The OffSeason Thread

Commandant

I agree, Budaj is signed, and is awesome in the backup role, let Dubnyk and Condon play in Hamilton, Fucale is not far off from being the #1 in Hamilton anyway, and Tokarski's value will never get higher than it is right now playing behind Price imho...

Pleks, Moen and Tokarski and whatever, for Wheeler,Ladd and a 3rd round pick, from the Jets, brings our forward line up more complete, adds RW with size speed and scoring with Wheeler, and defensive center, and character/leadership in Ladd. Still doesn't solve our need for a top 4 D though does it?

Oh well, I'm just thinking out loud about our un-balance up front....

Sidenote, for all those who wish to land Evander Kane, be careful what you wish for, you ask me, Kane can stay there with his attitude, he would get eaten alive in Montreal....

I agree, Budaj is signed, and is awesome in the backup role, let Dubnyk play in Hamilton, Fucale is not far off from being the #1 in Hamilton anyway, and Tokarski's value will never get higher than it is right now playing behind Price imho...

Pleks, Moen and Tokarski and whatever, for Wheeler,Ladd and a 3rd round pick, from the Jets, brings our forward line up more complete, adds RW with size speed and scoring with Wheeler, and defensive center, and character/leadership in Ladd. Still doesn't solve our need for a top 4 D though does it?

Sidenote, for all those who wish to land Evander Kane, be careful what you wish for, you ask me, Kane can stay there with his attitude, he would get eaten alive in Montreal....

there is ZERO chance that winnepeg trade Wheeler and Ladd for that. They are looking to add more leadership not trade their captain.

I agree, Budaj is signed, and is awesome in the backup role, let Dubnyk and Condon play in Hamilton, Fucale is not far off from being the #1 in Hamilton anyway, and Tokarski's value will never get higher than it is right now playing behind Price imho...

Dubnyk? I don't think he is on the team next year. He is a ufa and I see no possibility of the Habs wasting money on that individual. Budaij / Condon in Hamilton. Tokarski up cause he won't clear waivers to go down. Can't lose him for nothing.

I think you are all forgetting about Tokarski's need. He is young and aspiring to be a starter. He needs to play. A backup roll to Price may not cut it.

He's had 4 years in the AHL. He's got nothing to learn there.

Look this is a small goalie with 10 NHL games. He's not getting much in a trade.

He's nearly over 800K in savings on the cap vs Budaj, and is the better goalie IMO.

Budaj should go.

He's had 4 years in the AHL. He's got nothing to learn there.

Look this is a small goalie with 10 NHL games. He's not getting much in a trade.

He's nearly over 800K in savings on the cap vs Budaj, and is the better goalie IMO.

Budaj should go.

It seems pretty simple to me. Keep the cheaper better goalie. Peter is a great guy but everyone has a shelf life. I hope we can trade him for something cause I an sure he would rather be in the NHL than with the bulldogs. However there are a lot o goalies available this year so not a good year to be peter.

Sorry dude, there's no way Winnipeg would agree to that trade!

It seems pretty simple to me. Keep the cheaper better goalie. Peter is a great guy but everyone has a shelf life. I hope we can trade him for something cause I an sure he would rather be in the NHL than with the bulldogs. However there are a lot o goalies available this year so not a good year to be peter.

Yep, people are way overthinking this. Pete, you've been great - see ya.

Is Tokarski the better goalie playing every few weeks? Budaj was excellent as long as we didn't need him to fill in too long. Many goalies simply can't do well playing so few games.

I think it comes down to what other teams are willing to give up for each of them. Who knows.

Budaj has the ultimate backup mentality. Here's Price on the matter:

“He’s an unbelievable back-up. He’s a really good friend of mine. He’s one of the best friends I have on this team. He showed a lot of character. He never hung his head. He never pouted. And he showed the utmost support for everybody including Dustin. It takes a special person to do that.”

Budaj has done great for us in the last two seasons. Tokarski is going to give us a better shot at winning a playoff series, but realistically, if Price goes down we're toast anyhow. Tokarski's value should be high to teams like Winnipeg who want a cheap, young option to come in and challenge their #1. Our bed is set for the next decade with Price and Fucale anyways. Trade the guy whose value is peaking and keep the guy custom-made for the role.

Sorry dude, there's no way Winnipeg would agree to that trade!

So.... you don't rate Pleks any higher than I do? Lol, I was just wishful thinking bud! Maybe we could up the "whatever" ;) and they definitely need a goalie out there in the Peg.

and...

Yes he does.

Damn it!

Haha. If that's what Zidlicky is worth, Markov deserves Weber money.

Im no expert on Marek Zidlikey but 42 pionts, and 124 htis with a -3 rating for only 3 mill, sound like a pretty good deal for NJ.

Markov had 43 points and 49 hits with a +12 rating. Plus, he got to play with PK in the PP.