Buffalo vs. Montreal | December 7th, 2013 | 1900 EST

lazy26

I hope he does, because Thornton is a piece of useless crap. I've always thought that and the stupid retaliatory play he did to Orpik was moronic. Let's see if Shanahan punishes him with a long suspension, or if Jeromy Jacobs and/or Colin Campbell use their influence to sweep it under the rug, again.

Depending on the injury, this could be a Bertuzzi length suspension. The play are very similar.

Prust usually plays well when he's at center

It's interesting, tonight is not one of those nights. CBC said in the pregame he was the C but with White in, he moved to the wing.

Some perplexing TOI numbers:

Briere: 4:52

Eller: 5:23

These are both quite low. The fourth and third lines have flipped roles tonight, the 4th liners are all around the 8 minute mark (and have earned the extra time, they've all played quite well).

Pj Stock defending Thornton. He says they were just little jabs and the stuff leading up to that was much dirtier. Mind you the Neal knee to Marchand's head looked bad but no way to prove it was intentional. I had no problem with the Orpik hit

Pj Stock defending Thornton. He says they were just little jabs and the stuff leading up to that was much dirtier. Mind you the Neal knee to Marchand's head looked bad but no way to prove it was intentional. I had no problem with the Orpik hit

I'm in Calgary, so i'll have to wait until the leaf's intermission to hear what the blow hard has to say. But here's hoping the Rogers deal will end the careers of PJ Stock and Glen Healy.

Agreed. I can't see whether Neal intentionally did that. What Thornton did will probably cost him.

Depending on the injury, this could be a Bertuzzi length suspension. The play are very similar.

I dont doubt that the suspension could be in the same ballpark as bertuzzi but that may be more as a result of the current crackdown by the NHL on violent plays.

As bad as it was, i personally dont see it as being as bad as bertuzzi on moore.

Plex with a very short shift and then to the dressing room....

After seeing it again, does kind of look neal stuck out his knee a bit on marchant or is it just me?

Yep he should get a game or 3.

Plexisback on the BENCH.

After seeing it again, does kind of look neal stuck out his knee a bit on marchant or is it just me?

What gets me is he doesn't look back to see what he hit.

That tells me he knows exactly what he hit... and it was on purpose.