Carey Price..Hart Trophy?

ICEWATER77

Ah yes, the Con Smythe is THE player trophy of all trophies.

Would not care if he was left off the ballot for Hart, if he wins Con Smythe. Agreed.

Sounds about right.

Agreed about the ConnSmythe. To me, it's the most important individual trophy! There's a reason King Patrick is the only player to ever win it 3 times!

Don't worry all know you have been beating the MVP drum for awhile! :thumbs_up:

I would still be very happy for Price, if he 'just' gets Vezina. (that and a Cup fills resume out nicely, with/without an MVP)

Don't worry all know you have been beating the MVP drum for awhile! :thumbs_up:

I would still be very happy for Price, if he 'just' gets Vezina. (that and a Cup fills resume out nicely, with/without an MVP)

ha! you guys are a blast "PRICE FOR CON SMYTHE, PRICE "just" FOR VEZINA, PRICE FOR STANLEY" !! WOOHOO!

then, "PRICE FOR MVP OF THE LEAGUE" nah, you're crazy, anyways who cares about Hart .

:rofl:

:flaming:

Price for Conn Smythe is a great rallying cry, as it would rather guarantee 25. (How often does the Conn Smythe go to a player on the team that lost the cup?)

When it does, it's because of a goalie (Giguere, Hextall) or because of something significant (Reggie Leach scored 19 goals in the post-season).

Price for Conn Smythe is a great rallying cry, as it would rather guarantee 25. (How often does the Conn Smythe go to a player on the team that lost the cup?)

as Price for hart has been all season. Having the most valuable player in the league over 82 games just might give you a better chance at the cup....no? ha!

But yes , the con smythe !!.......... usually wait till play offs for that "rally cry"

#99 had 9 MVPs, can that ever be topped?

(Ovi has 3 and Crosby has long way to go with only 2)

Last goalie to win one was a Hab, so would be quite nice to see another Hab win it; but just seems slim chance and way too early to call?

"way to early to call"

"why wait"

Yes it still is too early to call. Another strong 15 starts and Id give Price maybe 50% chance.

he's already in the lead "why wait"

how about this Don............after the votes are in and the trophy is handed out.......make the call.

its a P-R-E-D-I-C-T-I-O-N ............. key being PRE

• Upvote 1

He owns every game he is in right now

You are absolutely correct. It is all going his way right now, let's keep it up for oh say another 36 to 40 games. and a conn smythe is ours.

Giordano would have to fall off the planet to lose it. Subban should be nominated I would think. Although he had a slow first quarter.

Step 1, Giordano has fallen off the planet. Step 2, Subban rips it up the rest of the season. Step 3, Norris #2

• Upvote 1

It really looks like Price has a good shot at the Hart, but will probably got to Ovie cause he will get 50+ goals. The Vezina is within his grasp right now. The Conn Smythe not too far away. :)

Seems like Price is gonna walk away with Vezina and looks like he and Ovechkin must be the 2 front runners for MVP.

Don't forget about Tavares, he is currently leading the league in scoring and has like 24 more points than the next guy on his division leading team. I am putting my money on him, and I think alot of people would like to see him win it. Price is certainly worthy of winning, but him actually winning is a different story. There are just some that believe a goalie should not win it, and will not cast their vote for him. Although if he continues at this pace and the Habs still win games without scoring many goals, it may be undeniable for him not to win.

But Tavares, Ovi, Backstrom all same points, bout 70 and none will not reach 100, so no real 'outstanding' offense season, cept Ovechkin's piling up 50+ goals once again.

Don't forget about Tavares, he is currently leading the league in scoring and has like 24 more points than the next guy on his division leading team. I am putting my money on him, and I think alot of people would like to see him win it. Price is certainly worthy of winning, but him actually winning is a different story. There are just some that believe a goalie should not win it, and will not cast their vote for him. Although if he continues at this pace and the Habs still win games without scoring many goals, it may be undeniable for him not to win.

Getzlaf was your last pick, and you did not even mention Tavares then. Now Getz out Taveras in.

Thats actually a small example of who has been MVP for october through march...............Price. 2nd Rinne

Getzlaf was your last pick, and you did not even mention Tavares then. Now Getz out Taveras in.

Thats actually a small example of who has been MVP for october through march...............Price. 2nd Rinne

I had Rinne ahead of Price a couple months ago, but Price has pulled ahead of him. Getzlaf was my pick but he got injured and has been struggling ever since. You do realize that there are peaks and valleys for each player right? Price started slow out of the gate and has been gradually getting better all season. There are a number of forwards that can go on a hot streak to end the season and take down the Hart. And like I said, if nobody really stands out that much, and Price continues on the way he has been, it may be undeniable to keep it from him.