Dec. 12 - Ottawa vs Habs

JoeLassister

Well... Okay.

No one here really like it when I have to step in with an actual game day thread. It means that we're on a 4 games losing streak and in desperate needs for a win.

But here we are.

Now, I might not be going to the game tonight with my girlfriend (we're on a 7-0 record at the Bell Centre together), but I brought you a little something that should help. In fact, if she fails tonight, we're probably looking at a 10 to 15 games losing streak.

You guessed it.

sarah_walker.jpg

Game at 7ish.

CBC, TVASports, CITY

On Radio as well, probably 98,5 fm, not sure. Anyway, don't listen to the game on radio cuz Martin McGuire describes the games as if every shots any team take is a Game 7 overtime Stanley Cup scoring chance. It's too much for your poor heart.

• Upvote 2

I don't know why they wouldn't try ghetto, Hudon or Carr in the Byron/Weisse spots.

Beaulieu is in for Pateryn, that's the only lineup change from last game. Eller and Pacioretty have flipped spots, meaning those lines are now Pacioretty-Plekanec-Byron and Eller-Galchenyuk-Weise.

I don't know why they wouldn't try ghetto, Hudon or Carr in the Byron/Weisse spots.

They had Andrighetto with Eller and Galchenyuk with regularity up until a few games ago. I'm a bit surprised they didn't get reunited but that would have pushed Weise to the 4th line which I don't think is an acceptable option in the eyes of the coaches. For Hudon/Carr, it comes down to playing a position they're not used to. Add that with the pressure of facing top checkers on a #1 line and it's a tough spot to put them in. Byron doesn't have the upside but he's the safer choice.

I know, why is Byron a 100% every day player now?

The only healthy scratch up front is Thomas. I'll take Byron over him any day.

How about moving Galchenyuk to the wing and call up Big Mac?

McCarron's in a slump right now. I watched their game last night and he did not look good. This isn't the time to try him.

Last year the Habs opted to keep Hudon down no matter what. I think that might be the case with McCarron this season.

Byron has been one of our bigger offensive threats lately.... I don't get the complaint.

He's in the top 6 cause he is quite simply playing better than the kids recently. He's created a lot of chances with his speed and passing.

Is it the long term answer? of course not... but right now he's playing better than what Thomas, Carr or Hudon showed. Andrighetto is the only one of the rookies who has done as much as Byron in terms of generating chances, but even there its about even, and Byron is better defensively and can be trusted.

Byron also playing 2minutes/gam eon the PK, he gift-wrapped a breakaway again last game. Not sure why some are complaining about his play, but Weise is one who seems to of forgotten what got him off the checking lines.

Byron also playing 2minutes/gam eon the PK, he gift-wrapped a breakaway again last game. Not sure why some are complaining about his play, but Weise is one who seems to of forgotten what got him off the checking lines.

Typical of Weisse - God love him, but he's never gonna be a consistent offensive threat. At most he's a Chris Higgins type who can occasionally rise to the higher lines.