Oct. 27, Habs vs Oilers, 9:30 PM

dlbalr

They had a defenceman fall down and cause a breakaway , and a fluke bounce of a goal, it is just one of those nights guys, the guys played Ok but it just wasn't our night. It is not the endo f the world. I kinda feel sorry for Calgary cause they are going to get an ass whipping. :)

thats explains the oiler goals................... whats your second EXCUSE for getting goaltended by Ben Scrivens

Guest Stogey24

oiler are a league worst giving up 3.88 a game.............. shut out the habs?

It was honestly a pathetic performance by the Habs. Pacioretty can be a fair weather player at times.

Tokarski, Emelin, Gallagher & Prust all played well.

And Moan, Weaver, Plekanec and all the P.K. crew did well also.

Oil have some skilled kids and giving up 19 shots isn't terrible, the other end of rink was another story and top forwards were not on their game (other than Gallagher with 4 shots and I also liked Galchenyuk tossing his weight around).

Not sure how you get 'pathetic' out of that, but overreaction at every loss is to be expected.

There is a reason in 100years Habs have never gone 8-1 to start a season. And the likes of Henri Richard, Larry Robinson, Jean Beliveau, Guy Lafleur, Ken Dryden couldn't ever do it; but if this team dosent do it, it is somehow pathetic, not a contender, top forwards suck....

I think they deserve a break on this one.

Guest Stogey24

Tokarski, Emelin, Gallagher & Prust all played well.

And Moan, Weaver, Plekanec and all the P.K. crew did well also.

Oil have some skilled kids and giving up 19 shots isn't terrible, the other end of rink was another story and top forwards were not on their game (other than Gallagher with 4 shots and I also liked Galchenyuk tossing his weight around).

Not sure how you get 'pathetic' out of that, but overreaction at every loss is to be expected.

It was an awful game. Obviously you didn't watch it. I could careless about the loss, it was the performance from the top players. How do you figure Plekanec played well? He caused the first goal and was -3. It was lousy to watch

I thought Habs outplayed a team in 1st period, which was good.

I had my fingers crossed they would be best start in Hab-history, but not to be.

Plekanec and crew were super on the PK!

I thought was a fun game for first half, till down 0-2 and then Oil worked hard to defend and played very well in 3rd, kudos to them.

19 shots against vs any team is good.

thats explains the oiler goals................... whats your second EXCUSE for getting goaltended by Ben Scrivens

I wasn't aware that I was making an excuse. The guys did not get enough pressure on Scrivens. They should have won this game and no body likes a loss, but calm down 30/31 we were never going to go 81 and 1. They didn't have much luck last night and sometimes the breaks go against you. They will regroup and come back tonite. We will be 9 and 2 heading back to Montreal. That sounds pretty damn good to me.

I think many of us were expecting this loss. For some reason, the Habs just can't seem to win in Edmonton. This is NOT the time to panic! Our boys are still 7-2. If they come up with another dud tonight in Calgary, then I think it might be time for some changes cough, cough sit out Bourque, cough, cough!! Get Bournival in there. The kid deserves to be there a heckuva lot more than Bourque.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to our boys rebounding tonight and for Carey to kick some Flamer ass!!!

Didn't browse the thread.

But someone has to point me out the rule or explain to me how the hell refs can deny a goal because of goalie interference and not give any penalty to the player who ran the goalie or the guy who pushed the player into the goalie.

In my opinion, If no penalty is called, the play goes on. Otherwise, the play is blown for a penalty.

Having both makes absolutely no sense to me. At all.

I wasn't aware that I was making an excuse. The guys did not get enough pressure on Scrivens. They should have won this game and no body likes a loss, but calm down 30/31 we were never going to go 81 and 1. They didn't have much luck last night and sometimes the breaks go against you. They will regroup and come back tonite. We will be 9 and 2 heading back to Montreal. That sounds pretty damn good to me.

"never going to go 81-1" lol ... true enough. "9-2 after tonight" like your confidence on a quick bounce back. cheers

I think many of us were expecting this loss. For some reason, the Habs just can't seem to win in Edmonton. This is NOT the time to panic! Our boys are still 7-2. If they come up with another dud tonight in Calgary, then I think it might be time for some changes cough, cough sit out Bourque, cough, cough!! Get Bournival in there. The kid deserves to be there a heckuva lot more than Bourque.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to our boys rebounding tonight and for Carey to kick some Flamer ass!!!

Agree. However MT does not apply the same expectaions from vets as he does from new guys. If Bournival played a couple games like Bourque has played dozens upon dozens Bournie would be a full time Bulldog.

I like the make up of coaches like Ted Nolan.............his boss in Buffalo signs Gionta to three years 12.5 million and makes him captain. By game 9 he has gone from first line to third line.

Give some credit to Edmonton. For them, they played an excellent defensive game. They put a lot of pressure on MTL, and even Yakupov was backchecking. Chances were really hard to come by.

I you have to give the Oilers some credit, I found they worked hard and kept the Habs from using their speed.

Also the worst referee job I've seen in a while...

Scrivens is on a tear. As you can see on page 1, I was worried about this game from the start. (And didn't have the heart after the loss to come back and crow about it - I can't crow about being right in a situation like this. I WANTED TO BE WRONG.)

As I mentioned, I have Scrivens as my third goalie in a fantasy league. He started off the season weak, but his last four games have been utterly dominant. The Habs were outplayed on every part of the ice -- we'd have lost with Price in net, too. But nobody should be surprised when we lose a game with our backup in net against a team with a currently very hot goalie.

Scrivens is on a tear. As you can see on page 1, I was worried about this game from the start. (And didn't have the heart after the loss to come back and crow about it - I can't crow about being right in a situation like this. I WANTED TO BE WRONG.)

As I mentioned, I have Scrivens as my third goalie in a fantasy league. He started off the season weak, but his last four games have been utterly dominant. The Habs were outplayed on every part of the ice -- we'd have lost with Price in net, too. But nobody should be surprised when we lose a game with our backup in net against a team with a currently very hot goalie.

I can make an even worse story. I had Scrivens and did not take him off the bench and put him in active. I lost over 16 points. :wall: :wall: