Nothing To Do With Anything

Trizzak

Hope he likes Arctic winters. Snow in early September always fun. :wacko:

He grew up in Rimouski & Ste. Anne des Monts.

Think he can handle 'some' snow ;)

yeah but can he survive -30 C temps in January? That's the ultimate question.

Anyway

I should be dead, I was struck by lightening and almost again. Twice in one night. Should I buy a lottery ticket?

whats up with that ??

yeah but can he survive -30 C temps in January? That's the ultimate question.

Anyway

I should be dead, I was struck by lightening and almost again. Twice in one night. Should I buy a lottery ticket?

Your trying to say that Edmonton is harder than Quebec during winter?

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

maybe not harder but longer. while it can be -4 in mtl in november, it can be-20 in edmonton.

I spent ten days in edmonton in january 2005 and temperature were quite mild, just like in mtl.

so I guess the biggest difference is in the duration on the said winters.

Edited by marky_and_komi

It is, you've got to be mentally tough to live in Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg during the winter. It got so cold last winter in Winnipeg that if you spent more then 15 minutes outside you would have frozen to death.

It is, you've got to be mentally tough to live in Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg during the winter. It got so cold last winter in Winnipeg that if you spent more then 15 minutes outside you would have frozen to death.

thats why they sport the mullet there, keeps the neck warm :lol:

I'm sure there are many mentally weak people there who do just fine.

Don't you die when you get struck by lightning?

I was struck by lightening via ford focus hatch. Its black stealthy-ness saved my life. All I got was a tingle down the neck like a bad neck stinger in football when you neck snaps and a headache.

Theory works. I won 20 bucks off of a scratch off ticket.

Don't you die when you get struck by lightning?

I was struck by lightening via ford focus hatch. Its black stealthy-ness saved my life. All I got was a tingle down the neck like a bad neck stinger in football when you neck snaps and a headache.

Theory works. I won 20 bucks off of a scratch off ticket.

Dont you have to discharge the car before you get out? Otherwise you still get electrocuted? (f.e. drive against a lamp-post)

no the rubber tires

Yeah thats exactly why i said that. Cuz the tires dont conduct it into the ground, thats why the car stays loaded, and when you get out the transition is to high, or you can electrolute yourself on the car. Thats what i always was told, and read!!

edit: hmm i just looked it up on internet. Most of the load will go away, some will stay, but is not enough to kill you!

Actually, the tires have nothing to do with it. The main factor is the frame of the car. Compare it to a Faraday cage. The lightning strikes the top of the car and the current flows around the frame towards the ground. Everything inside is safe, unless you're somehow touching the frame, which is unlikely. Some current will just jump from the frame to the ground, but some current actually exits through the tires. If you think about it, tires have a good amount of metal in them. The frame and the wires inside the tire that provide support. Plus, when that much electricity is flowing, it takes more than a little bit of rubber to stop the current.

Posted 6/7/2007: Evgeny* Vagin (D)

From Sary Arka Karaganda to CSK VVS Samara

In Russia, isn't there an ending "a" added in female last names?

For example, if Evgeny(*) and his wife expect a newborn (female), the name of that girl would be :blink:

Posted 6/7/2007: Evgeny* Vagin (D)

From Sary Arka Karaganda to CSK VVS Samara

In Russia, isn't there an ending "a" added in female last names?

For example, if Evgeny(*) and his wife expect a newborn (female), the name of that girl would be :blink:

it would be a real nice name...but I don't think mods would appreciate I tell