Habs vs Lightning, April 1

Neech

Murray will definitely get suspended for that cheap shot. Tinordi better get ready to play in the next game.

Anyone still think we'll take out the Bolts in 5 games???

I'm sorry, but unless we score a short handed goal, Tampa will have won 3 of 4 games against us this season!

All games were within 1 goal though (and I include this one... a 5 on 5 empty netter means nothing)

Cant win em all.

Now in the playoffs, so its all good.

And the saves Price made were just super, he looks very confident.

Markov played a reasonable 24minutes and Subban just 17, so smarter utilization of those 2 for final few practice games, till real season begins in couple weeks.

Really awful game. We were playing better until that bogus call on Callahan, after that things changed. The team looked dead. our first line didn't show up. Only Price showed up tonight. Murray will get a couple games... If we want to beat Tampa in the first round, we better make sure they don't get any space to feel confident.. We have to put them in their place from the very get go otherwise we will have an ottawa-like disappointment...

All games were within 1 goal though (and I include this one... a 5 on 5 empty netter means nothing)

True but you have to admit that if it wasn't for Carey tonight, this game wouldn't even be close. Tampa should've scored at least 5 goals tonight...if not 6!

They tend to have trouble with fast teams like Tampa, but count on weaker goaltending to win. Unfortunately, Tampa has very good goaltending which makes them tough for the Habs to beat.

Boys will need a huge effort in the playoffs to beat these guys.

The score was a lot closer than the game. Price saved our bacon time and again. PK was pretty bad when he wasn't on the powerplay. Our defense doesn't look very good at the moment. Maybe Gorges can have a stabilizing influence and at least get Bouillon off the top pair.

They tend to have trouble with fast teams like Tampa, but count on weaker goaltending to win. Unfortunately, Tampa has very good goaltending which makes them tough for the Habs to beat.

Boys will need a huge effort in the playoffs to beat these guys.

You need a big effort to win any series in the playoffs. What team is a better out than Tampa?

C'mon guys...they just won five straight, they aren't that good to keep stringing along victory after victory. Tampa played the game of the year, not unlike what we did in Boston last week.

Agreed that they had just won 5 games in a row and had they played against anyone else, I wouldn't have made a big fuss out of this loss. But they were playing the team they will face in the playoffs. Home-ice advantage was on the line. How could they not show up? What excuse could they have?

definitely a suspension forthcoming. Game over. Wont be as bad since Koska was able to get up.

Correct.

Anyone still think we'll take out the Bolts in 5 games???

I'm sorry, but unless we score a short handed goal, Tampa will have won 3 of 4 games against us this season!

Yep Habs can't beat BIshop.

NO chance.

Correct.

Yep Habs can't beat BIshop.

NO chance.

Let's not get too far ahead. One shorty, one pp goal, one empty net. Anyone think they do that four times? They played a clinical game and had eight power plays. With Gorges/Prust/Moen back, playing at least two in the Bell Centre?

You go into the third period of that game ten times, one of those teams wins six times.

I've been saying I don't like this matchup. Never did. Bad vibes from all those years of their being the darling of the French media. Unfortunately tonight didn't make me feel any better.

The D needs Josh Gorges back. A quiet stabilizer back there. Couldn't hurt.

The coaching matchup is what worries me most. The Lightning took the game to us most of the night.

BINGO! That will be the key to this playoff matchup, and I don't see Therien outcoaching Cooper.

the Lightening are bigger and apparently faster and definitely better coached, their goalie is very good, I hope we can pull a rabbit out of a hat to beat these guys. Maybe MT will have one of his visions and it will all work out. I seriously don't like our chances. I think it might be better to start on the road. See if Carey maybe steals one for us.

Well, it sure would be a shame to lose in the first round again, after such a lively and mostly positive season - and especially after adding Vanek. :huh: Hopefully everyone involved learns from tonight.

I think an assumption can be made that the boys took their foot of the pedal on this Florida trip. I think someone posted that they got an extra day off down there or something. But regardless it's understandable that they already know they clinched and who they will face. Even with this game having home ice implications, it's all about them showing up in the playoffs. It's near impossible for any team to be able to perform at their highest level, game in and game out over 82 games. Game 83 will be the tell all

Home ice against Tampa Bay ?!?! All 7 games would be home games for the Habs with so many of their fans in the crowd !

which is why it might be best to start on the road. imo