Phoenix vs. Montreal | December 17th, 2013 | 7:30 EST

Habsfan84

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patches took a chance with that shot. Hybrid icing would have left 2 seconds on the clock. not impossible. Big win for the Habs. Also a huge defensive play but Gorges on that 4 on 1

Wow so studying for my vertebrates final, checked the score after 1, disappointment, after 2, disappointment again, check after 3, Habs win 3-1! That's a nice surprise! Price once again must have been deadly too

we got lucky this could have south real easy but we take em all and smile. Great save by Gorges. Patches with a couple. excellent.

I thought Yotes were lucky to just hang around for a while, they were outplayed before the goal off a skate and after.

I thought Yotes were lucky to just hang around for a while, they were outplayed before the goal off a skate and after.

same. that was definitely our game. Pax alone hit 3 post tonight. Could have been a goals frenzy for the Habs.

really if Price isnt fantastic it could have been 3 -0 after 1 imho

Really glad we signed Briere. He did a lot out there last night.

He's useful to the other players, because he stinks so much, I had no idea Eller has one goal in the last 15 games, I didn't know until they said it at TSN. Gallagher is in a huge slump, and Gionta had one point in five games before last night. I had no idea about any of this, because Brie-where is so bad out there. All of the players appreciate Briere acting as a foil against media scruitiny.

He's useful to the other players, because he stinks so much, I had no idea Eller has one goal in the last 15 games, I didn't know until they said it at TSN. Gallagher is in a huge slump, and Gionta had one point in five games before last night. I had no idea about any of this, because Brie-where is so bad out there. All of the players appreciate Briere acting as a foil against media scruitiny.

Ha ha, an important role on the Habs for sure :rofl:

really if Price isnt fantastic it could have been 3 -0 after 1 imho

Yes, but Price is Price and played his normal game, pretty much bullet-proof also Murray and crew were blocking shots well; but yes were outshot badly for 1 period. But that was it and Phoenix simply went through the motions after that (especially the 4 on 1 that Gorges faced late in game).

Guest Stogey24

Eller's hasn't changed one bit from being in this slump. He's laying the body, back checking, and getting scoring chances. I'm seriously impressed by him. He's starting to become a solid power forward that can break through the offensive zone. He will start finding the net when he's put on a consistent line that can give him a hand once and a while. Therrien is playing him like a plugger.

Eller's slump is a good thing in a bad way. I don't see him getting $4M if he can't hit 40 points this season. He'll be paid like a third line center. If we can lock him down for three years plus at "max third line center" money, it could either turn into a bargain later on if he does emerge into a top six center or he'll just stick into being a very reliable third line center and we can focus on Galchenyuk/Plekanec as our top two centers.

I find it interesting that when PK does a dubious play, some comment on it, but when Gorges or Diaz make the same play, it's accepted as being normal and no one comments about it, though that happens 3-4 times at least a game.

Let PK make plays, for the most part they are creative and entertaining to watch, he will help the team create offense rather than playing safe "a la Diaz"