Jump to content

2020-21 Laval General Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

Those are those on this board who obviously understand the emergency recall\taxi squad\cap hit rules much better than I do so I totally get why it may be difficult to bring up Poehling this year but I think he is a very a strong candidate for next year if he has a good camp.  He is the leading scorer on the top ranked team in the AHL and his cap hit would be attractive, hard to ignore that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I noticed him a lot the first couple of games where he was really involved at both ends and then hardly saw him last night with his linemate Harvey-Pinard stealing the show.  Still, considering how lo

He hasn't played all season (Brisebois has been on the taxi squad since January 13th) so this is a move designed to get him some playing time.  Is there a firm agreement in place that says he has to p

Yes, They always have an out clause for an NHL contract.  

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Commandant said:

You can't just pull Staal from the lineup, as you dont get an emergency recall for a healthy scratch. 

 

The reason why its Evans or Poehling is that Evans is already an emergency recall... you can swap one player for another, and Poehling would now be the Emergency recall and Evans back to the taxi squad or Laval.

That's right. But once the Laval season is over, we could potentially play both Evans and Poehling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

That's right. But once the Laval season is over, we could potentially play both Evans and Poehling.

 

We could, but that would be bringing him in for his first game in the middle of a playoff series. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Commandant said:

We could, but that would be bringing him in for his first game in the middle of a playoff series. 

Yes. Which might or might not be worse than playing Staal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 hours ago, Commandant said:

You can't just pull Staal from the lineup, as you dont get an emergency recall for a healthy scratch. 

 

The reason why its Evans or Poehling is that Evans is already an emergency recall... you can swap one player for another, and Poehling would now be the Emergency recall and Evans back to the taxi squad or Laval.

 

For the "look see" in the regular season you are entirely correct ... I was more looking at using an emergency recall tp see whether Poehling might, overall, be a better option than Staal in the post-season ... given that (based on the morning skate) there is chance that Frolik dresses I can't understand why they wouldn't take a look at Poehling instead.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Those are those on this board who obviously understand the emergency recall\taxi squad\cap hit rules much better than I do so I totally get why it may be difficult to bring up Poehling this year but I think he is a very a strong candidate for next year if he has a good camp.  He is the leading scorer on the top ranked team in the AHL and his cap hit would be attractive, hard to ignore that. 

 

He needs a new contract for next season (I could see something similar to Evans' deal) but he should be in the mix.  He's still waiver-exempt though so it's far from a guarantee he'd get a spot.

 

32 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

For the "look see" in the regular season you are entirely correct ... I was more looking at using an emergency recall tp see whether Poehling might, overall, be a better option than Staal in the post-season ... given that (based on the morning skate) there is chance that Frolik dresses I can't understand why they wouldn't take a look at Poehling instead.

 

Frolik has been practicing with the team all season long, Poehling hasn't aside from the first week or so.  They kind of have to give Frolik the first opportunity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

...Frolik has been practicing with the team all season long, Poehling hasn't aside from the first week or so.  They kind of have to give Frolik the first opportunity.

Fair enough ... but after what he showed in Laval and against Edmonton & Ottawa I don't expect anything more impressive tonight ... and pretty much feel he has had his chance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Four of the five AHL divisions - including the North Division - will not have any playoffs so once May 17th hits, that's the end of the year for Laval.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Four of the five AHL divisions - including the North Division - will not have any playoffs so once May 17th hits, that's the end of the year for Laval.

Good news IMO

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Laval played Belleville yesterday and lost 4-3.  Lucchini had two, should have been three but since there's no video replay, they couldn't go upstairs to check.  (Laval was on the other end of this a few weeks back as well, benefiting from no replay.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...