Andrew Shaw Contract

BCHabnut

On 2016-10-29 at 5:59 PM, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

"Poor Larry"...that about sums up the bizarrely mothering attitude so many fans directed to this bland, forgettable, and ultimately disappointing player. I could never understand it.

Nothing against him, but I really couldn't give a whoop about his future career one way or the other.

He is earning big money and he is healthy. Two 2nd rounders for him was a steal and a great trade...

On 29/10/2016 at 9:59 AM, illWill said:

I dislike the contract but like his jam. One of the goals that was scored the other night started from his forecheck where he basically shoved the guy out of his way to get the puck

Then he made the pass back to the point. He's a great kid and he may be slightly overpaid but he makes the Habs harder to play against. 

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Hot Take: He's the new David Clarkson

;)

7yr $36.25 vs 6yr $23.4, I know grade 3 math might be difficult for some, but come on!:wacko: 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, JMMR said:

Kirk is struggling for sure, he will work hard to adjust and improve you can count on that.

I don't think Mr Muller is struggling at all. He has made a big difference to this team and will continue to do so.

29 minutes ago, habs rule said:

I don't think Mr Muller is struggling at all. He has made a big difference to this team and will continue to do so.

PP is 16th, but team is 4th in goals/game, so not where he would like his PP to be, but hopefully it will come.

37 minutes ago, DON said:

PP is 16th, but team is 4th in goals/game, so not where he would like his PP to be, but hopefully it will come.

Well he does have to deal with the fact it has been forked up for years.

12 minutes ago, habs rule said:

Well he does have to deal with the fact it has been forked up for years.

Yes, that darn Gerard Gallant left it a mess that no one can seem to fix, at least not for past 3 years anyways.

Oh I think I was misunderstood. Kirk has done wonders as the go between early on between the players and MT. What I intended to convey was that Kirk can't be happy with the PP. They are employing the Blues zone gaining tactic by drop passing to a player with speed but the Habs don't have it down to a science yet. 

Kirk is a wonderful man, a great leader and a true saint. 

1 hour ago, JMMR said:

Oh I think I was misunderstood. Kirk has done wonders as the go between early on between the players and MT. What I intended to convey was that Kirk can't be happy with the PP. They are employing the Blues zone gaining tactic by drop passing to a player with speed but the Habs don't have it down to a science yet. 

Seems many teams are trying this and seems to be ineffective.

Kirk is a wonderful man, . Havent heard anything other than this.

• 1 month later...

Andrew Shaw playing pretty decent now eh fellas?

Best forward plus minus, working harder than Gallagher in the corners. Winning ton's of puck battles. Drawing penalties. Most hits of any forward by a country mile. 

30 minutes ago, JMMR said:

Andrew Shaw playing pretty decent now eh fellas?

Best forward plus minus, working harder than Gallagher in the corners. Winning ton's of puck battles. Drawing penalties. Most hits of any forward by a country mile. 

Somone noted he has been producing offensively for past stretch as well. So if he can minimize his temper tantrums and dirty hits, he should be a good addition. Also, he seems to be quite willing to drop the gloves, which seems surprising given his size and taking on Neil shows he isn't afraid to step up in weight class or is confident in his ability to tie up a bigger fellow in a fight and avoid getting beat down too badly. 

• Upvote 1

On 09/12/2016 at 7:28 PM, Chris said:

I'm pretty sure they signed him because the way he plays,  "temper tantrums" and all. 

100% because if he does not play that way he probably never makes the NHL. The fact that he's a little nuts is what puts him over the top. There are dozens of guys with the same level of skill in the AHL and other leagues, but Shaw has that fire that makes him a legit NHLer. 

For his size, Shaw sure is a beast physically, good fighter for his size, and not bad offensive awareness, and I'll go so far as to say 1000% improvement on Eller.

Nothing wrong with effective crazy...

Guest Stogey24
2 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

one thing is for sure... Shaw, Lehkonan and Danault have looked great together

I love how Lehkonen goes to the net on every play. You want a recipe for success, that's how you start 

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

So far, I still think his contract sucks.

Can't say he deserves more money than Byron, Lekhonen or Mitchell individually, despite being paid about as much as the three combined.  

I'm surprised Claude put him out on the powerplay, hey must be the money.