him work through it instead of juggling the lines every game.

If anyone is interested, Therrien is shuffling the lines AGAIN. This time, he's breaking up the kid line, and saddling them with Prust, and putting Gallagher on the Desharnais/Pacioretty line. White is out, and Briere is centering the fourth line of Moen and Bournival.

This season is all about getting DD going.

Guest Stogey24

He really cant fight nor hit well at all, he has taken suspensions partly because of this.

Not all know how to hit well and fighting also is a bit of skill.

But, seems once in a while he will throw his body around and becomes more "involved" in forecheck than at other times and why he dosent realize he is a big guy who, could help out if he just runs into the opposition instead of coasting by neither taking out anyone nor retrieving the puck.

But, I think it is just the way he is and aint gonna change (like a Benoit Pouliot, Andrai Kostitsyn he has the size and some skill but that's it), but he can be counted on to get some goals and will likely get 20+ again.

. Bourque can fight. Watch any of his scraps and you'll see he's more than willing to stand throw. I lived in Calgary a few years ago and we would always go and watch flames games. He was not a dedicated player then either, but he did play with grit.

Sucks to see our boys struggle so much to score some goals! I wouldn't worry too much about Patches, he'll get going soon enough. I can't believe some are proposing to trade him!?!? Unbelievable!

What really sucks is that our goalies are playing lights out and we still can't get the wins! Too bad for Carey, he's having an awesome year!

Just in case anyone mistook what I said above, I don't want Pacioretty traded, I just said I thought the Pacioretty Kane rumours were interesting. I think it'll just take Patches a goal to get back on track like last year. But I haven't seen a compete level in him yet like he's shown before.

Just in case anyone mistook what I said above, I don't want Pacioretty traded, I just said I thought the Pacioretty Kane rumours were interesting. I think it'll just take Patches a goal to get back on track like last year. But I haven't seen a compete level in him yet like he's shown before.

Why should he compete? DD, his best buddy on the team is being given a free pass. Where's the urgency?

Why should he compete? DD, his best buddy on the team is being given a free pass. Where's the urgency?

I realize you're being satirical, but if that is how he thinks maybe it wouldn't be so bad for MB to trade him hahah. As it is I think he just needs a kick in the ass. We need to see some emotion from these guys

I realize you're being satirical, but if that is how he thinks maybe it wouldn't be so bad for MB to trade him hahah. As it is I think he just needs a kick in the ass. We need to see some emotion from these guys

I think Eklund put it out there that Briere, Bouillon, and Desharnais made him an "honory Quebecois" and now it all makes sense...

Eklund also said that this bunch of dogs were even worse than the last and they are overseas scouting Latendresse and the Kostitsyns.

Oh thank the great pumpkin, we are saved we are saved :wall:

Oh thank the great pumpkin, we are saved we are saved :wall:

Let's just go "all dog" and get it over with:

Kostitsyn-Briere-Kostitsyn

Latendresse-Desharnais-Kovalev

Bourque-Higgins-Cole

Laraque-Enqvist-Parros

Dumont

Komisarek-Diaz

Bouillon-Murray

O'Byrne-Weber

Picard

Theodore

Auld

I guess the guys this year are all right after all.