Dec. 17, Kings vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Clearly the problem is the lack of capable finishers in our top 6; we need to trade for someone who can put the puck in the net NOW. Shots mean f@#kall when you can't put them past the goaltender more than once in a blue moon, and that's where this team is at.

Is it time to worry or is this just a drought. They seem to be playing ok, just can't find the net.

They have to get Sven and Byron out of the top-6. A decent PP would help, they have one PP goal in December. Something has to give. The goalies are putting up a combined save percentage of .880, so it's just a pile of suck all around.

Great to hear the Bruins fans whooping it up being a few back. Now there's a team that's going to be pricked like a helium balloon. .500 in December. Tuukka has an other world .975 in that timespan, and Gustavsson has lost his last three starts. Hmmm...

Guest Stogey24

They have to get Sven and Byron out of the top-6. A decent PP would help, they have one PP goal in December. Something has to give. The goalies are putting up a combined save percentage of .880, so it's just a pile of suck all around.

Great to hear the Bruins fans whooping it up being a few back. Now there's a team that's going to be pricked like a helium balloon. .500 in December. Tuukka has an other world .975 in that timespan, and Gustavsson has lost his last three starts. Hmmm...

Sven did the same thing last year. He had hot start, then completely fell off.

Bergevin has pinched his pennies so hard he basically has a tattoo of Queen Elizabeth on his finger tips. It's time to decide if this team is a legit cup contender. We've all said it on here, but the window of opportunity isn't getting any bigger.

Great to see Beaulieu play 22:30 and with 4minutes on the PP, but zero shots for him and again with couple dumb turnovers and still a work in progress.

Weise had 8 shots and Byron had 7 hits while the leaders Plekanec, Subban and Pacioretty all were -2.

So what's the solution here?

They aren't going to just let them suck the bag for the next month until Price is back, right?

I'm sure Bergevin's looking for help but it seems to be a lot harder to make trades this year (as evidenced by the fact there have been what, three all year...and the Habs made one of them). I think the options out there right now are just depth guys, not so much the impact player they could use.

Sven did the same thing last year. He had hot start, then completely fell off.

He had one good chance last night but otherwise was ineffective. I'd consider giving him tomorrow off and giving Hudon another look.

Is it time to worry or is this just a drought. They seem to be playing ok, just can't find the net.

Well, I've been swamped with work and have - maybe fortunately - not been able to watch a lot of hockey lately. So to some degree I'm speaking in ignorance; on the other hand, maybe this detachment from the immediate disappointment of watching the Habs lose brings more objectivity. So what I'll say is this: the team is decimated with injuries, to key players as well as to significant role players; yet by all accounts, we're still playing well, just not scoring. Coaches always say you have to focus on the process, not the end result. If the process is sound, the wins will come, especially when we start getting the pieces back.

It's fine to say that we need to go out and get a scorer, etc.; and we all know the team needs a legit top-6 option at RW, even when everyone is healthy. But it seems to me that Plekanec, Desharnais, Pacioretty, Subban, and Margarine are all proven NHL producers. They're not going to be held off the score-sheet forever. What we're seeing is a combination of injuries and slumps. It happens to every team.

So: let's not over-react. We're a good team going through a bad patch.

• Upvote 1

Well, I've been swamped with work and have - maybe fortunately - not been able to watch a lot of hockey lately. So to some degree I'm speaking in ignorance; on the other hand, maybe this detachment from the immediate disappointment of watching the Habs lose brings more objectivity. So what I'll say is this: the team is decimated with injuries, to key players as well as to significant role players; yet by all accounts, we're still playing well, just not scoring. Coaches always say you have to focus on the process, not the end result. If the process is sound, the wins will come, especially when we start getting the pieces back.

It's fine to say that we need to go out and get a scorer, etc.; and we all know the team needs a legit top-6 option at RW, even when everyone is healthy. But it seems to me that Plekanec, Desharnais, Pacioretty, Subban, and Margarine are all proven NHL producers. They're not going to be held off the score-sheet forever. What we're seeing is a combination of injuries and slumps. It happens to every team.

It's a balance basically. We were absolutely hot in October, now we're cold in December. The difference is puck luck and health.

Guest Stogey24

I'll reiterate how encouraging our third period was. We went down two goals in quick succession that could have demoralized us, instead we came out and dominated a very good team.

This team's overall play isn't the issue. Burying the puck is

Shots are nice but they don't win games. We need a goal scorer, not another goalie.

We do need another scorer.

That said even without getting another we wont see too many 45 save shutouts. Those are rare (even if there were two in the nhl last night).

Agree completely.

We keep playing this way and wins will come.

This game and the washington game were very similar. We were the clear better team in both and those are legit cup contenders.

Agree completely.

We keep playing this way and wins will come.

This game and the washington game were very similar. We were the clear better team in both and those are legit cup contenders.

If we can outplay those teams even without our best RW, our best goalie, and some key role-players, then we are contenders for sure.

Moral victories don't do it for me. Good teams find a way to win. It is not that they aren't trying it is the lack of scoring talent. We need another scorer with or without Gallagher. The Gm has known this to be a problem for a number of years. He has not solved that problem yet. Tried the bargain bin way, that did not work. Go get a forking scorer now dammit. ok maybe after the freeze.