"The Habs Fans Speak Their Mind" - A Musical GDT

Lovett's Magnatones

MacCarron reminded me of Pete Mahovlich in the first. So nice to have that size, Not that Pete was tall but he was broad and always looked big to me.

Pete was 6' 5" 220 pounds. In those days he was one of the biggest guys in the league.

I suspect that a couple more wins and these game threads will get busier again. I am a sucker for punishment, but I am still watching the standings. 20 games is a lot of time to make up 5 points. I am certain I will be disappointed, but hey a man can dream.

Yes they won, not a real tough opponent though.

McCarron had a good game, too bad he only had 10minutes, but Chucky and Eller had better minutes.

Danault also looked fine.

Pete was 6' 5" 220 pounds. In those days he was one of the biggest guys in the league.

That is probably why he minded me of him. Seemed to follow the play into the offensive zone the way Pete use to. It just clicked in my mind as I watched, "Hey, is that #20?" I am glad he is being kept up, he is a big piece in the puzzle if he fits. I also really like Eller Chucky and Andrighetto together and am hoping that line sticks.I am in the keep Eller camp by the way. He needs top minutes, not 3rd line duty.

Guest Stogey24

That is probably why he minded me of him. Seemed to follow the play into the offensive zone the way Pete use to. It just clicked in my mind as I watched, "Hey, is that #20?" I am glad he is being kept up, he is a big piece in the puzzle if he fits. I also really like Eller Chucky and Andrighetto together and am hoping that line sticks.I am in the keep Eller camp by the way. He needs top minutes, not 3rd line duty.

Eller has been one of the best forwads lately. He deserves some credit.

He's playing well.

Not like we've never seen him play well for short stretches before.

The problem with eller is that those short stretches never add up to a reasonable total over 82 games.

Ahh but hope springs eternal. :rolleyes:

I really don't see how this team can afford to lose the depth with size at center, and I would rather see DD bought out than Eller traded for dirt.

Because you need to be consistent to deserve top minutes with top linemates.

You mean like DD has been consistently bad?

Neither DD or Eller belong in the top six today, but DD showed consistency back in 2010-2011, which is why he jumped Gomez and took a top six spot. Alex Galchenyuk pushed himself from third line to top six. Brendan Gallagher earned it early. Heck this year Daniel Carr and Sven Andrighetto have shown more consistency than Lars Eller has.

"Lars Eller hasn't got a fair shot" is hilarious at this point. He's on the mark to do his usual 25-30 point season. Lars Eller will never evolve.

What percentage of 3rd liners get 30 points? Crosby would have a hard time getting 30 points paying 3rd line minutes with DSP and Feischman as his wingers. He has deserved the second line center spot over DD all season and if he had been given that roll his numbers would be higher. He has always looked good to me when on the ice with Chucky and has been looking real good again with him lately. So he can't put up 50 points with Weise, DSP, Byron and Flesh. Who could?

Lars is a third liner. He occasionally goes on a little tear in which he looks like more than that, but do did Benoit Brunet. All of this is as obvious as the beard on Bergevin's face. Whether he is a overpaid third liner is the only question.

I don't know what it is about Eller that makes all these fans mollycoddle him like a little baby, poor wee Lars, never got a chance, wah wah wah. Must be that baby face of his. I agree with Machine, the whole Lars as Victim narrative is laughable.

Not going to be drawn into a last word argument with you. I will just totally disagree with you on your assessment of Lars Eller. There are players who need top line minutes to play their best. That is a fact that can't be denied. I feel he is one of them and has never had that chance for any extended period of time. You are welcome to your view. I won't be crying if he gets traded though. We need a shake up.

DD has pictures of MT doing something illegal...it's the only possible explanation for why he continues to get quality minutes while playing like sh!t consistently.

I agree with those saying Lars is a 3rd line player...he does not have 2nd line 'stuff'. I do think he could be a very productive 3rd line player if he had quality 3rd line linemates that complimented his game.

This always devolves into the Eller bashers turning the point into whether or not he is top 6...

I said that the Habs can't afford to lose a center of his size and attributes right now.

3rd line center is just fine for his role, and he is a useful player in that capacity, that's it...

He hasn't been near as dismal as say DD, and some say DD is a good 3rd line center, but they must mean on most midget teams... he couldn't shut down a 14 yr old Mcdavid.

Lars can be a decent shut down center, and has proven he is indeed a better NHL player than DD in this time, in my opinion, especially in defensive assignments.

It's really no contest.