Subban files for arbitration

hab29RETIRED

I really wish the damn molson's didn't repurchase the habs! This is the same friggin family that oversaw the shit show that lost us Roy for peanuts!

All that tells you is that they let the gm do his job. The president hired the gm who while a great guy and heart and soul Hab, was totally incompetent. I don't think Geoff was really a part of that scenario since he was only 24 years old and probably more interested in what girls had up their dress than what Reggie was doing. :)

At the end of the president reported to his idiot dad. Seems the apple didnt fall far from the tree.

So molson intervenes and shoots off his mouth when the GM hires an English coach, but is impotent with the most important decision for the franchise???

All that tells you is that they let the gm do his job. The president hired the gm who while a great guy and heart and soul Hab, was totally incompetent. I don't think Geoff was really a part of that scenario since he was only 24 years old and probably more interested in what girls had up their dress than what Reggie was doing. :)

At the end of the president reported to his idiot dad. Seems the apple didnt fall far from the tree.

So mole on intervenes and shoots off his mouth when the GM hires an English coach, but is impotent with the most important decision for the franchise???

This waiting is driving us all nuts. I am going to have an ulcer by the time we hear anything. What is taking so long? maybe it is a good thing.

Ok that is not good news. MB better get his head out of his ass and do something in the next 24 hours. While it is not the end of the world, it is damn upsetting. I really want PK signed long term 8 years minimum. ( yeah I know that is the max.)

Subban not sounding happy. Surprise, surprise, surprise. Too many games played with this one and it's likely creating bad feelings. MB had better change his tune or PK's going to want out.

Subban not sounding happy. Surprise, surprise, surprise. Too many games played with this one and it's likely creating bad feelings. MB had better change his tune or PK's going to want out.

No player is ever happy after an arbitration hearing so I wouldn't read too much into that. For that matter, no team is happy after a hearing either.

I see a lot of Bergevin-bashing by fans on Facebook, who are implying that he should just hand Subban whatever he wants I find this notion to be ridiculous without knowing what Subban's demands are. For all we know, he's asking for something ridiculous like 9.5 per....people need to calm down a little.

• Upvote 1

Well, I have to hand it to Bergevin, he certainly stuck to his guns. I'm going to withold (too much) judgement, because I don't know what Meehan was proposing, but unless the deal was in 75-90 million range, this is a big "L" for MB.

But how in the world can this deal be worth less? Doesn't make sense. The Rogers money is coming in next year. Unless the Canuck Loonie crashes the deal will be even more. Forgive me for suggesting that isn't what's on MBs mind, with his grade 10.

It's not inconceivable that MB and MT just don't want Subban past age 27.

Who knows? With all of the promo spots, third person banter etc, maybe Subban turns into Dion in 4-5 years. For all the crap he gets, Princess Diane was a lean, mean, scoring machine at Subban's age.

But how in the world can this deal be worth less? Doesn't make sense. The Rogers money is coming in next year. Unless the Canuck Loonie crashes the deal will be even more. Forgive me for suggesting that isn't what's on MBs mind, with his grade 10.

Part of the Rogers money was actually added in this year, that's the reason the cap figure was getting debated right until the end. There should still be a notable jump next offseason but it won't be to the degree that many anticipate (just another jump somewhat similar to what this one was).

I see a lot of Bergevin-bashing by fans on Facebook, who are implying that he should just hand Subban whatever he wants I find this notion to be ridiculous without knowing what Subban's demands are. For all we know, he's asking for something ridiculous like 9.5 per....people need to calm down a little.

I would pay Subban $9.5M/year, that's what he's worth. If it was Carey Pric who was in this spot, his $6.5M/year contract would be worth $9.5M today. They are both the MVP's of the team. Sign your superstars and manage the contracts with your plugs with more scrutiny, not the other way around.

9.5m is probably what he is woth on the open market today, in two years it will be 11m or 12m. You can't compare his cap hit to Suter or Weber, their actual salaries right now with bonuses are much higher than their annual average and their term is much longer than 8 years. MB had his chance to get him cheap 2 years ago but blow it.

Having a hard time signing a player that is so high on himself that he is reffering to himself in third person and everybody starts sounding off like Bergevin is the 2nd coming of Rejean Houle. If Subban wants to remain a hab it will happen. If he doesnt then trade his sorry ass.

Why is it so forking hard to PK to sign a contract? This is the same shit we went through last time. I am beginning to wonder who is at fault here. MB is a tough negotiator but he is not stupid, he knows the value of PK. The braintrust of the Habs has many smart guys in it. Is PK still trying to hit that elusive home run and be the highest paid player in the NHL or what? Very frustrating.

Why is it so forking hard to PK to sign a contract? This is the same shit we went through last time. I am beginning to wonder who is at fault here. MB is a tough negotiator but he is not stupid, he knows the value of PK. The braintrust of the Habs has many smart guys in it. Is PK still trying to hit that elusive home run and be the highest paid player in the NHL or what? Very frustrating.

Meehan is a very tough negotiator, arguably the toughest in the business. If I had to guess, Meehan hasn't given the Habs his best offer yet, he's one of those negotiate-at-the-last-second types. As much as nothing is presently scheduled, I have to expect there will be a quiet phone call sometime tomorrow to work behind the scenes to give it one last shot with finally each sides' best offer being presented.

OK if Subban is asking for double digits, go to plan 'B' and ship Subban out for McDavid or Eichel!

Maybe he really belongs on his hometown team?

Meehan is a very tough negotiator, arguably the toughest in the business. If I had to guess, Meehan hasn't given the Habs his best offer yet, he's one of those negotiate-at-the-last-second types. As much as nothing is presently scheduled, I have to expect there will be a quiet phone call sometime tomorrow to work behind the scenes to give it one last shot with finally each sides' best offer being presented.

I sure hope you are right Brian cause otherwise, I see one major blockbuster trade coming. If PK really wants to stay in Montreal and if MB wants him to stay then as a former Prime Minister once said, they will need to put a little water in their wine.

I sure hope you are right Brian cause otherwise, I see one major blockbuster trade coming. If PK really wants to stay in Montreal and if MB wants him to stay then as a former Prime Minister once said, they will need to put a little water in their wine.

The trade option is the doomsday scenario, so to speak. Regardless of what happens between now and Sunday, it's too early to expect that. If I had to put a soft deadline for that to happen, it would be the next trade deadline which will be sometime in February. At that time, there will have been an indication on both sides as to whether or not there's an appetite for a long-term deal. If there is, they get something done. If they don't, then at that time there could be a trade. We're still 6+ months from then though, it's too early to think trade (unless it was really ugly in the hearing).

I find that most trade deadline trades are not good ones. I think that if PK is available and really I hope not but if he is I would trade him sooner than later. But it would have to be one hell of a package coming back. Can you say SID the kid? :D

I find that most trade deadline trades are not good ones. I think that if PK is available and really I hope not but if he is I would trade him sooner than later. But it would have to be one hell of a package coming back. Can you say SID the kid? :D

The only way I could see Subban being dealt before 2015 is if he says after this one year deal that no matter what, he's filing for arbitration next summer and going to UFA in 2016. We're not at that point yet. As for what they'd get in a trade? Let's save that for another day and hope in the meantime that it doesn't have to come to that.

The only way I could see Subban being dealt before 2015 is if he says after this one year deal that no matter what, he's filing for arbitration next summer and going to UFA in 2016. We're not at that point yet. As for what they'd get in a trade? Let's save that for another day and hope in the meantime that it doesn't have to come to that.

Just pure disappointment and speculation on my part Brian. I really hope these goofs can get their act together and sign PK long term, but there is a fly in the ointment somewhere.

Worse than the that. the forking laffs writers on ek's site are snickering at us with pictures of pk in a leafs uniform. So embarrassing.