New York Islanders vs. Montreal Canadiens | November 5th, 2015 | 7:30 EST

Habsfan84

So Weise will be next years Clarkson contract? Or will he slow down soon and fall back into a 30-35 point winger?

Dont think he will be a hab next season.

Before tonight, Weise was on pace for about 40 goals on 19% shooting

Even putting him back at his career average for shooting percentage, his shot totals are way up, so he'd be around 20 goal pace.

Obviously 40 isn't happening and isn't sustainable, but the guy could very well be becoming a 20 goal guy.

Guest Stogey24

Isles usually shoot a lot and we kept them to under 20.

Habs fans need to realize we are the best team in the NHL.

I've said this before, but this team will only get better with a healthy Kassian. He could be perfect beside Chucky

15gms (18% of season) 25pts, +28, on pace for 137pt season. :clap:

Awesome. We are a playoff team and at this point, the conversation is already turning to how deep we're going to go in the second season.

As was pointed out though during one of the intermissions, the RW 2nd line hole is gaping right now. Is Kassian the right guy to fix it? Not so sure. This might be where MB can wheel one of our extra D for a solid veteran scorer who'll add some playoff intangibles.

Guest Stogey24

This is starting to feel like 2008.... great offense but one clear hole at RW

That was the OMG HOSSA trade deadline

Who will it be this year, and will bergevin be able to close the deal.

You mentioned Iginla before. He'd be a nice little fit

Iginla as been brought in as the missing piece three times. Each times those teams got worse with him. I rather get someone younger who is a better longer term fit and isn't on his last legs.

You mentioned Iginla before. He'd be a nice little fit

Guest Stogey24

Iginla as been brought in as the missing piece three times. Each times those teams got worse with him. I rather get someone younger who is a better longer term fit and isn't on his last legs.

What are you taking about? He's lit it up with every team he's gone to. 1st place in reg season with Pittsburgh and Eastern Final(without Sid for awhile) while being almost point per game, led Boston in goals in regular season and playoffs, led Colorado in points and goals last year. Maan, he really brings teams down

What are you taking about? He's lit it up with ever team he's gone to. 1st in reg season with Pittsburgh and Eastern Final(without Sid for awhile)almost point per game, led Boston in goals in regular season and playoffs, led Colorado in points and goals last year. Maan, he really brings teams down

I would take Iggy in a second.

Hope MB pursues it.

He was brought in for the playoffs. He did squat for the pens. Bruins didn't advance further in the playoffs with him, Avs missed the playoffs.

Couldn't give a rats ass about the regular season.

After 2004 he's been like his ex-teammates bowmeester and jokininen when it comes to the playoffs.

What are you taking about? He's lit it up with every team he's gone to. 1st place in reg season with Pittsburgh and Eastern Final(without Sid for awhile) while being almost point per game, led Boston in goals in regular season and playoffs, led Colorado in points and goals last year. Maan, he really brings teams down

I am a fan that's all about play offs too. So I see where H29 is coming from as far as the real measure being play off performance. But I do not agree that we should not pick him up (Iggy) because he did not help Boston and Pitt win a cup.

However if you think Iggy sucked in play offs for the last three years, regular season be damned .............be interesting to hear what you think of our Canadiens forwards in that same 3 year time span?............without "giving a rats ass about regular season" that is.

Has there been one any better than old Iggy has been ?

Maybe he comes here just as the stars are aligning for long play off run ?? I'll defer to you buddy.

I didn't see the proponents of "The regular season doesn't matter! Only the playoffs!" clammoring to keep Daniel Briere a couple years ago. He had an excellent playoff run with us, considering the very limited ice time Therrien gave him. Through his entire career, Briere was the epitome of a "playoff performer."

I am a fan thats all about play offs too. So i see where you are coming from.

However if you think Iggy sucked in play offs for three years reg season be damned .............interested to hear what you think of our habs forwards in that same 3 year time span............without "giving a rats ass about regular season" that is?

Has there been one any better than old Iggy?

That's why I'm not a DD fan. He's down squat in the playoffs. I give pleks a pass, because he was in a defensive shutdown role and until lady year, where he absolutely sucked, he did his job.

Iggy was brought in to the pens to go all the way. He sucked and had zero chemistry with Mallon or Crosby. Next year he went to the bruins, and they did better with older Jagr the year before. The Avs brought Iggy in and they regressed and missed the playoffs. I know it's not all on Iggy- they have zero defence and a lot of players took a step back. But it's been a long time since iggybmadevhis team or teammates better. Like bouwmeedter and Jokinen he has produced for the past ten years, but has pretty much been a loser.

Back when Theodore beat him out for the Hart, there was a huge outcry in Cslgary that Iggy should have won and that he was screwed over by a Montreal voter who didn't vote for him. Which is bullshit. A guy whode team missed the playoffs, doesn't deserve to be in the Hart conversation. I don't care about iggys career numbers. What had he ever won. I'd much rather get Jagr if we get an old man, and have been vocal every year about him.

The point is - what has he friggin ever won????

He also has another year left on his contract.

Lol, it's crazy that anyone would bash Iginla. The guy fights, hits, scores. He'd be huge for this team

Briere was washed up when he came here and never should have been signed, after he chose philly over us when he was an actual productive player.

I didn't see the proponents of "The regular season doesn't matter! Only the playoffs!" clammoring to keep Daniel Briere a couple years ago. He had an excellent playoff run with us, considering the very limited ice time Therrien gave him. Through his entire career, Briere was the epitome of a "playoff performer."

This is starting to feel like 2008.... great offense but one clear hole at RW

That was the OMG HOSSA trade deadline

Who will it be this year, and will bergevin be able to close the deal.

If they're looking for the rental option, someone like Vrbata (who they had interest in before) and Hudler (if Calgary falters) come to mind. Mikkel Boedker has played a bit of RW (though a left shot) and also might be someone they'd want to try to extend like Petry beyond this season.

Are we the best team in the NHL? Discuss.

Wins: 12 (1st) all wins ROW

Losses: 2 (T-1st)

Goals For: 55 (1st)

Goals Against: 27 (T-2nd)

Shots: 458 (1st)

Goal differential: +28 (2nd Place is +13)

Powerplay: 25% (4th)

Penalty Kill: 89.8% (2nd)

Faceoff %: 49.9% (18th)

Shots Per Game %: 30.5% (10th)

Shots Against Per Game %: 29.1% (13th)

Shooting Percentage: 12% (1st)

Goals Per Period: All Periods (1st)

Top 50 Left Wingers: Pacioretty (6th), Fleischmann (11th),

Top 50 Right Wingers: Gallagher (6th), Weise (7th),

Top 50 Centres: Plekanec (3rd), Desharnais (7th), Galchenyuk (35th)

Top 50 Defencemen: Subban (2nd), Markov (2nd), Petry (34th)

Goalie Wins: Price (T-1st with 7 wins)

Goalie Save %: Condon (7th), Price (11th)

Goalie Shutouts: Price (T-1st with 2)

Wins: 12 (1st) all wins ROW

Losses: 2 (T-1st)

Goals For: 55 (1st)

Goals Against: 27 (T-2nd)

Shots: 458 (1st)

Goal differential: +28 (2nd Place is +13)

Powerplay: 25% (4th)

Penalty Kill: 89.8% (2nd)

Faceoff %: 49.9% (18th)

Shots Per Game %: 30.5% (10th)

Shots Against Per Game %: 29.1% (13th)

Shooting Percentage: 12% (1st)

Goals Per Period: All Periods (1st)

Top 50 Left Wingers: Pacioretty (6th), Fleischmann (11th),

Top 50 Right Wingers: Gallagher (6th), Weise (7th),

Top 50 Centres: Plekanec (3rd), Desharnais (7th), Galchenyuk (35th)

Top 50 Defencemen: Subban (2nd), Markov (2nd), Petry (34th)

Goalie Wins: Price (T-1st with 7 wins)

Goalie Save %: Condon (7th), Price (11th)

Goalie Shutouts: Price (T-1st with 2)

One month in is too soon to say.

Standings show we have the most points, so we have done the best for the first four weeks.

I'll say this. We are a better team than we were last season at this time. Having a great fourth line is HUGE.

Or Rene Bourque. Or Mike Cammalleri, the best Canadiens playoff scorer in the past 30 years. Or Brian Gionta, who was a huge playoff scorer for us as well.