Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Montreal Canadiens | October 27th, 2016 | 7:30 EST

Habsfan84

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious to see what the lines combos will be since Therrien shuffled them for tonight's NYI game:

Byron - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Lehkonen - Plekanec - Radulov

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Shaw

Danault - Mitchell - Flynn

This is going to be a big test for the guys. Can they keep it rolling? of course they can. Bear down and out skate them, run the goalie, Emelin or Weber line up Stampkos and drop him like a sck of potatoes.

:gohabsgo::hyper::1gohabs:

10 hours ago, habs rule said:

This is going to be a big test for the guys. Can they keep it rolling? of course they can. Bear down and out skate them, run the goalie, Emelin or Weber line up Stampkos and drop him like a sck of potatoes.

:gohabsgo::hyper::1gohabs:

Run the goalie?...bush league stuff they don't need to resort to. How bout just outscore them somehow.

What will they do if Galchenyuk cant handle the #1 centre spot full time? He cant be losing 7 of every 10 faceoffs and needs to start shooting more.

54 minutes ago, DON said:

Run the goalie?...bush league stuff they don't need to resort to. How bout just outscore them somehow.

What will they do if Galchenyuk cant handle the #1 centre spot full time? He cant be losing 7 of every 10 faceoffs and needs to start shooting more.

The only in-house options are Plek or DD.

2 hours ago, DON said:

You are so easy to get going, I knew you couldn't resist that one.:D

1 hour ago, habs rule said:

You are so easy to get going, I knew you couldn't resist that one.:D

I really just hope they can give a good effort and not be outskated by a rested team...as well don't forget about and leave Stamkos open in his and Ovechkin's favourite spot.

1 minute ago, DON said:

I really just hope they can give a good effort and not be outskated by a rested team...as well don't forget about and leave Stamkos open in his and Ovechkin's favourite spot.

yeah and they need Gally Shaw and whoever else to be in the goalies face. Reek havoc, have fun.

2 hours ago, habs rule said:

yeah and they need Gally Shaw and whoever else to be in the goalies face. Reek havoc, have fun.

I guess I keep forgetting #6 will be patrolling the slot and I assume will be matched up every shift with Stamkos, so maybe Stevie should put a bit more padding on and get ready for a new bruise or two.

Tampa's defense has all of 1g, which is from Hedman, so likely would be prudent to play him a bit tighter than the others. 

:1gohabs:

1 minute ago, DON said:

I guess I keep forgetting #6 will be patrolling the slot and I assume will be matched up every shift with Stamkos, so maybe Stevie should put a bit more padding on and get ready for a new bruise or two.

Tampa's defense has all of 1g, which is from Hedman, so likely would be prudent to play him a bit tighter than the others. 

:1gohabs:

I really like Weber, i just wish it did not cost the black guy to do it.

31 minutes ago, C-Love said:

Sitting at my hotel waiting for the game. Took the tour today, beyond excited to get to the rink!!

Game is in 2 hours,  go to Bier Markt !

After rolling four lines consistently for the last few games, the Habs don't seem to be doing that tonight.  All three fourth liners were under three minutes each in the first period.  (In other words, the fourth line is actually getting fourth line minutes.)

It has been a very tight checking game from two very similarly-styled teams.  The Habs look like they're running out of gas which is a bit surprising since they rolled four lines pretty evenly yesterday.  Big penalty kill to start the third period - they need to kill it off if they want to have a chance tonight.