What will it take to make Habs a better club?

DON

said that long ago. HE IS NOT A TRUE NUMBER ONE CENTER..............got blasted for it on here. By bias i mean that i have given up on pleks after years of poor play off games and all but disappearing in elimination games. Would like to have him as a second or third line center.

"the problem with pleks is he is our best center when he should be our second best" yes. which also can be stated like this.......... One of the major problems with montreal is Plekanic is their best center. They will never win a cup till that changes. That's calling a spade a spade.

Yes in case you need even more clarification. That is knock on our Habs.

All poor Turtleneck did was prove once again how badly we need a better center to play in his spot.

Ok so we agree... Problem is if you read your endless texts most would say they come to the conclusion that you believe plex sucks... And Not that he's our best C... But let's move on.

Also, if we bring in a better center to replace him as the 1C won't this be a sideways move and create another hole in the 2nd spot? If we are serious about contending for a cup plex should be staying and we should be dealing DD and or Eller! Otherwise we will need 2 new top Centers and will be pretty much overhauling a very successful hockey club!

Centre depth

The new guy;)

Plex

Delarose

Mitchell*

Flynn*

McCarron

And AG27 being the wildcard...

On a side note Guy Lafleur endorsed AG27 to play C, but he's been known to have less hockey sense then on ice talent... JUst think of his absurd comments about max 67 LY!

Guest Stogey24

Guy also said Gallagher should be captain. He said it shouldn't be how many goals you score that makes you a captain. I kind of took that as a stab at Max.

Guy also said Gallagher should be captain. He said it shouldn't be how many goals you score that makes you a captain. I kind of took that as a stab at Max.

for sure it was and then he followed up with patches can't do it all on his own...

I read that. Refs hate Gallagher. Right or wrong, the best captain is one that the officials are going to respect. I think Pacioretty is the guy. Hands down

pacioretty should be captain hands down... unless markov wants it

Guy was a great hockey player, but nobody ever said he was the brightest bunny in the bunch. I can't recall him ever being a coach or GM, so his viewpoint is not a heck of a lot better than any of ours. He is fan.

Didn't Radulov go out drinking with Kostitsyn the night before a playoff game? If so, THAT would be the red flag for me. Still, we need offensive talent, so the risk could be worthwhile.

He did, and Trotz made a dumb decision to scracth them both and the Predators were out in the game after next.

I'd take a flyer on one of these "low character winger." If the Habs have as much character as they say, shouldn't they be able to absorb a Kostitsyn or a Radulov, or maybe get them to buy in?

Habs30 I honestly think your wish is going to come true with Plekanec this offseason. His value is high and on an expiring contract. M.B is a cut throat g.m, if the right trade comes along Plek will be traded.

He might disappear from the board like some posters did when Rene Bourque got traded...

Ok so we agree... Problem is if you read your endless texts most would say they come to the conclusion that you believe plex sucks... And Not that he's our best C... But let's move on.

Also, if we bring in a better center to replace him as the 1C won't this be a sideways move and create another hole in the 2nd spot? If we are serious about contending for a cup plex should be staying and we should be dealing DD and or Eller! Otherwise we will need 2 new top Centers and will be pretty much overhauling a very successful hockey club!

Centre depth

The new guy;)

Plex

Delarose

Mitchell*

Flynn*

McCarron

And AG27 being the wildcard...

On a side note Guy Lafleur endorsed AG27 to play C, but he's been known to have less hockey sense then on ice talent... JUst think of his absurd comments about max 67 LY!

Maybe he is like a lot of hab fans who by now are just hoping he can become a better center than winger...........because after three years, he aint that good a winger.

Maybe he is like a lot of hab fans who by now are just hoping he can become a better center than winger...........because after three years, he aint that good a winger.

pleks ? yes lets move on.indeed :thumbs_up:

He did, and Trotz made a dumb decision to scracth them both and the Predators were out in the game after next.

I'd take a flyer on one of these "low character winger." If the Habs have as much character as they say, shouldn't they be able to absorb a Kostitsyn or a Radulov, or maybe get them to buy in?

He might disappear from the board like some posters did when Rene Bourque got traded...

Hahahah!

No way. Could not stand Gorges or Gionta and i'm still here after MB sent them packing. Like he will do to TP after that sad play off performance.

Although i did notice a few guys "disappeared? from the play off predictions thread. Right after their picks went south. :nuts:

Macarron is playing center and doing well at it, maybe he blossoms and turns into that big center we need. You can't call him a smurf, at least not to his face.

Macarron is playing center and doing well at it, maybe he blossoms and turns into that big center we need. You can't call him a smurf, at least not to his face.

Liked what i saw of him in pre season last year. Against Bruins he was best player on the ice, then got injured in third period.

Has looked good if not slow at memorial cup tourney.

I thought dlbalr mentioned Habs not 100% sold on McCarron being at centre?

Maybe he just isn't quick enough to ever make it as a pro centre?

Unlike a delaRose who can really skate well.

Big guys look slower than they actually are..it's called having deceptive speed. In fact, the only big forward I can think of that actually looks fast is Chimera. Heck even Mario Lemieux was labelled a floater early in his career

Big guys look slower than they actually are..it's called having deceptive speed. In fact, the only big forward I can think of that actually looks fast is Chimera. Heck even Mario Lemieux was labelled a floater early in his career

Donald Breashear won the fastest skater contest back in the days during Habs annual skills contest.

He was labeled a floater, because of his not getting back to defensive zone and hanging around the blue line. I had never heard him called slow.

Donald Breashear won the fastest skater contest back in the days during Habs annual skills contest.

that just tells how sad of a team that was.

Most promising big fellows are noted as "good skater...for his size".

And big difference between speed and quickness, which vast majority of big guys lack (same in baseball, not many 230- 240lbers steal bases). McDavid's quickness is his biggest + they noted, his first three strides.

Even Lucic can get up to good speed in a straight line, but like McCarron is a lumbering skater overall.

McCarron is quite talented. Moves up center ice like it's nothing, knows where to go in the offensive zone. The real issue with his skating ability is he might be one Chipchura type injury from slowing down considerably.

Then again we as Habs fans always exaggerated how bad Chip became. Had he stayed with the Habs we never would have had to make moves for guys like Metro and Malhotra.

Most promising big fellows are noted as "good skater...for his size".

And big difference between speed and quickness, which vast majority of big guys lack (same in baseball, not many 230- 240lbers steal bases). McDavid's quickness is his biggest + they noted, his first three strides.

Even Lucic can get up to good speed in a straight line, but like McCarron is a lumbering skater overall.

kreider is 6'3' 230lb and fast as lightning

I'm deceptively smart. My comments look really uninformed , unintelligent and uninsteresting, but this is just how they come across to living people. :rofl:

I'm deceptively smart. My comments look really uninformed , unintelligent and uninsteresting, but this is just how they come across to living people. :rofl:

Yes but some of us "living people" can read between the lines on your awesome and sometimes hilarious "comments".

I thought dlbalr mentioned Habs not 100% sold on McCarron being at centre?

Maybe he just isn't quick enough to ever make it as a pro centre?

Unlike a delaRose who can really skate well.

Not sure anyone still in junior is assured as a center shoe-in.

Yes but some of us "living people" can read between the lines on your awesome and sometimes hilarious "comments".

Aha!! ya see.. a living person saw through my act! Genius!