Game 1, Rangers vs Canadiens, 1 PM

dlbalr

Really like that 1 2 PP with Subban Bealieu

Frankly, i'd like to shake up the PP. Put Beaulieu and Subban together on that first unit for a look.

I had the forward configuration with Vanek-Pleks-Briere. Pleks has not looked good on the PP. Let's get Eller out there and keep the first unit with MaxPac-DD-Vanek and 2nd with Briere-Eller-Gallagher

Chucky will be in for sure next game.

Considering the Habs likely won't have a full practice tomorrow (they seldom do on Sundays), the odds are pretty low that Galchenyuk will get the green light to play as he needs to get through a few regular practices with contact before the doctor signs off.

Chucky will be in for sure next game.

White needs a shake as well.

If he was ready, he should have been in tonight. I don't buy the argument you have to go with the same lineup as game 6/7 against Boston. This is a different series, different team, different needs. We need more skill and speed.

So the 3rd goal against our most defensively responsible centre. 4th goal against the DD line.

Are we really any worse off, stacking our top two lines and going with the following:

MaxPac-DD-Vanek

Galchenyuk-Eller-Galleghar

Gionta-Pleks-Bournival

Weisse-Briere-Bourque

I like the line configurations, but as much as I hate it, coaches don't put out a checking line, and the top two lines will get roasted in MSG.

This is the let down game. The Rangers can make you pay with their speed. They have four goals from 5 minutes of good hockey.

Time for a good third period. Make Kreider pay, an Emelin hip check special will slow his speed over the blue line.

Put Bournival back on the second line, that line has no forechecker.

Kinda disappointed with the game today. It seems like our boys were not focused, the habs x bruins series sucked up a lot of energy.

Let's wait for game 2, we must get game 2 and go to MSG and win. We can definitely win at MSG. I feel we have a better roster and maybe shuffle the lines, bring Galchenyuk because he's needed for the style of play the Rangers play.

does this feel the same as the 2010 Eastern finals when we got blown out 6-0 in the first game. Hope this series doesn't follow that pattern.

Guest Stogey24

Nice play Briere.

Really they don't look so bad at the moment. But maybe the Rags have just decided to coast for the last ten minutes?

Hmm 7-1. You think?

I don't know about you guys but the rags were our toughest opponent in the eastern conference during the regular season in my opinion. I was surprised to see people giving the edge to the habs... This is gonna be tough. Better win game two...

Disaster game. Everything you didn't want to happen in game 1 happened. Price gets banged up, a struggling Rangers powerplay gets going, Nash scores a goal, McDonagh rubs it in on habs organization for terrible trade, and Lundqvist wins ga me in Montreal.

So much for hime ice...worse showing of the playoffs.

I sure hope they can dominate game two and get some confidence going into New York or this will be a short series...

Sadly, I feared this series the most... Beating the Bruins and then coming back totally flat. Reminds me of losing to Philly in the conference finals..